Wild or Mild

Dennis C

Dennis C

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
O.K. I think it's safe to say that at some point in time we have all played a live game that was dealer's choice. Most of us have had the guy at our table that calls every card in the deck wild. (2s, 3s, one eyed jacks, and suicide kings) All this in one hand can make for a long, shitty, lucky night. It's enough to make me vomit. I think there is enough luck involved in poker without mucking up the water with wild cards. So on hands when someone calls wild I will sit out. What do you guys think? Are you Wild or Mild like me?:)

Tammy

Tammy

Can I help you?
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Well, I have to admit, in my early days of poker (home games, dealer's choice), I would tend to be a little wild. But now, I am definitely mild. For the same reasons as you, Dennis.

Sammyv1

Sammyv1

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hey bri,

I know I am supposed to treat all my money the same, but when we get together with family and play 5-10 cent poker anything goes, there is wilds up the ying yang. And for a change it is really fun. I would not do this for any big money though! One time all hearts and all odds were wild! It was funny there were 3 five of a kinds and a straight flush. The aces 5 of a kind won. We dont do that anymore though cause that was just to wild.

twizzybop

twizzybop

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I am mild now.. younger days, wild. However I don't mind 1 or 2 cards wild like the suicide king or 1 eyed jacks... but when you are getting a crap load of wild cards in the game. I personally think it makes for a dumb game cause anybody can have anything.

DESSERTLADY

DESSERTLADY

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Bri,

I'm like most on here. In my earlier days of poker(lol when I didn't know Jack) Wild was fun but now that I pretty much know what I am doing, I'm more Mild these days.

Ima6T4

Ima6T4

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I agree with Sammy. Family and friends nights are fine for wild card games, as long as the stakes are friendly enough. But never for any serious money. At our Sunday night games we had so many wild card variations I don't know if I have the room to list them all. LOL!

titans4ever

titans4ever

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Mild to the point of dull. We don't do much with wild cards, makes it to much of a crap shoot and there gets to be to many big hands. We do holdem double flop. You hole cards work for both and the pot is split between the best hand for each set of community cards.

Ima6T4

Ima6T4

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
gfpokerfan said:
Mild to the point of dull. We don't do much with wild cards, makes it to much of a crap shoot and there gets to be to many big hands. We do holdem double flop. You hole cards work for both and the pot is split between the best hand for each set of community cards.

I'm not sure if it's called the same thing but I played some games where you were dealt 2 cards down and a double flop and they called it double vegas. they would also lay down 3 flops and call it big boy vegas. Some crazy combinations in those games. They also played a variation of omaha/hold-em where you were dealt 4 cards and had to discard 2 of them after the flop.