Can you still learn poker at older age ?

CAC1QU3

CAC1QU3

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Poker in that case is like chess: Never too late to learn it, but Poker is much more easier to learn and to climb up the levels (compare to chess).

Pokerishard

Pokerishard

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Offcourse you can......Always we can learn and get better....Poker have no limit of ages...Doyle.B is an amazing example.

FernA9ndo

FernA9ndo

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Off course you can learn at any age.

F

Fernet

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Of course

yes, of course, you have to dedicate a lot of study time to him, since he is younger he is better because of time, energy, everything. but obviously you can learn, I hope you do very well, regards!

besplatnee

besplatnee

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The oldest champion was Paul McKinney, who received the bracelet in his ninth decade.

Check yourself!

S

Sccrply

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Any age

I think anyone can learn anything at any age. All you need is the desire to learn and place in the proper effort. Who says you can't teach an old dog new tricks?

AizenFalck

AizenFalck

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think that it is rather the best age and the best time to play, you have time to learn, read about poker, whole books if you like a good read, you have time to practice freerolls and since you are retired you will enjoy watching tournaments without be thinking that you have to go do something, quick advice, enjoy poker to the fullest and you will see that apart from being a great game you can win some money if you learn to be patient and play it calmly. Regards and successes.

German629

German629

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello, Everyone! By my opinion, anything to learn in any age...:cool: Therefore, I think,
Poker is not exception...:smile: Main, that Brains were in working condition. :rolleyes:;):)

uri73796

uri73796

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
All ages are submissive to poker.

Geksan_87

Geksan_87

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
of course, poker is a game that can be mastered at any age

R

Rabberto71

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
I think you can learn poker at any age & even more so at an older age as with age comes wisdom which can be a massive factor in any poker game��

SillentHunterZ

SillentHunterZ

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes you can, if fact it can also be good for your brain to stay active,.

kley126

kley126

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
welcome to this beautiful sport is never late even with dedication and patience you can be one of the best much luck my brother

manzanillo53

manzanillo53

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
No you can not, I am 68 and and I still suck at poker.
Why would age make a difference at learning anything. If you want to learn just do it. If you can not learn now, chances are you could never learn. So get out there and join us, have some fun. pokerstars is a good place to start.

C

casique31

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I've been playing for a few years, I also started when I was older, it takes a lot of time and dedication but it's worth it. It is never too late to learn and there are many examples of older people who finished a career such as law, medicine and other professions. I don't think poker is more difficult. With the time that you will have once you retire, you can put yourself in the position of being a good poker player.

K

korbal29

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Even at older you still get the same bad beats but you are not as mad as before because you have seen it all

Baldy86

Baldy86

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i dont see a reason why not as long as you dont suffer from big health problems (especially mentally) from old age

RagNar87

RagNar87

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
why not? not so much knowledge u need to play poker , learn the basics , and the rest will come with time

P

Pokerman32750

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think so but in No Limit Texas Hold Em it takes that instinct that only decade after decade of playing so much that you will become Champion

SharKyg1n

SharKyg1n

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm approaching retirement and I'm looking for a new hobby. So started from zero couple weeks ago in learning pokerskills. I'm curious if it's still possible to learn the game.
Any comments ?
I don't see a problem, great hobby :icon_bigs

J

jeffubel

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes, you can!

Nunca é tarde para aprender!

manuela2910

manuela2910

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'm approaching retirement and I'm looking for a new hobby. So started from zero couple weeks ago in learning pokerskills. I'm curious if it's still possible to learn the game.
Any comments ?

Yes you can still learn the game!

el_soma77

el_soma77

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
:cool: Yes of course, it is always good to learn no matter what age it is, the important thing in life is to learn, and poker has no age limits, as long as you are of legal age.

GRIN281289

GRIN281289

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You can learn to play poker at any age, the most necessary and main quality that you should have is calmness.

AdonisPimenta

AdonisPimenta

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Of course I believe that you can do it, It is just a matter of time but you can get there like everyone else