Was I cheated?

M

MHurricane

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
The other night i was playing poker at a friends house with.. me (13) my friend (13) and his brothers friends and their brothers (15, 15, 16, 21, 18.) It was only a 5 dollar buy in and second place got $10 and 1st place got $30 or something. When it was down to the last to (me and the 18 year old.) We were about even in chips and then my friends dad came down (it was about 12:00 am) and he said hurry up you guys i want to go to sleep. SO, the kid thats 21 says lets start using two decks. The first round we used that deck I had gotten pocket rockets and i believe he had been giving KJ suited (spades). The flop comes AQQ. He goes all-in. Knowing that I have the best possible hand I call him. Turn card was the 3 of diamonds. And the river was the 10 of spades! Was I cheated? :dontknow:

J

joz84

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
MHurricane said:
The other night i was playing poker at a friends house with.. me (13) my friend (13) and his brothers friends and their brothers (15, 15, 16, 21, 18.) It was only a 5 dollar buy in and second place got $10 and 1st place got $30 or something. When it was down to the last to (me and the 18 year old.) We were about even in chips and then my friends dad came down (it was about 12:00 am) and he said hurry up you guys i want to go to sleep. SO, the kid thats 21 says lets start using two decks. The first round we used that deck I had gotten pocket rockets and i believe he had been giving KJ suited (spades). The flop comes AQQ. He goes all-in. Knowing that I have the best possible hand I call him. Turn card was the 3 of diamonds. And the river was the 10 of spades! Was I cheated? :dontknow:
you most likely were, the odds in a head up battle to come down to poket rockets and K J suited are very slim. The odds of you both hitting the flop perfectly are unreal as well, you lost 20 that should be yours.

you most likely were, the odds in a head up battle to come down to poket rockets and K J suited are very slim. The odds of you both hitting the flop perfectly are unreal as well, you lost 20 that should be yours.

Last edited:
M

MHurricane

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Too bad I'll probably never see this guy again

S

StackThemUp

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't understand the problem. You said you had AA and he had K J. You made a full boat and he only made a nut straight. Full boat beats a straight!
The only explanation i can think of is that he hit a royal flush? Although you didn't mention this. I'm confused.
John

floggedmeat

floggedmeat

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
u dont play poker with two decks its screws up the odds. how do five aces rank. to many weird outcome possible i wouldnt reccomend playin with to decks to any one. u werent cheated but next time u should speak up and tell those kooks how the game is played its not black jack

was the flop suited to his hand if not u shoulda won boat beats a straight

Last edited:
smd173

smd173

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
floggedmeat said:
u dont play poker with two decks its screws up the odds. how do five aces rank. to many weird outcome possible i wouldnt reccomend playin with to decks to any one. u werent cheated but next time u should speak up and tell those kooks how the game is played its not black jack

was the flop suited to his hand if not u shoulda won boat beats a straight
Not two decks at the same time. You play with one, while someone else shuffles the other, you finish the hand, and switch. But you are likely to have someone pull a fast one on you in that situation, because you are following the action and not really watching the shuffle on the other deck.

That's why, even in heads up, you should almost always cut the deck.

C

chicubs1616

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't understand the problem. You said you had AA and he had K J. You made a full boat and he only made a nut straight. Full boat beats a straight!
The only explanation i can think of is that he hit a royal flush? Although you didn't mention this. I'm confused.
The hand was rigged either way...and you only lose if he has a royal flush...at this point I would point out the deck was rigged and then ask to chop the 1st place prize 20-20 (if chips are anywhere near even) and just go home.

M

MHurricane

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah he had a royal flush. I must not have mentioned it because i had sent it before but my internet stopped working when i sent it so i had to type it over.

Crippler450

Crippler450

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
chicubs1616 said:
The hand was rigged either way...and you only lose if he has a royal flush...at this point I would point out the deck was rigged and then ask to chop the 1st place prize 20-20 (if chips are anywhere near even) and just go home.
He is only 13 and the other guy was 18...i dont see the other guy splitting the prize anytime soon.

Just dont ever deal with these guys again. They did cheat you. They are douchebags and will most likely end up in jail at some point in the future. You lost $20 that you may or may not have won anyways. Chalk it up as a lesson to cut the deck every time. $20 is nothing in the long run and its well worth it for the lesson.

Take solice in the fact that they are trash and you are better than them ;)

Dorkus Malorkus

Dorkus Malorkus

HELLO INTERNET
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
lmao, if they're gonna cheat you you'd think they'd at least make it less obvious.

dude

dude

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
at least you won 5 bucks for ending 2nd... :)

I say always look things at the bright side

buckster436

buckster436

Cardschat Hall of Famer - RIP Buck
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
MHurricane said:
Yeah he had a royal flush. I must not have mentioned it because i had sent it before but my internet stopped working when i sent it so i had to type it over.
If he had the royal flush then he wins,if not you got screwed,but look on the brite side,you learned a valueable lesson.
buckster:confused:

jeterkid925

jeterkid925

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
That made me chuckle,

at my home games, if somegets caught cheating, they have to give all the players a chip.

J

Jackfivex

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
We faced a problem with a husband and wife cheating at their house. They were always winning using signals to each other to go all in and usually two of them would remain with one of them coming in first.
Poker is a skill but its difficult to play a strategy when pots are raised high and frequently.
Needless to say they are playing poker alone these days.

R

ReKoP

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
This is a prime reason why people need to play vs people they trust that wont have a fit if they lose 20$ bucks on the night.

People who cheat have no love for the game, no respect for you/ or themselves and lack any moral standards.

Avoid these people

Crippler450

Crippler450

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
jeterkid925 said:
That made me chuckle,

at my home games, if somegets caught cheating, they have to give all the players a chip.
Wow, thats an extremely stupid rule. You let them cheat away and win tons of chip...then when they are caught they pay each person one back? Wow, I would always cheat if I was playing in your game.

B

bigbar

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
that's a great story and a VERY cheap price for lesson #1

when it comes to cards... Trust Nobody

M

MHurricane

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
badpoker said:
I would most definately say that the deck was stacked, did anyone cut the deck?? If so who cut it??
I don't know if anyone did. Because while we were playing i guess they were stacking that deck.

but yeah i probably wont play with them again anyways.

G

grimjack808

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Amarillo Slim on Cheating

In his book, Amarillo Slim talks about cheating. He was on the road with Doyle Brunson and a few others. In those days they played in a lot of 'home games' lke you did.

He basicly says that the mark of a good poker player is knowing when you are being cheated and taking steps to win anyway.

He talks about one place where he played and like the movie Lock Stock and Two Smoking Barrels (See it if you haven't) someone was obviously looking at their cards. So what did Amarillo and Doyle do? They opened umbrellas and played under them.

Its interesting that they didn't pick a fight, yell, cuss etc. They never even accused anyone of cheating. These things would have gotten them shot. But the umbrella thing was so unexpected, what could the host do?

Unfortunatly all poker players get cheated at some point in their lives. The fun, I believe is figuring out when you have been had and not having any more of it...or like setting a trap for an overasggressive opponant at the table, do the same and reel them in one night once you figure out what is going on and a way to beat them...

Good luck

J

Jon_UK

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
jeterkid925 said:

At my home games, if someone gets caught cheating, we kick the s**t out of them, take all their money, spit on them and don't speak to them again.

PainKilla

PainKilla

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Itds not poker when you play with two decks!!! I would never agree to playing poker with two decks... I guess at least you got your 5 bucks back plus 5 so its not a loss. Hope this helps in the future. Poker is a one deck game no matter what.