Show vs Muck

F

freeisfun

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Never show your cards in any situation you don't have to. you should always make your opponents pay to see your holdings. Why give your opponents free information .

S

Snake2007

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I never show the cards in a game, maybe only to a player who always aggresses me with all in or raise and in the end I beat him and in a sign make him sneeze showing the cards.

andreypuch

andreypuch

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Once again, by showing your cards, you will give your opponent more information about your game strategy, which poker tries to hide.

You can't be sure that a particular player isn't playing a hand just to find out the specifics of your game. Maybe he didn't get any clear information, and then you opened up and showed him everything for free. Original-it is to show only one card, which would cause the enemy to be confused and confused. In General, you need to show cards only if you have a clear goal, for example, to mislead your opponent, work on your image, influence the psychological state of the opponent, etc.

L

lolshovaments

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I show my cards when they show me the chips.

SightUnseen

SightUnseen

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I muck my cards no matter the situation. Only way you get free information is if you pay. Keep them thinking and let them make bad decisions. In a game of deception have your opponents always thinking and either making bad folds or terrible hero calls with a worse hand.

Sintubai

Sintubai

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
in 95% of these situations i muck cards, but some situations can be fun &/or advantageous know how to take advantage of showing your cards freely. You can create a situation on the table or against a specific player, and it can be an important movement shows " the magic cards"..[emoji57][emoji2960]

C

CCWannabe

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Unless playing with friends I never show. As our friend above says keep them guessing.

Roobz75

Roobz75

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Ifyour a good player, it can be beneficial to show your hand, to hopefully gain in future situations, where your opponent may now play differently against you. But if more of a beginner, you're probably better off mucking. But either way, sometimes showing a monster like a straight flush, is just fun for everyone to see.

So long as there's no slow rolling involved...!!!!:eek::eek::eek:

VGShaa

VGShaa

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In some situation it's good to show your hand before muck a bluff or nuts that works good on your reputation

BustyBusters

BustyBusters

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
One time I was playing in an 1/2 underground game in Austin, had about $700 in my stack and a new reg sat down with max buy in of $500 and just open pushed. I look down at Jack's. I tank and show another reg to my right and fold. Guy I showed starts yelling "YOU FOLDED JACKS? YOU IDIOT!!" Completely killed my action and I was painted a nit in that game. I've never showed since.

Mycetism

Mycetism

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I love showing my bluff, it confuses other player when you have really and create frustration which can lead to bad play from them and they might call your real strong hand.

Nice topic!

Cheers!

D

Dealter1

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Poker

Whassup everyone, I wanna ask everybody, who wanna play poker together such as sit n goes n break 'em down, n make the dough, I will be glad to see your answer😎

L

lewis99

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
gday all....99% of time i do not show...only occasional bluff, just to put that play into that tables minds..lol....

A

Airles17

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
revealing your hand to pass information in your favor is always good, but if it is not for strategy, it ends up becoming bad because the villain will take information from you and use it against you.

M

markmu

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i usually don't have the desire to make the effort to click on show. besides you always have to hurry because you don't have that much time for it

gravac

gravac

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Depends on who and when you want to show your cards and what you want to achieve from that. Maybe is not very smart to reveal your game with strong opponents as they would easily remember your game and use that against you in the next one coming.

S

Superhansi

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
A mix always the best to make them confuse! 😉

Do you show your cards in live poker if you've lost (or if others fold)? I understand muck is best variant cause opponents won't know your bluff but if you have flexible style - is it important? You can show bluff and next same situation you can have slow play. Also I know fun siuations when you show cards because it's epic hand:) What do you think?

O

osvimanCC

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I've only play live 2 times in my life and both of them I've been able to extract a little value of AA, but both times my opponents have folded in the river.

And I just felt rigth to show my hand.

:)

Pokerishard

Pokerishard

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I use sometimes that kind of strategy by showing my cards because some players are getting tilt after they see they got bluffed.

PatValShark

PatValShark

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Only in live poker can showing be of real value I have experienced. And even so the decision to show comes only if you have mastered a DEADPAN, no tell, focus.

I use someones show for info on a tell so I am careful to not do it.

Shrops

Shrops

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Muck

I don't show my cards unless I have to.

perrypip

perrypip

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sometimes when folded to in the big blind preflop I want to show my aces or kings in frustration. Even that can be tell though, i.e. if I repeat that body language with premium hands. Resist the temptation, always.

E

Enimen18

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I almost never show. I feel it's best to keep my hands a mystery as much as possible. Once in a while though, it can play an have an advantage by showing a bluff with the intent of playing the same way when you have your next strong hand. The poster of this thread made a good point though. It's only an advantage to ever show if you are good at changing up your style of play.

As for showing because it was an "epic hand". I find it to be pointless. You know your hand was epic so the joy of it should be good enough for you to know without needing to share it. It doesn't make you more money by showing and actually can give away your tells of how you played that "epic hand".

N

ntf1125

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Muck

I almost never show. I feel it's best to keep my hands a mystery as much as possible. Once in a while though, it can play an have an advantage by showing a bluff with the intent of playing the same way when you have your next strong hand. The poster of this thread made a good point though. It's only an advantage to ever show if you are good at changing up your style of play.

As for showing because it was an "epic hand". I find it to be pointless. You know your hand was epic so the joy of it should be good enough for you to know without needing to share it. It doesn't make you more money by showing and actually can give away your tells of how you played that "epic hand".

I agree with the opinion. Because, I dislike to inform my hand histories & wanna to keep the secrets.