Preparing to Play Live Poker

wilmer907907

wilmer907907

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
After reading this article of transition of poker from online to live, I see the amount of things to be taken into account, the concentration, the label to the other players, the manual placement of the former and Blind, being attentive to the bank of time and shifts when playing, the size of the apparel, in short things that I have never had the opportunity to do since I have only played online. thanks for the contribution CC

MrHachiman

MrHachiman

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Good article for people who play online and is still a novice in the world of live game that has so little to do with online. For me, they are completely different games. The live game has a component of 'emotional intelligence' necessary to read your rivals. The online game is more mechanical-mathematical

M

Muzyka1996

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Before playing big tournaments (such as wsop) you need to train for some time at smaller live tournaments

SPANKYSN

SPANKYSN

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
When I play live, it means that I am on vacation, which usually means that I am more mellow. I think that following the tips in the article are quite useful, because you don't want to stick out like a sore thumb and have the word FISH written across your forehead. It can be a little intimidating at first, but I enjoy live poker so much more than online.

Katyushka4

Katyushka4

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I liked the play of words in this article: cold-fold.
If you slow down the game, because you can not see the board, it's time to take off the glasses.
If you force the opponent to show his hand and it turns out that the opponent had the best hand. Expression of your face, when the bank moves to the opponent, will be a priceless gift for him.

Debi

Debi

Forum Admin
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Are you allowed to bring notes to a live tournament? If you are, I would print out these tips and read them before I played every hand :)

Seems like there's a lot of things you need to worry about when playing live rather than online. Betting would be the hardest part for me. I would probably verbally declare every bet just to not make any mistakes. Other players would probably get a read on me though.

You wouldn't need those notes for long - you get used to it all very quickly.

M

Muzyka1996

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Before playing big tournaments (such as WSOP) you need to train for some time at smaller live tournaments
Anyone who never not played a tournament in a live , before should good to prepare. Go and watch a different tournament, make analysys players and their errors. Understand any house rules before you sit down, and for sure understand the structure and the blinds. Bigger rooms have multiple tournaments going on at once , so if that is the case be sure you know which monitor belongs to your tournament

dcproster

dcproster

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
train

Before cash game,i usually training.I play conditional chips.

Organize a Home Poker Game