[Question] Home game with a twist

Highsolation

Highsolation

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hey guys, I wanted to ask for your input and opinion on this particular home game with a twist that I went to last week.

Basically, the twist was that besides the normal small and big blinds, the button player has to always put a 5BB straddle, resulting in the button closing action both preflop and postflop.

So, with this new rule the minimum you can limp for preflop is 5BB, and the small blind becomes UTG position preflop and the usual first to act postflop. Effective stack is also 5 times smaller as your regular stack of 100BB becomes 20 times the straddle, so you have a way smaller SPR compared to a regular game. If the game is $1/$2, the button has to always put $10 as a straddle.

I think I should buy in for $1000 instead of the usual $200 to have a more decent stack size of 100x straddle, any counterargument for this?

Does this game make the button a even more profitable position by getting to close the action both preflop and postflop?

Thank you all for your knowledge and input beforehand

R

RedMatrix

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In a normal cash game at the club with a dedicated dealer (at least here in Texas), If you're the real UTG, and the button straddles more than 2BB, then if YOU make a "live" straddle of 2BB, then that invalidates the button straddle, and they have to take it back.

I get pissed when I'm BB and the button straddles every time. I have a small bank roll. Not everyone straddles though. So now I look to sit to their right when ever I can.

Organize a Home Poker Game Top 10 Games