Your best advice

kraemer

kraemer

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My best advice is to learn about pot control. Learn to lose a little and win a lot.

tauri103

tauri103

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
in two words rigor and discipline and especially never surrender and give in to the tilt even if you have 10 chips left at the end of the game.

F

feisas7991

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Advice - try different lines, see how people react to different hand. takes a lot of sample, however over time you will start seeing patterns in people's ranges and sizings.

C

CallmeFloppy

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Don't chase your losses with poor hands thinking you are "due"

poker_bro

poker_bro

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
At this moment, the best advice for me is to know my personality type, what are my strengths and weaknesses. I can't follow the coach who is addicted to run some crazy and complex mathematical hand analysis because I am very at math. I have to find a coach who has a similar personality than me and focus on to use my strengths in any area of my life.

J

JPainTrainSicko

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
" You don't have to always raise there, there are many ways to play a hand, stack, position, board, opponent... Mix it up"

SAKhur

SAKhur

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The most profitable button is Fold. Always look for an excuse to lose a hand. Let you five times to lose a weak hand, even suspecting that the opponent is bluffing, but the sixth will get a strong and pay off everything with a vengeance.:damnmate:

German629

German629

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
My best advice: play in the poker ( and not only in poker) only on own money, and then the all will good! Ohe hundred percent. ;)

Jon Poker

Jon Poker

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Best advice I can give - helped my game alot.

Always concentrate on getting your money in good. Sometimes the river just isn't going to be your friend. Once in a while your opponents miracle card is going to come through for them.

But...

If you find yourself always betting/getting it all in when you are a good favorite...you will win in the long run. This is the entire point of the game, to put it in while you have the best of it.

oneybiggs

oneybiggs

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Mindset is everything,I often make a mistake after straying from what I have already decided is the best strategy at that point of the game,so many ITMs in the hand been thrown away...and foldin is golden and I repeat FOLDIN IS GOLDEN,that's the truth...gl all.

venycyos

venycyos

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Advice for me:

Pay only all-in with the top of its range.

barbados

barbados

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
The most important thing is to be sure of the correctness of your own actions. And then success is inevitable.

IntenseHeat

IntenseHeat

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
My first few good pieces of poker advice came from my father when I was seven or eight years old. They were simple, almost common sense pieces of advice like "You don't have to play every single hand. You can always thrown bad hands away." He told me that no matter what the game is, stud, draw, hold 'em, the better the cards you start with, the better chance you have to win the hand in the end. He also taught me to play aggressively, to put pressure on the other players and let them know not to expect to see the whole hand for free.

But I did get one rather good piece of advice from Erick Lindgren. I was watching one of his videos in which he reviewed several hands. I don't remember most of what he talked about, but one thing he said stuck in my head. "Always give your opponent a chance to bluff at it." The next time I was playing, I was in a hand. I raised pre-flop and connected on the flop and led out. I got even stronger on the turn, but there were a couple of draws out there, so I continued to bet. When none of the draws got there on the turn, I recalled what I had heard Erick Lindgren say, "Always give them a chance to bluff at it". I was confident that I was holding the best hand and assumed that my opponents would fold if I bet the river. But if I checked, my opponent would surely assume that, with his busted draw, his only chance of winning the hand would be to bluff at it. So I checked and he over bet the pot. I snap called his bluff and took down a rather nice pot. I have been employing that little piece of advice ever since. And because so many players have a tendency to get carried away and instead of making a reasonable sized bluff that might look like a value bet, they tend to bluff their whole stack, some of the biggest pots that I've won have been won utilizing that one little piece of advice.

G

GrannySmit77

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Don't expect poker to be profitable at the beginning. There's a learning curve. Make sure you have a job and steady income to support your poker passion.

CptRunBad

CptRunBad

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Know your opponent. Do not play the same hand the same way against the same people. Adjust your game according to your opponent.

S

SubZero111

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Don't gamble...haha

Poker is 1/3 Luck, 1/3 skill and 1/3 attitiude