Psychology in poker

Y

YKCaiTLH1314

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Poker is a mind game. Not only you must be able to read your opponent but also learn how to manipulate them.
For example;
During a heads up hand, on the river, when Villain checked to you, you bet 2/3 pot with deep stack effective and so is he. He tanked....
At the moment, you should try to manipulate him to fold since he is thinking. That shows he has a hand with show down value.
You should try telling him :'You can fold or go all in."
Now, in his brain, after receiving your message, you gave him 2 options. Fold or all in. 99% of the time he will not Call this hand and most of the time he will fold to you. This is psychology.

It's like you met a girl and wanted to date her for dinner.
You gave her a call say:' Hi Princess, I bought 2 movie tickets at 9pm. Should i go fetch you at your work at 5pm and we go for dinner before we go for the show, or should i wait for you at the cinema at 8.30pm?"
Chances are she will want you to go fetch her because she don't have time or realize that she can actually reject your invitation. Reason being....you didn't name that option to her.

ChubbySin

ChubbySin

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I rather a more technical way of poker playing, however, is fact you can´t be profitable long term without bluffing, and to bluff well consists in having a good psychology.