Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
It's doable.
Remember Greg Mersons WSOP win ? He was down to 2bb on day 2 or 3
I had a massive poker break, so unfortunately not, but wow, that is a comeback and a half!

G0930

G0930

Captain Fathermucker, Satty Aficionado
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
AT
Chips
I had a massive poker break, so unfortunately not, but wow, that is a comeback and a half!
I see but it's been a decade ago already :D
Was very impressive

SpanRmonka

SpanRmonka

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I see but it's been a decade ago already :D
Was very impressive
In that case it probably more like my memory is shocking!! Haha

Seems like Eric Afriat is the biggest name at his table. He's the short stack. I think there were 3 other platinum pass winners too!

dallam

dallam

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Unbelievable success no matter what, but I really wish your name appear in the money among all these professionals!
1 or 2 good actions can easily ship it to our way, and as the whole CC is behind you, it need to be happen. Agreed what others said, just saw an FT few days later when a guy won the whole MTT going back from 2bbs. Make it happen Chris, enjoy the third day. :)

Andyreas

Andyreas

Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
Congratulations, Chris.

You're doing great and I hope you have an amazing experience. 👍

Just wait for that double up. With 118k chips, you're very close to ITM. 🤩🍀🎉🤞

mj22

mj22

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CY
Chips
Chris although we cant see you playing but we are sure you are doing great. Just by making to day 3 confirms it, and you feel confident!

Goodluck, its an important day, great spot, and amazing experience.

Still waiting for the field to narrow down so we can see your more often on stream and feature tables!

CRStals

CRStals

Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi CC Fam!! Sorry for the lack of updates yesterday - it was a short day with shorter breaks and no dinner but I'll post my updates here:

Opened day 2 with 42k and had a reasonably quiet 6 hours. I never got into trouble really until I ended up all in Q9 v KQ but sucked out a 9 on the flop and held to eliminate Paul Dewald. From then I shoved and didn't get called enough to chip up to 59k.

Good points of the day
- Other than the one all-in I never went below 42k and was able to increase my chip stack
- Got to play 3ish hours with Dan Smith who sat down at the start of level 4 and I watched him bleed chips for 3 hours and get tilted.
- Got to play 45mins with Jeremy Ausmus who sat down with heaps of chips and did very little (oddly enough)
- Got face time on the stream. We were table 1 and when they showed the secondary feature table you can see me in the background
- Met some more awesome people who were a blast to play poker with. "RichyRob" is a character and a super nice guy and was a joy to play against. Dinesh Alt was really personable at times and a pleasure to chat with. Paul (the guy I busted) was a real interesting one and we chatted off and on until I busted him. And then at the end of the day Elizabeth Bennett sat down from Toronto and it was cool to have a fellow Canuck at the table
- My table draw for day 3 is soft compared to most. I have only one known player at the table and he is shorter than I am. We don't have a ton of chips compared to the field, but, I should have a chance to gain chips quickly today.

Bad Points
- I found very few cards outside of my shoves to get chips and never was put to the test other than my one all in call. I was bummed I didn't bag over 100k but thankful to have a bag regardless
- Once the pros entered the table the game changed dramatically as Dan went to war with Christopher Puiz who sat to my immediate left and became table captain quite quickly. It became next to impossible to find a spot knowing a big stack was on my left and would call almost anything
- I need a double up early today or it'll be a short day

Overall this entire experience has been out of this world. I came in with the dream to cash and the expectation to bag to day 2; bagging to day 3 and seeing the bubble in sight is going to make for a very interesting and amazing day regardless of what happens.

Andyreas

Andyreas

Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
Great to read an update of you, Chris. 😍

I'm glad you are having a wonderful experience because that's the most important!

And no need to apologise for the lack of updates. No need to be on the phone all the time and missing out on the experience!

Great news that your table will be probably soft. I hope you get a beautiful hand for a double up early in the day. 🍀

Get that big prize money. 😁

Kenzie 96

Kenzie 96

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
No surprise that you are handling the opportunity well but congrats anyway. Enjoying following this an apprecriate your analysis, wishing you much luck today.

Mortis

Mortis

The Saurus
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Good to see Chris is still in it! Someone on the Twitch stream chat was asking if he still was in it yesterday, but nobody had an answer.

Andyreas

Andyreas

Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
Aww, looks like Chris busted. 😢

Position 253.

But still an amazing result making it to day 3. 🎉

And there are still some events ahead, right?

Joe

Joe

99.98% Kiln dried
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Wish it weren’t so! 😩

Gutted for you pal - phenomenal effort and showing making day three for sure, done us proud! 😊❤️

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
ugh! Just started watching the stream and they showed Chris just after he was KO'd. Sooooo wanted you to go super deep in this!

You've already won though Chris... just going there was a win!

CRStals

CRStals

Total posts
Awards
Chips
It is so... I was able to get chips the first ten hands and up to 73k when I found AQdd and shoved 12BB. The Big blind (table chip leader) called off with K3ss and the board ran out Qs5d5hJsAs to river the nut flush.

Oddly enough, I'm disappointed but happy with how I played and proud to make it this deep. I think I finishes 247 out of 1014 in a $25k...not too shabby for an amateur :)

G0930

G0930

Captain Fathermucker, Satty Aficionado
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
AT
Chips
It is so... I was able to get chips the first ten hands and up to 73k when I found AQdd and shoved 12BB. The Big blind (table chip leader) called off with K3ss and the board ran out Qs5d5hJsAs to river the nut flush.

Oddly enough, I'm disappointed but happy with how I played and proud to make it this deep. I think I finishes 247 out of 1014 in a $25k...not too shabby for an amateur :)
damn how unlucky..
regardless happy for you that you had this awesome expierence.
Also even reaching 3rd day with all these big names there is terrific! well done my captain :D

Shells

Shells

Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Fantastic run, Chris! Even though you missed the money, we are all very proud of you!

Andyreas

Andyreas

Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
I think I understand what you mean, Chris. It's always a tad of a sad feeling to loose an all-in with the better hand and busting so close to the money. But that's all you can ask for to get stacked off with nearly 65% favourite.

From which position did you jam and how much chips did he have to make the call with K3s? Quite a loose move. 🙊

And the runout of the board was also super unlucky. First giving you a pair and you're 85% favourite and then he gets a runner runner flush. 😢

But you can definitely be proud of yourself. You outlived quite a few pros!

Wish you a bit more luck in the remaining events. 🍀