Omaha live

machinm19

machinm19

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'm playing my first ever live PLO tournament next week and was wondering if any of you guys have any good advice you can pass on? I know the game I play it now and then online but I'm practically a beginner.

takinitSLEAZEE

takinitSLEAZEE

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I've only played a couple of live trnys, one was a mix, and the other was str8 up PLO; I cashed in the first one. I've played and cashed in plenty of online trnys.
If it's a re-entry I'd play a slightly tighter range than I would in a rebuy. hands like :js4::10s4::8d4::7d4: or :as4::ks4::4h4::4d4: are perfect to call with in the BB of the rb's while hands like :as4::ah4::ks4::kh4: and :kd4::qd4::jc4::jh4: are more playable/call worthy out of pos/blinds, imo.
When I'm in position the main thing I do is see how many starting hands I can get out of my 4. So a starting hand like :ah4::9c4::8c4::5h4: can yield possibly 2 straights, 2 possible flushes, 2 possible straight flushes, and an ace high, so quite the equitable starting hand in position. One of my favorite starters is :js4::9s4::7h4::6h4: or :10s4::8s4::6d4::5d4:. They're real nice for busting flopped sets and over pairs. GL in your trny and may the flop be with you. ;)

julio gonzalez

julio gonzalez

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello, all I can tell you is that you play your first hands very carefully to study your rivals and because in Omaha there is a lot of variance. good luck

machinm19

machinm19

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I've only played a couple of live trnys, one was a mix, and the other was str8 up PLO; I cashed in the first one. I've played and cashed in plenty of online trnys.
If it's a re-entry I'd play a slightly tighter range than I would in a rebuy. Hands like :js4::10s4::8d4::7d4: or :as4::ks4::4h4::4d4: are perfect to call with in the BB of the rb's while hands like :as4::ah4::ks4::kh4: and :kd4::qd4::jc4::jh4: are more playable/call worthy out of pos/blinds, imo.
When I'm in position the main thing I do is see how many starting hands I can get out of my 4. So a starting hand like :ah4::9c4::8c4::5h4: can yield possibly 2 straights, 2 possible flushes, 2 possible straight flushes, and an ace high, so quite the equitable starting hand in position. One of my favorite starters is :js4::9s4::7h4::6h4: or :10s4::8s4::6d4::5d4:. They're real nice for busting flopped sets and over pairs. GL in your trny and may the flop be with you. ;)
Thank you so much for this your advice is invaluable, its people like you that make this forum such a great place. I can't wait to put this into practice I will let you know how I do!

thedarkman

thedarkman

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
My best advice would be not to play unless it is for very small stakes. Omaha is a lunatic's game. You can flop top set with the nut flush and not straight draws but get busted out by some clown drawing wildly against pot odds with a total garbage hand.

machinm19

machinm19

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Well I finished 13/70 guys which was unfortunately outside the money places but I had a great time playing Omaha Live. Thanks for the great advice it really helped I can’t wait to go back in a couple of weeks.

O

Omaha_53

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
CA
Chips
My best advice would be not to play unless it is for very small stakes. Omaha is a lunatic's game. You can flop top set with the nut flush and not straight draws but get busted out by some clown drawing wildly against pot odds with a total garbage hand.
lol
This is why Omaha will always be the best way to separate a sucker from his money.
Razz might tilt people more, but Omaha confuses them into oblivion.

hutzpaf

hutzpaf

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In live games, don't 3-bet! The wsop PLO Champion said that he only 3-bet once during the entire tournament.

machinm19

machinm19

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The advice on here is invaluable. I’m going back for another try at Omaha tonight it’s only £60 buy in for the tournament. It feels so great to play against real players. I rarely play anything that is not a freeroll online because of the software, huds solvers, cheats etc that make it possible for any bad player to win and even people with no memory recall at all get it remembered for them. Long live real poker.

Organize a Home Poker Game