Chips
All action preflop.

P1 shortstack allin for 70k
P2 allin has P1 covered for 150k
P3 calls P2 ( has 500 behind)
P4 moves allin for 400k

Now P1 showes AA before flop is dealt.

P3 yet to act ....

P3 is the only player who can make a decission with this extra info.

This is clearly an unfair advantage vs P4 but there is no rule restricting anything here?

Is there even a solution to give players even chances advantage wise?

Cant find a clear answer anywhere

takinitSLEAZEE

takinitSLEAZEE

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Hey man, that sux. Crap like that does happen, unfortunately. I believe the ruling will be per usual only the AA will be exposed face up. Players continue and make their decision, I think. Around here if the aces were to hold up that player will get a penalty and have to sit out the next hand.

SpanRmonka

SpanRmonka

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I think its all about thought process here. So someone acted out of turn, its not really an unfair advantage as such, its just a mistake on Player 1's part.

I have to be honest, facing 3 all in shoves, then player 3 should likely fold anyway, unless they have KK or AA, probs only AA depending on game situation. Assuming you were player 4 here. Actually you all had the same options. As you all got to make a decision based on the same info. The only difference is you elected to shove, and player 3 elected to call, and only because of this did he gain more info than you.

What did you have out of interest? From the way this is presented it sounds like a shove was rash. My other thought is, based on the fact you don't have AA, then surely you prefer player 3 to have more info and therefore to fold, as he is the only 1 who can bust you? Unless you have KK and were hoping for a big side pot against his presumably weaker holding?

D

DeJos

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
BE
Chips
Forgot to mention this is an mtt 1 third remaining.

P2 was on tilt. In fact he had 23o.
P3 could be trapping but is not the player to do so. He should almost always fold.

I get 3.5:1 if he does.

I had 88. Not saying it was the best move but for your curiosity 😀

P4 had an optimistic suited J9

Rly highlevel game indeed. 😀

D

DeJos

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
BE
Chips
But the key question is the ruling that possibly restrics play here. I guess there isnt one.

As for P4 he had to call off 150+250.
AA revealed made him decide he got the odds in the side pot... his words

I got to see the AA after my shove. So only P4 got that info

Pokerpoet2

Pokerpoet2

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Effectively player one who revealed his cards has nothing else to do with the side action, you can assume you are going to lose against his bigger pair but to be honest the 3 players that are left are all playing for the side pots. and as player 2 is also all-in it is down to player 3 to decide to call for the extra chips which would form a third side pot.
He has nothing to fear from the first two players because their action is over with, all he is playing for now is the extra chips from player 4 whose cards I assume are still face down.
We all know Pocket Aces can be beaten, and the only information that would help in him deciding whether to call or fold is that he could assume player 4 is also playing an Ace/? in which case there would be only one Ace left in the deck.
Being a TD in that situation I would give the two remaining players an option of player 4 taking the extra chips back and playing the hand out as normal checking it down to the River or asking Player 3 if he intended to call the all-in from player 4. The exposed cards would really have no bearing in the matter because he is now only concerned with what player 4 has.
As to information gained does this really effect him deciding on whether to call or fold against player 4? I don't think it would, he is not playing against the other two players now as the action is between the last two players.
Personally I would naturally assume Player 1 or 2 would be playing a huge pair so seeing the Aces exposed wouldn't surprise me and if I thought player 4 also had AA then I could then assume neither player could win at showdown unless one of them made a flush. as you said player 4 had an optimistic J/9 so to be honest the revealed cards had no bearing on his cards, if he did have the same hand as player1 then there would be a problem.
In good sportsmanship I would have liked to see the remaining 2 players to let the Poker gods decide and check it down to the River both of them keeping the extra chips in their stacks.
It is a difficult situation but depending on how player 1 has played throughout the game, it could be a warning not to do it again or a forced sit out for a full rotation of the button, sitting out for one hand really has little effect on a player unless he is losing blinds and antes.

I hope it was sorted out amicably, and did not ruin the game.

Luvepoker

Luvepoker

Lost in the twilight zone
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Hard to say what can or should be done here to the player who exposed his hand. It does give player 3 a nice advantage to help in his decision but that's not his fault. The question is what type of player was player 1? If he had not done this in the past is was more likely just a excited mistake, he made. If he had a history and had been warned, they he has a problem. I think at one point in all our poker playing we all have made this mistake or played out of turn as some point. It is a human trait to make a mistake and that is probably what this was. I do believe he should get a warning at the least here but unless this is a pattern this would be all. If he has been warned in the past, then a 1 round penalty would be fair, but this would be my opinion.

D

DeJos

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
BE
Chips
Thx for replying.
P1 did not show intentionally.
I did not make a big deal out of it and just let the hand play out. Friendly game 😉

Was just curious what a ruling could have been like.

Rolling back the last bet and just checking it down seems the most honest to me indeed.

johnnylawford

johnnylawford

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Thx for replying.
P1 did not show intentionally.
I did not make a big deal out of it and just let the hand play out. Friendly game 😉

Was just curious what a ruling could have been like.

Rolling back the last bet and just checking it down seems the most honest to me indeed.
I don't think there is ever a change to the action in progress -it would be like a player's hole cards getting exposed as they're folding a hand post flop. All the dealer/floor can do is issue a penalty to P1 if/when they win the hand, though I think floor would just issue a warning unless P1 had been issued a warning for similar action in the past.

Herkstwin

Herkstwin

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
"Was just curious what a ruling could have been like."
Exposed cards are most often just a mistake. The remaining players can obviously use that info to their advantage.

"Rolling back the last bet and just checking it down seems the most honest to me indeed."
There is no going back.
I play with a guy who is prone to turning over his two hole cards after betting is finished - ON THE TURN.
The ruling is always - just move forward, knowing full well what your up against. It happened just two days ago - and the remaining opponent realized he was beat and folded.
People make mistakes. In our home game, with an average player age of 75 (78 if the young guy is not there), we make enough mistakes in an evening to keep a poker room manager lose all their hair.