WSOP Main Event Information

diabloblanco

diabloblanco

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Phil Ivey, Doyle, John D'Agostino, and Marcel Luske all playing 1c, tomorrow. Don't fret fans. Lots more poker to come.

No cardschatters there as far as I know.

Last edited:
P

Poker Player 100

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
good. so is doyle i beleive

lest hope doyle can stay with the young crowd

Last edited:
diabloblanco

diabloblanco

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sorry for the delay. After the dinner break the chip leaders are as follows:

All counts are accurate as of 9:30pm EST
Dan Collin 95,000
Sammy Farha 78,000
Chip Reese 64,000
Matt Poucher 41,500
Phillip Post 33,000
Paul Phillips 32,500
Young Phan 29,000
Joe Beevers 28,000
Asher Derei 26,400
Dennis Ethier 25,000

Now that the top 10 are out of the way, other noteables are as follows:

Paul Wolfe 25,000
David Williams 24,300
Chris Moneymaker 22,900
Dutch Boyd 22,000
Mike Mizrachi 19,000
Phil Hellmuth 18,000
Dan Harrington 18,000
Cindy Violette 17,400
Phil Gordon 14,700
Dewey Tompko 12,800
John Hennigan 12,000
Annie Duke 10,000
David Sklanski 9,500
Mimi Rogers 9,400

Check back in a while for more developments. On a side note, I am pumped up right at 180 bucks at the cardroom right now, lol...peanuts. Some of us CC'ers should be at the big dance right now dammit.

P

Poker Player 100

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
great to see skalansky lose

i dont like him

diabloblanco

diabloblanco

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sklanski is still, very much alive at this point.

Another thing to chew on: Hellmuth is up to 18,000 right now and sat out for about the first 2 odd hours. During that time a LOT of dead money left the tournament. I wonder where he would be if he would have been there and capitalized on some of that action instead of having to make the grand entrance. He actually pulled up to the front of the Rio in a Limousine and ESPN cameras were there to film his exiting the car and entering the building. That seems to me like a very costly publicity stunt (possibly).

diabloblanco

diabloblanco

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
update
The dinner break is actually over at 11:15pm EST (now as I type this). Noteable developments; Men Nguyen and Evelyn Ng both busted out before the break at 7:00pm PST. Phil Hellmuth is now the chip leader at the ESPN Feature Table with over 30,000 in chips. And according to Cardplayer, "Action" Dan Harrington is having a petit Filet Mignon from the Rio Steakhouse for dinner. I kid not, that was an actual update. There are approximately 1550 players left in this round. They will play to 65 tables, or 650 players or less.
After the dinner break the structure is 150/300 with a 25 ante

update
The dinner break is actually over at 11:15pm EST (now as I type this). Noteable developments; Men Nguyen and Evelyn Ng both busted out before the break at 7:00pm PST. Phil Hellmuth is now the chip leader at the ESPN Feature Table with over 30,000 in chips. And according to Cardplayer, "Action" Dan Harrington is having a petit Filet Mignon from the Rio Steakhouse for dinner. I kid not, that was an actual update. There are approximately 1550 players left in this round. They will play to 65 tables, or 650 players or less.

After the dinner break the structure is 150/300 with a 25 ante

Last edited:
diabloblanco

diabloblanco

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
More noteable eliminations:
Antonio Esfandiari
Eric "Edog" Lindgren
Erin Ness (The Maxim Magazine hottie from 2004)

Two big stacks took a beating. Mike "the grinder" Mizrachi just got trounced leaving him with 5,600 in chips, well below what he started with after the dinner break.

Also Sammy Farha who was estimated runner-up in chips had someone double-up through his stack leaving him with 33,000.

Last edited:
Jesus Lederer

Jesus Lederer

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sorry to bother but what about Howard Lederer? Does he play tomorrow?
Do you know if there is one South american player?

diabloblanco

diabloblanco

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
9:01pm PST

John Hennigan is all in against Tim Strayer with a board of 24554. Hennigan turns over 7-4, Strayer A-4, out-kicking Hennigan and sending him packing.

I belive Lederer does play tomorrow, ill have to double check. And I also know Carlos Mortensen was eliminated yesterday, is he South American? With 5600 entrants there is bound to be a few South Americans playing in the main event.

Last edited:
Jesus Lederer

Jesus Lederer

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Carlos Mortensen is Spanish. Probably there aren´t south american players (here poker isn´t very massive).
Anyway, i have a question: Why did Hennigan lost to Strayer if they both had the same full house?

diabloblanco

diabloblanco

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Feature Table Update
Phil Hellmuth is up to 47,000 in chips and seems to have control over the table at this point.

P

Poker Player 100

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
well. phil is doin good when do they play till

and lederer im not sure about ure question but its the best 5 card hands and i bet theres a kicker involved

diabloblanco

diabloblanco

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I got the Hennigan update from cardplayer, they may have gotten the hand a bit mixed up. They have done that a few times during yesterday and today leaving you thinking why the hell a pro made such a bad call, only to find out the cards weren't exactly right.

So far, they haven't messed up any actual eliminations though. So Hennigan is most definately out. Ill keep a closer eye on the updates and warn when one seems wrong.

Jesus Lederer

Jesus Lederer

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Poker Player 100 said:
well. phil is doin good when do they play till

and lederer im not sure about ure question but its the best 5 card hands and i bet theres a kicker involved
Hennigan´s best 5 were: 44455
Strayer´s best 5 were: 44455

So no kicker involved.
I think that diablo committed a mistake. Maybe the river wasn´t a 5 or maybe Strayer´s hand was A5.

*edit

Thanks for the correction diablo. There are lots of hands played at the moment and it´s difficult to keep accuracy on every card, so i understand. Anyway what it matters is that Hennigan is out (maybe really they both had the same full house and he didn´t realize. lol).

Last edited:
diabloblanco

diabloblanco

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Oh, and like I posted earlier, they are scheduled to play down to 65 tables. Last night it was somewhere around 2:45am PST. However, at the dinner break tonight, they were 4 tables or 40 players behind the pace. So there's a good chance it could be longer than that this round. Yesterday was about 15 hours.

See post #39 for the explaination of the mistake on the Hennigan hand.

Noteable eliminations: 9:33pm PST
David Williams went out on the first hand following the dinner break. Other eliminations are:
Perry Friedman
Barry Boatman
Max Pescatori

The pace, according to those on site, is starting to pick up pretty good since re-starting following the dinner break.

9:44pm PST
Dewey Tomko eliminated, they're dropping like flies.

9:45pm PST
Phil Gordon nearly doubles up with a set of sevens bringing his chip count to just over 15,000.

Hasan Habib, goes all-in with pocket Queens and is called by A-7. An Ace on the turn sends him to the rail.

Last edited:
P

Poker Player 100

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
ure gonna be up all nite.

i love the updates tho

diabloblanco

diabloblanco

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't know if ill make it all the way, but I'm gonna do what I can. I'm following it for me mainly, just posting here for the rest of you.

9:56pm PST
End of level 5 with 99 tables remaining (990 players). Twenty minute break then level 6 begins.

Cardplayer was wrong about the Hennigan hand. The turn was a J, making the board 245J4. Hennigan had 7-4 for a hand of 444J7, winner had a hand of 444JA from A-4 hole cards. They have done that a lot during the series.

During level 6 play, the blinds are 200/400 with a $50 ante, and the 990 players remaining would make the average stack going into the 6th level 19,000. Some of the better known pros are well above that benchmark at this point.

10:05pm PST-Feature Table
Hellmuth still has a firm grip on the table and has amassed 57,000 in chips at the start of level 6.

10:32pm PST
Cindy Violette is eliminated by a club Flush on the river.

Alright kids, I'm off to bed. I will be checking during the next few hours periodically and will post the good stuff.

Last edited:
joshyb20

joshyb20

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
keep 'em coming buddy! Lots of big names falling early. Hope to see some hang around, as it would be nice to see a name win this year, IMO

diabloblanco

diabloblanco

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Alright guys, I just woke up. The worst news I got was that just after midnight, Phil Hellmuth, Jr. had a terrible hour that culminated in him being all-in against Paul "x-22" Magriel's pocket 7's. Hellmuth didn't improve his A-Qos and was sent packing. Ill post end leader, notebale chipcounts in a few minutes.
Dammit Phil, why? WHY?!?

XXIII

XXIII

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Wow, Phill is the type though. One bad beat and he's talking to himself. Another one and he's gone on tilt.:congrats:

Well there went my pick.

Jennifer Tilly wins the Womens but busts out 1st day lol:aetsch:

diabloblanco

diabloblanco

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Pretty sad chip leader update
Hakkon Waerstad $159,000
Sammy Farha $130,000
Jeff Dziedzic $130,000
Carmel Petresca $116,000
David "Chino" Freen $115,000
Scott Lazar $115,000
Brad Kondracki $105,500
Peter "Teddy Bear" Hellund $95,000
Charlie Morris $84,000
Farzad Bonyati $84,000

Noteable day 1b finishing chipcounts

Paul "x-22" Magriel $48,000
Young Phan $48,000
Amir Vahedi $44,000
Sean "Lightning" Keller $40,000
Dutch Boyd $40,000
Paul McKinney $38,400
Joe Beevers $33,400
Paul "Neverwin" Woolfe $31,000
Barry Shulman $28,000
David "Chip" Reese $26,700
Celia Mortensen $25,300
"Action" Dan Harrington $25,000
Michael "The Grinder" Mizrachi $24,000
Paul Phillips $15,000
Mimi Tran $14,000
David Sklanski $14,000
Chris Moneymaker $9,000

There it is guys, the leaderboard (top-10) and the noteable chipstacks for day 1b. There are still a few good pros with enough chips to make something happen so it should be interesting on Sunday when the 3 fields are brought together. I am going to start another thread for todays field in this same forum (general). I kinda got the hang of updating toward the middle of this thread so the next one should seem a bit more coherent all the way through, as this one did toward the middle and end.

P

potsplasher

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
At cardplayer.com I saw that Jennifer Harman ran into not one, but TWO straight flushes yesterday. Ouch.

Anybody know which site is more accurate concerning the chip counts? I have been following the logs at cardplayer.com, but I noticed that they are different than the one at the official wsop site. One would assume that the official site is correct, but I don't want to assume. Anyone know for sure?

diabloblanco

diabloblanco

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I go to a few different sites along with a couple of forums. Cardplayer is one, but like you said, they have gotten a few numbers wrong and also messed up the hands on a few of their updates.

Jennifer Harman did run into a straight flush, I believe it was runner, runner also. Her husband Marco (I think is his name) Tranielli also ran into runner, runner to be eliminated. Both were strong favorites when their money went into the pot, and both got bad beats laid on them.

P

potsplasher

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Just wondered if anyone knows which, if any, celebrities are still in it? The only ones I have heard mentioned without a subsequent mention of their departure is Rob Mariano from Survivor and Shannon Elizabeth. He wasn't listed in yesterday's chip count, but I don't know if they are listing each and every name. Shannon was listed as surviving the first day at cardplayer.com, but her name isn't on the list at the official website. By the way, I haven't seen Mena Suvari's name any of the three days. I thought she would play for sure. She might have prior commitments.

WSOP