AzdajaD

AzdajaD

Meat Pounder
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
RS
Chips
It's a big maybe... we plan family trip tour to Usa in the middle of May (NYC, L.A. and probably Vegas 85%)
If I come to Vegas and play, I pay my own way there ofc + what to meet you cool kids there! :)

CRStals

CRStals

Total posts
Awards
Chips
You don’t have to defend your decision making! I appreciate all you do for the forum and these live team events are the cherry on top.

I’d love it if we would arrange a social night. Optional of course. But I know good spot for putting together private karaoke parties in Vegas. Private room etc. it’s a blast.

I won't be going to Vegas this year but it is on my radar for the next few years. If I were going this year, my vote would be Colossus. Several reasons:

- Big 50 will be an enormous tournament with a lot of people playing in it - less individual exposure for CC
- Colossus is more flexible when it comes to other wsop or non-WSOP events
- Slightly lower buy-in makes it more affordable for recreational players
- Big 50 will be a one-time deal that if others wanted to play could do on their own accord whereas Colossus is an annual event and more of a tradition for us
- More likely all CC team members play in the same flight - whereas Big 50 over 6 days makes it more likely that people play day 1, day 6, or in the middle. Harder to gain a rail if your team isn't all playing together
- Tag team would be fun as a CC team, but being potentially limited in hands makes the value less
- Makes it easier to arrange a social night

dealio96

dealio96

The LAG Monkeys
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If it comes down to those two tourneys, I personally would probably rather play in the big50, but after weighing the pros and cons, Id have to say the collosus is better "all around" for the team event(with everyone's timing/trip length etc.).

Debi

Debi

Forum Admin
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You don’t have to defend your decision making! I appreciate all you do for the forum and these live team events are the cherry on top.

I’d love it if we would arrange a social night. Optional of course. But I know good spot for putting together private karaoke parties in Vegas. Private room etc. it’s a blast.

I know - just thought someone might think I was being selfish lol.

A social night would be amazing. We used to all get together but now seem to run into the problem of not everyone having a free night. Will try to do it if it looks feasible.

I won't be going to Vegas this year but it is on my radar for the next few years. If I were going this year, my vote would be Colossus. Several reasons:

- Big 50 will be an enormous tournament with a lot of people playing in it - less individual exposure for CC
- Colossus is more flexible when it comes to other WSOP or non-WSOP events
- Slightly lower buy-in makes it more affordable for recreational players
- Big 50 will be a one-time deal that if others wanted to play could do on their own accord whereas Colossus is an annual event and more of a tradition for us
- More likely all CC team members play in the same flight - whereas Big 50 over 6 days makes it more likely that people play day 1, day 6, or in the middle. Harder to gain a rail if your team isn't all playing together
- Tag team would be fun as a CC team, but being potentially limited in hands makes the value less
- Makes it easier to arrange a social night

All good points.

D

Dontworry44

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
hope

i really hope i will be able to go win this tournement this year, i know that i can

Amanda A

Amanda A

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Thanks! I would be most interested in Big50 and Colossus.

M

M13A13

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I believe every beginner in poker should aim to play the WSOP.
It is a very prestigious event and anyone who manages to win the main event will be devoting himself to poker for the rest of their lives and will still enter history and be immortalized in poker.

M

M13A13

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I do not know what potential card users can afford to buy in, even though I participate in the freerolls and not their bankroll situation for other users.
But in my opinion, if there are people with larger purchasing power, you should run a mega satellite for the main event, even if it's 1 for a field of 5,000.
But could also do could yes to hold the satellite next to the poker sites and still release the ticket even for others who are not yet part of the cardschat to help pay the main event buy in.
It would be a paid satellite organized by cardschat and pay for all other players who can pay a buy in of about $ 200 to compete for a spot in the WSOP main event.

Matt Vaughan

Matt Vaughan

King of Moody Rants
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I will most likely be in town for any of the options, so personally, it doesn't much matter.

I agree that generally you want to hit the spots that lots of CC members will be able to make, but I think the likely smaller Colossus field size is probably more important than allowing more CC members to be around. At the end of the day, many of the members who will actually qualify for the team event (not the "well it'd be great if I could make it this year but I can't" type deal) will likely be able to plan their schedule around what you pick.

Maybe it's just my perception but that's how it's seemed to me for the most part in past years, and I think you will get a decent CC turnout regardless of which event you pick.

Debi

Debi

Forum Admin
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I do not know what potential card users can afford to buy in, even though I participate in the freerolls and not their bankroll situation for other users.
But in my opinion, if there are people with larger purchasing power, you should run a mega satellite for the main event, even if it's 1 for a field of 5,000.
But could also do could yes to hold the satellite next to the poker sites and still release the ticket even for others who are not yet part of the cardschat to help pay the main event buy in.
It would be a paid satellite organized by cardschat and pay for all other players who can pay a buy in of about $ 200 to compete for a spot in the WSOP main event.

There is a huge cost difference in what we are doing vs what you are suggesting we do. Plus the added risk of someone winning who doesn't go. What we do is much better and more cost effective. :)

I will most likely be in town for any of the options, so personally, it doesn't much matter.

I agree that generally you want to hit the spots that lots of CC members will be able to make, but I think the likely smaller Colossus field size is probably more important than allowing more CC members to be around. At the end of the day, many of the members who will actually qualify for the team event (not the "well it'd be great if I could make it this year but I can't" type deal) will likely be able to plan their schedule around what you pick.

Maybe it's just my perception but that's how it's seemed to me for the most part in past years, and I think you will get a decent CC turnout regardless of which event you pick.

Your input is always appreciated! Hate that I won't get to see you this year though. You are not going at all?

Matt Vaughan

Matt Vaughan

King of Moody Rants
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Your input is always appreciated! Hate that I won't get to see you this year though. You are not going at all?

I worded it kind of funny, but basically I will probably be around for ANY of those options. So to me, I plan to participate and it doesn't make a big diff which event is selected. Probably won't do the WHOLE series this year but think it'll be close, like a month starting at the end of may, and then play the main most likely.

natsgrampy

natsgrampy

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Has here been a decision on a time for this?

Debi

Debi

Forum Admin
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Fine. Why not make a few games for real money with different buy-in?

Not sure what you are talking about - but we don't get to decide what the WSOP games are - and they are all real money games.

SPANKYSN

SPANKYSN

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I know - just thought someone might think I was being selfish lol.

A social night would be amazing. We used to all get together but now seem to run into the problem of not everyone having a free night. Will try to do it if it looks feasible.

All good points.

I doubt anyone would think you are being selfish. In my mind, you are synonymous with Cardschat. You've put so much blood, sweat and tears into running the Cardshat forum and events, your attendance at any WSOP event would be extremely important (and after all these years on the forum, I have wanted to meet some of the main CC players, you being first on my list).
As far as my participation, playing in a WSOP event is high on my bucket list, so I would try to work around the majority choice. Gotta first work this out with my wife...she's been to Vegas in the summer, and roasted...I'm not fond of the heat, but that's the timing. Look forward to your final choice.

R

Roger1960

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would love to finally go to Vegas and play. I have some things in the air that need to be locked down. I will be watching this thread.

nevadanick

nevadanick

Back to work ... zzzzz
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Wish there were different time frames ... but no such luck. We would love to meet and play with the CCer's in Vegas.

Unfortunately, we leave every year near the end of May for Alaska and cooler temperatures. My SO is heat intolerant due to a med condition, so we can't stay in the desert areas during 'heat-up' months.

For now ... have to settle for being a 'backer' ... !!

natsgrampy

natsgrampy

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
cool, will start looking into hotel for this

SPANKYSN

SPANKYSN

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
We are going with the Colossus - will create the team thread within a week!

Debi,

How many CC members qualify to be on the WSOP team? Is there a competition for spots on the team, or is it first come, first served?

belladonna05

belladonna05

belladonkin'
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
We are going with the Colossus - will create the team thread within a week!
Unless I make two trips or stay for a month, I'm probably not going to make this one. I really want to play the 50 but will have to think this one over. My schedules open so will do some mulling :D

Zorba

Zorba

Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AQ
Chips
Well since I'm going to Vegas in March for 10 days its why I said if I go, this one will fit my budget if I work really hard and stay inside my comfort zone for spendings. If not I won't be going :)
Sell a percentage of your arse, I am sure you'd be able to get a few people willing to buy a piece of your arse. ;) You know I'd like a piece of your arse. :p

:D:dancing2:
Win then!
There's this too Donna.

:top:

That would be awesome for us that drool each year while waiting for the year we go to see video of you guys having a ball.

:top:

Debi

Debi

Forum Admin
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Debi,

How many CC members qualify to be on the WSOP team? Is there a competition for spots on the team, or is it first come, first served?

It is first come first serve - up to 16 members.

Unless I make two trips or stay for a month, I'm probably not going to make this one. I really want to play the 50 but will have to think this one over. My schedules open so will do some mulling :D

Forget the 50 :p

Wouldn't be the same without you!

SPANKYSN

SPANKYSN

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It is first come first serve - up to 16 members.

I would love to be considered...I shall await your team thread...but, just in case I'm late, put me down in pen; not pencil.
Thanks

WSOP