You have KK and the flop comes AS! What's your action?

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
My recommendation to the original poster would be to provide much more information so that we can give a more detailed response:
Completely agree with this. OP would get much better feedback, if he shared the actual hand history in "tournament hand analysis" or "cash game hand analysis". As shared here its more of a vent like "OMG whenever I have KK and get action, there is always an A on the flop". Which sucks but at the end of the day its still poker and not particularly different from having KJ on a AK4 rainbow board.

CNXRegie

CNXRegie

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
PH
Chips
As a newbie player who is a little passive, I would consider checking on the flop rather than making a continuation bet. This cautious approach allows me to gather more information about my opponents' potential hands and assess their reactions.

By checking, I can see how my opponents respond. If they check behind me, it may indicate that they don't have a strong hand either. However, if one of them bets, it could suggest that they have an Ace or a stronger hand, and I might consider folding my pocket kings to avoid further potential losses. Disciplined fold.

Atararo14

Atararo14

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips
In this case, you have to try to do a range reading of your opponents to guess if there is a probability that they have an A or not.

In any case, you can raise small to see their reaction. If they call or 3-bet, then the probability that one of them has an A is high.

Good luck !

Garik777

Garik777

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
UA
Chips
I will make a bet to understand if there are still aces in the hand

ElScorcho008

ElScorcho008

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Small bet to see what they will do, fold to any large raises. Good chance one of them has an A

G

Goalie35

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
CA
Chips
I think it depends on your opponents and your position. In most cases, I would go with 1/3 pot bet. If you are raised you are probably beat and should fold.

rabman50

rabman50

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The first thing to do is to assess the type of players your opponents are. Understanding the range of hands they would call an early position open with. Keep in mind that your opponents will have many more hands in their range without an A. I would bet small 1/4 - 1/3 pot. You may get two folds and go on with your life. If one or both call it still doesn't mean that there is an A in their hand. This is a tough spot as the out of position player because it is much harder to pot control. You want to keep the pot small and try to get to a cheap showdown when your continuation bet is called.

R

rachelle2291

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I assume you raised preflop. Against 2 players I think the correct action is to check because two players called your preflop raise and there is a real good chance at least one of them has an ace. If the next person to act after you makes a decent size bet I would fold since he is unlikely to be bluffing. If the last person to act bets I would be more inclined to call since there is a higher chance this person is trying to steal the pot.