Skot_Gy

Skot_Gy

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
I tried sometimes to wear sunglasses, cap, hoodie and so on.
While they are good to hide you trom others, i wasn't comfortable cause i was not used to wear them, so i think they harmed more than helped.
So: if you do it from beginning, it can help you. It you're not used to wear this gear, don't try to wear it occasionally cause you will feel uncomfortable and cannot play your A game.

Kenzie 96

Kenzie 96

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I have seen almost, if not all the top pros sitting at the table wearing sunglasses at one time or another. What else do I need to know.

vnnby

vnnby

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
Never played in sunglasses, a priori do not like glasses.

NightStalker

NightStalker

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I don't care. But, yeah, I had played with sunglasses too.

MishkaZL

MishkaZL

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I only play online, so I don't wear glasses. But I think that if I played live I would probably wear glasses.

N

Niykk

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes and no depending on type of game and skill level.

For live cash games, I don't wear sunglasses since I play 2-3 hours against strangers or people I'd seldom meet at the table.

But for live MTTs, that last 8-9 hours, I do wear sunglasses and even a light scarf. This prevents others, I'd meet throughout the tournament, to develop reads on me.

However, if you are a novice poker player, wearing sunglasses wouldn't help you.

Last edited:
hilary antonik filho

hilary antonik filho

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I prefer to wear dark glasses, normally I wear glasses and the lenses reflect the cards, as for making someone embarrassed, I have had opponents using them too

fernandofcp

fernandofcp

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I only play online, but I think I would also wear sunglasses if I played in a face-to-face tournament. Any strategy is welcome to win at poker.

ATL2000

ATL2000

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Sunglasses at the poker table is not for me. To be honest I just felt goofy wearing them, and it didn't seem to effect my play one way or the other.

That being said, it's your choice! Do whatever makes you happy.

D

dannixo

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
just don't wear the kind of sunglasses Kim Kardashian wore when she played poker.

afecho

afecho

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I only play online and I have the WORST poker face while playing. I'm seriously woohooing and fist pumping when I'm excited about a hand. I would fail at real life poker so bad! Maybe I should wear sunglasses while playing online and work on toning down my excitement so I can one day play live poker. You have me thinking now...

018smitty

Enthusiast
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't wear sunglasses in general so there is no way I am wearing them playing poker.

Lipki3

Lipki3

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
Never wore sunglasses at the table. Let opponents look into the eyes. They probably won't see anything there.

KozakAlex

KozakAlex

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
No, I don't play at a live table. I don't even use this product on the street. I don't like. Reduces the view.

balo

balo

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
NO
Chips
I always wear a cap so my eyes are less visible.
Normal sunglasses are difficult to use indoor because of the poor visibility.

black and

black and

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I don't wear glasses. I play online and I don't need glasses. But in general, I do not mind my opponents wearing glasses. Everyone has the right to wear what he likes.

Branimir84

Branimir84

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
HR
Chips
When I played live I never used them. I didn't mind those that did, they were actually very few.

INISHTE

INISHTE

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BO
Chips
Hi Friend.

If I have an eye twitch, when I'm nervous, of course I'd wear them.

dreamer13

dreamer13

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
LV
Chips
Eyes easily betray emotions, for example, a long look at the cards can give away a weak hand. Some players believe that when an opponent bluffs, his pupils dilate. And dark glasses will hide the attentive look with which you study your opponents. Sometimes poker players wear dark glasses just to feel comfortable and safe. But dark glasses have their drawbacks: Dark glasses impair vision, so a player can lose simply because they did not see any card.

mariuspoker1

mariuspoker1

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Wearing sunglasses when you play poker seems to me one of the most stupid thing a player can do when playing live poker even if i understand the reason behind; i mean go to the beach buddy if you want to wear sunglasses not at poker table:D.

Kinalha

Kinalha

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
i use when i play online, because i feel me more badassss

T

theStarfish

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
Because I wear normal glasses and I do not have fitting sunglasses I choose not to wear sunglasses. I actually tried it once and did not like it, so I have like playing without sunglasses.

EmptyHouse

EmptyHouse

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
PL
Chips
Personally, I think sunglasses and anything that can obscure the face should be banned at all poker tables.
Sunglasses players :)cool:) are cheats. ;)

SPANKYSN

SPANKYSN

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Never worn sunglasses at a poker table...an opponent seeing my pupils dilating would be extremely difficult...besides how do you read that? My pupils would dilate if I had the nuts or if I was pulling off a huge bluff...how many casual players would be able to tell the difference?

Pindiez

Pindiez

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I dont wear sunglasses. I think that its not give any advantage 😃