You have KK and the flop comes AS! What's your action?

Canaldo Kao

Canaldo Kao

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
You are the first to take action. is against two other players, 3x with KK and on the FLOP:

:as4::4h4::9d4:

puzzlefish

puzzlefish

student of the donk arts
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
It isn't always going to be the same, depending on MTT or cash, stacks, stats, action on flop (were we first to act preflop or on flop?) etc. If you check you will be bet off the pot. Smaller cbet is probably the way to go.

Igor G

Igor G

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
You are the first to take action. is against two other players, 3x with KK and on the FLOP:

My decision will depend on who my opponents are, what the format of the tournament is, what my stack size is, and what my opponents stack size is. Many factors need to be taken into account. In general, in such a situation, I will play quite aggressively.

nameless

nameless

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
I would check or small bet to control pot after agression u should fold is a rainbow board so if someone call he have high chances of having an ace and if u want to him fold an ace u have to triple barrel but if he hit doubles or had a set there u can lose lot of chips

georgi krastev

georgi krastev

Legendary Donk-Fish
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BG
Chips
You are the first to take action.
This is tricky: (There is no info for the turn and river (actions on the flop also), i applye scenario only for the flop (first move) with a few exceptions)

1) I'm first... I could bluff - (all three streets...(big bets)... bam-bam-bam (it's so sick)...) :LOL:

2) I'm first... i will bet small...

3) I'm first... I check...

From this all 3 scenarios i choose a (3) for playing.
is against two other players,
There is two(?!) more(!?) players(!?), oh... probably there is a some junk Ax... It also matters what kind(!) of players are…
3x with KK and on the FLOP:
Nice open with 3x...
The flop is dream for KK's - just perfect, no, excellent... :rolleyes:

dzsire

dzsire

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
HU
Chips
Must be raised, the player's reaction can quickly reveal whether he has an A or not. I've done this many times, when I raise and he fold, he obviously has no A, but if call or raise, then he has something (not sure an A, he has may 99 or 44 or straight draw in his hand).

Mauricio Perrotta

Mauricio Perrotta

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
Bet something and see if they don't shoot a missile at you on the other side.

takinitSLEAZEE

takinitSLEAZEE

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips

Since we're (you) are first to act we're either in the blind or these are late-pos callers, so I assume you bet first pf and got 2 callers? If so, I would go ahead and lead out a decent feeler bet of almost a 1/3 of the pot. A weak ace might have called pf but so would a small pair. If either one did hit the flop, you should know by a call and/or raise. Tough spot w/2 other players on an iffy flop. Yeah, a feeler bet should let you know where you stand. Hope this helps. GL man. :whistle:

dreamer13

dreamer13

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
LV
Chips
If the opponent raises, I fold the card, why take an unjustified risk.

maxivega

maxivega

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I make a raise and if the bet comes back I fold. I want to at least see the turn.

Mortis

Mortis

The Saurus
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Assuming you raised pre-flop and didn't just limp with KK, and got 2 callers: c-bet.

Luca Santos

Luca Santos

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Sem mais informações, qualquer avaliação é always vague. Posições, stacks and situação de jogo.

lifecoach22

lifecoach22

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
If we are in the hand 1 on 1 then bet a third of the pot if it is a multipot then check

Gallarado777

Gallarado777

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
If I take KK first in my hand and there is a card on the table that hits me, I'll just check and see what the other 2 players will do because they also entered the flop with something and after their decision they will need to make a decision because one of them may have A and you won't be able to knock him out

ADRI7HO

ADRI7HO

On the road...
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
What I do also depends on how the opponents have played so far.
If I was the initial raiser cbet between 1/3 and 2/3 of the pot, I always vary and adjust my further play to the reaction of my opponents.

C

Cooking

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Against two other players there's a high chance of some of the players have an ace, so, I would definitely play in a conservative way.

Alex Sentsov

Alex Sentsov

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
active actions on the flop ... on the next street - according to the situation)

christovam

christovam

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Me being the first to speak and having the action I c-bet. But depending on the reaction I give up the action, because probably one of the two can have aces.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
KK on A94 rainbow is a way ahead way behind situation. Either you are way behind and drawing to two outs. Or you are way ahead, and the opponents are drawing very thin. Out of position against two players you have to check and evaluate. Depending on the action, it might be a fold already on the flop. That will typically be the case, if the player next to act bet a substantial amount, and the other guy call. If the next guy check, and the player last to act bet, you typically need to peel off at least one street. But there is no point in betting this hand out of position at any point. The goal is to get to a cheap showdown, and if that is not possible, you just fold and move on to the next hand.

A

alabos

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Probably i will check and see what my opponebt will do....its ao dangerous too bet hard

Matt_Burns88

Matt_Burns88

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
My simplistic answer is check. Generally when we're out of position, we do a lot more checking compared to if we're in position, even when we're the pre-flop aggressor. This is even more true when we're facing two opponents.

My recommendation to the original poster would be to provide much more information so that we can give a more detailed response:

Tournament or cash?
Buy-in?
What stage of the tournament (early, middle, approaching bubble, on the bubble, in the money, approaching FT, FT bubble, FT, HU)?
Stack sizes of those in the hand?
If nearing the bubble are there any super short stacks that might ramp up the ICM factor?
Any pertinent information on the players in the hand?

Poker is a game of incomplete information, where we have to try to piece together what we know and come up with the best play based on that. The more information we have, the more chance we have of making the right decision.