WSOP Main Event Information

diabloblanco

diabloblanco

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The first of three (3) day #1's was completed this morning about 245am PST with the following noteable chipcounts. Per cardplayer.
Lee Watkinson-$160,000
Edouart Cardona-$130,000
Tony Laughing, Jr.-$100,175
Joe Pelton-$100,000
Tom Pniak-$88,200
Dustin "Neverwin" Woolf-$69,500
Liz leiu-$64,000
Layne Flack-$61,000
Greg Raymer-$48,900
Reza Payvar-$38,000
Chris Henchcliffe-$36,000
Paul Darden-$36,000
John Duthie-$35,000
Chris Grigorian-$26,000
David Plastik-$25,000
Clonie Gowan-$18,000
Kathy Kolberg-$16,000
Tony Cousinou-$11,200
Gus Hansen-$10,000
Shannon Elizabeth-$8,900
Toto Leonitas-$7,800
John Gale-$6,000
Jeff Shulman-$5,500

Keep in mind there are still two "first days" consisting of appx 2000 players each. One today (Friday) and one Saturday. They play each one down to 65 tables or 650 people or less, then combine the 3 fields on Sunday to begin playing down to the final table which is on the 15th. So if you don't see your favorite players on this list its possible that they didn't start yet. Some noteable players that are already out are:
Chris Ferguson
Scott Fischmann
Carlos Mortensen
Josh Arieh
Eskimo Clarke
Barry Greenstien (who gave a copy of his new book to the guy that knocked him out, BTW)
Jennifer Harman
John Murphy

Ill post more as I remember them. I will keep this thread updated, feel free to add to it if you have any information that I left out.

P

Poker Player 100

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
dammit..look at the ut list..this sux

C

colin_147

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Good stuff Diablo

Keep it coming!

Shannon Elizabeth? Surely not THE Shannon Elizabeth of American Pie fame?

diabloblanco

diabloblanco

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
That's the one. She's dating Antonio Esfandiari.

diabloblanco

diabloblanco

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This thread will contain a fairly steady stream of updates once the tournament restarts today, so check back.

diabloblanco

diabloblanco

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes she is. Hopefully we can get some good discussion like that going in this thread for the entirety of the main event.

Sammy Farha doubled up on the first hand thru Kate Hudsons brother. Lots of big names in todays heat.

Dutch Boyd's sorry ass evidentally won a satellite last night and got a seat, according to his blog. What a turd. I hope someone he screwed out of their cash kicks his ass.

Cardplayer is up and down I guess due to traffic. They just reported a woman who has NEVER played live who won her seat online and a guy who didn't know what a showdown was or when it happened during the game. Jebus christ.

Last edited:
X

xdmanx007

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
diabloblanco said:
That's the one. She's dating Antonio Esfandiari.
OH hell NO Esfandiari!! AH MAN... Saw she filed for divorce... Dam somebody already keeping her warm :(

diabloblanco

diabloblanco

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
As far as I know its him. And speaking of Antonio, he has doubled up with AK to someones AQ.

Also, Mike the grinder Mizrachi doubled up with bottom 2 pair against AA.

Both players knocking out their respective opponents in those hands so they might not have actually doubled up.

The chick who had NEVER played live before...EVER, has been outed. She is now on the rail where she belongs.

Sammy Farha is now up over 34,000 chips already at the Feature Table.

Sammy Farha up to over 40K at the first break. Tablemate Daniel Negreanu is down to about 3,000. Everyone send negreanu the Qwan.

I haven't seen anything about Action Dan Harrington yet, and I'm pretty sure he was slotted for 1b, which is today...

Last edited:
P

Poker Player 100

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
keep it coming.

i hope farha makes it and im not worried about dan harrington. he will make it to the final table

diabloblanco

diabloblanco

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Farha is over 2:1 chip leader. Next closest is Mike "grinder" Mizrachi with 18,000. Funny side note. On the leaderboard is Tobey Mguire (sp?) with 13,000 somewhere around 10th place and Mimi Rogers with about 9,000 in the bottom 20 or so.

P

Poker Player 100

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
do u have the scoop on hollywood actors

Ben affleck
Toby Mcguire
jennifer tilly and so on...

diabloblanco

diabloblanco

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
LMFAO, fashionably late as usual, Phil Hellmuth has arrived at the event, rested and ready to play.

Tobey and Mimi Rogers were already listed. Jennifer Tilly busted out yesterday, and Affleck has yet to be seen.

Tobey busted out. Kathy Liebert busted out. Daniel Negreanu doubles up, now over 5,000.

Dan Harrington is holding at 5,500.

Last edited:
joshyb20

joshyb20

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
what about phil ivey? did he play yesterday, today, or tomorrow?

diabloblanco

diabloblanco

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Not sure about Ivey, ill check.

Thunder Keller's identical twin "Lightning" (swear to god I'm not making this up) is on fire at 32,000. Cardplayer thought it was Thomas and went to check it out and found Lightning. LMFAO.

diabloblanco

diabloblanco

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Daniel Negreanu and Joe Awada are both eliminated.

Ivey must be in day 1c, because we would have heard something by now. I will make sure though.

joshyb20

joshyb20

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Man, Jesus and DN gone! Doesn't look good for my other two favorite players, Ivey and Hellmuth!:banghead:

Thanks Diablo for the info

P

Poker Player 100

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
negreanu gone..nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.

lederer isnt..i hope

diabloblanco

diabloblanco

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Moneymaker at 21,500. Hellmuth climbing slowly up to 13,000 right now.

P

Poker Player 100

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
yaay hellmuth.

wat r the blinds and where the hell are u getting this info at??

diabloblanco

diabloblanco

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Blinds change again in about 20 mins I think. And the info is from a few different places, I'm not sure Nick wants other forums and such linked here. Cardplayer has updates, interviews and such.

P

Poker Player 100

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
other forums dont know jack.

and thx for the info!!:marchmell :marchmell :marchmell :marchmell :marchmell :marchmell :marchmell :marchmell :marchmell

diabloblanco

diabloblanco

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Some real impressive chipcounts should be coming after this next break. Should be an interesting night. I'm still posting from my mobile and its kinda slow so the updates will be fewer, plus I'm playing cards also, so that slows it down also.

I have, up until this point, been posting mainly persons of interest to most casual fans (household names). I am kinda a junkie so if anyone else wants the junkie version just say so (I.e. Lesser known pros and internet gamers) ill try to add more detail. Warning, it can get a little lengthy that way so if you want ill just stick to the big dogs.

joshyb20

joshyb20

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
We don't have anybody there, do we?

WSOP