Lucho.riv9

Lucho.riv9

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
A lot of people can't control their emotions when playing in live games. What kind of tells do you most frequently identify from your opponents?

takinitSLEAZEE

takinitSLEAZEE

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I try to pay attention to their mannerisms such as how much they touch their face and fidget, especially when they're betting; the differences between calling and betting/raising. This one guy would wear a mask so it made it a little difficult to read him, but I noticed that whenever he was on a draw, he would count his chips in his head then bet, as for when he had a made hand he would count out the chips, kind of stalling in the process. It took two sessions w/him to figure that out. I try to notice little things like that.

M

Max Defensor

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
when your opponent is avoiding eye contact

dannystanks

dannystanks

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
US
Chips
I love live poker just because of all the weird things people do that you notice while playing. Everything people do is for a reason, so be patient and you will see or hear tells. When they talk during a hand it means something. If they normally talk and are now quiet it means something. You have to figure out why they are doing what they are doing after the cards are shown and see if there is a pattern. If there is then maybe this can help you make your decision. New players give all kinds of tells.

BetterThanAvgButNotByMuch

BetterThanAvgButNotByMuch

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If they wiggle their nose and blink then it means they have it. If you look under the table and they're clicking their heels together during a hand then they wish they we're in the hand and they don't have it, lolol. poker tells, lol.

Emily Trott

Emily Trott

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Just make sure that a tell doesn't work against you. Years ago I was playing seven card stud in a hand with only one other player remaining. When I got the card I needed I slipped and made a slight smile. He folded as soon as I bet. :( About a half hour or so later I was head to head with the same player. This time I didn't get my card, but I gave a slight smile. He folded again, and I'd pulled off the perfect bluff. :)

Emily Trott

Emily Trott

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Watch out for tells that don't affect you. Once in awhile when you are out of a hand, the player next to you who is still in it will decide for some reason to show you their cards. Try not to change your facial expression when this happens because you might give information about their hand.

choprav

choprav

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
A lot of people can't control their emotions when playing in live games. What kind of tells do you most frequently identify from your opponents?
Too confident rocky, arrogant ir the other way, nervous fidgety, sweating, hands touching face and head

doma47

doma47

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What if poker player do something on purpose like in guts he starts to be aggresive and do actions like he is bluffing? how to Read that when the opponent is already thinking about how to make villian call , you cant read exactly every same hand but you can follow tournament table and you will have time to read when ppl are not intrested in hand so you can steal that pot more and more often

fernandofcp

fernandofcp

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
When I play live, I find that some of my opponents repeatedly change their body behavior when they have a good or even a bad hand. But it takes a lot of attention to identify these patterns. This is worth gold!

V

valanddon

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
They keep looking back at their cards.

M

Magallaneroy

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
VE
Chips
The expression when they're received the cards, that's important.

yogo9

yogo9

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DZ
Chips
These are more generic but when looking at tells you should be focused when people showdown their hand because that validates (or invalidates) your thought on the persons tell. I will use these to help when I have a difficult decision. Often player specific tells are just better and as you play more and more with certain players, you just learn their tendencies and what they mean.

Almost everyone at low stakes glances at their chips when they have a made hand and are thinking about betting.

People who look at the flop and look away quickly usually indicative of a strong hand.

Shaky hands indicative of being nervous with a bluff or excited because they have a monster hand. If it’s a new player, often a monster.

Verbal loud checks often indicates weakness.

Double checking cards after a two tone flop often means their hand is not suited. They would remember if their hand was was suited and would not want to draw attention to themselves.

If a player is talking frequently and then starts playing a hand in silence, like his vibe has changed, then that’s pretty indicative of a monster. Some players can’t put together words when they have AA out of nervousness or excitement.

German629

German629

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The "tells" in live Games?!. Hm, fortunately, this question don't care Me at this moment, by one simple cause,
because at the present time I play only online poker... And Further Time Shows!.. That's it!

T

thejuice1

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
as some have already stated, it really is player specific with tells. there isnt any one or two tells everyone does... best advice it to just pay attention to each player at your table for hand and facial gestures, body movement, playing with chips, etc. and see if anything changes over the course of an hour or two and just remember what theyd done previously and what they held... also remember, not everyone you play (in fact more than not) is a good poker player. so you can try and read too much into certain situations if you are doing it with everyone. as a tip for yourself, try and never do anything different. open with the same raise amount whether you have it or not... if you like to shuffle your chips before you bet or fold, do it for the same amount of time every time. consistency in how you play and act is the key in trying to limit tells on yourself.

Four Dogs

Four Dogs

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Bet sizing is a good tell. I checked the turn and river so Why so big?

If they make a bet and seem comfortable or talkative it usually means streangth. Consequently if they freeze up and refuse to look at you it's often a bluff.

Happy legs. Often when someone is exited they're legs shake as if they were bouncing a toddler on their knee. This is real.

The traffic cop wave through. The flop or turn comes some guy in EP (it's always a man) will do that spinny kind of point to the player to his left indicating that he's checking. Get ready to see the check raise. I've seen this a few times. It's, alway some older reg that everyone seems to know.

PokerPlayerAaron1982

PokerPlayerAaron1982

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
US
Chips
Bet patterns, their mood, previous hands shown down, the way they talk, the way they bet, image etc. So many things.

Organize a Home Poker Game Top 10 Games Poker Tells