Can you still learn poker at older age ?

MURDACK

MURDACK

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think you can.
Poker is a simple game... Is more like if you are a good fit or not for the game

Luvepoker

Luvepoker

Lost in the twilight zone
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
It really would not make any difference how old you are. Anyone can learn this game. How good you become Depends on how much work you put into the game.

Michel_11

Michel_11

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
In my opinion, obviously, the younger the better to learn. Certainly a young person will also have an easier time playing at several tables at the same time, playing for hours without feeling tired.

But for sure everything is possible, although the youngest has advantages, I think that an older person can become a good player, he only needs to have more dedication and effort.

S

samuri

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
poker

I am over 60 and still learning. So yes you never stop learning.

nimburkx

nimburkx

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
it depends on which age ?)) i guess if you have a desire to learn you will get it if u want it

MikeCarasone

MikeCarasone

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The beauty of poker is it can be learned and played at any age and by anyone who has a desire to learn. Poker is game that can be played at high levels by anyone who puts the effort to succeed in. Obv some may have more raw ability and innate abilities from the start but mostly anyone can develop skills.

zorro222_zorro222

zorro222_zorro222

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
hell yeah you can still learn when you're older, poker is always evolving imo and you shouldn't ever get to a point where you can't learn anymore...

Miguelpaniura0893

Miguelpaniura0893

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you can do it it is a very simple game, if you dedicate time and study to it you can be a professional playing, for my part I play it for hoobie

steveeeee

steveeeee

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I agree with the others that say we never quit learning , Its a game of numbers and luck or luck and numbers ,the thing is any 2 cards can win but you have the game makers the nuts as they say gla

luckyhenri

luckyhenri

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The learning curve playing poker is endless, it's such a complex game involving so many different mental and strategical factors.

perrypip

perrypip

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes you can at any age as long as your mind is still sharp.

hubcio96

hubcio96

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I figure the time to quit learning is at the age when you can't "get it up" anymore. As long as I can wipe my own but and make it to the bathroom on time, learn as much as you can. :)

B

bakang

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You better learn that the companies who do small stakes games off shore are there to rob you imo. One site, let's call them "cheat on line" rewards A7 at about an 80 percent rate vs 99-JJ, so be careful.

ghitocarcia

ghitocarcia

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
PE
Chips
I think that depends ... on the desire that one puts it, it is true that it may be more difficult to assimilate strategies and in general, but I do not think it is impossible.

el_soma77

el_soma77

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
:cool: ALMOST NO, I PREFER TO PLAY TO SPORTS BETTING.

Misaki

Misaki

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
of course you can but process can be longer and you will have your own limits. Probably you won't be an elite player, but still you can make decent money by playing poker

K

kanycta99

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
It's never too late to learn. You can hardly play 10 tables, but 1 or 2 tables is fine.

pribalt49

pribalt49

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
poker can be played at any age from 12 to 80 years old

P

Poeffy

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes of course. I also learned it after my fiftieth birthday.