Did you ever fold AA??

Austria7

Austria7

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well played. Exactly in such situations at the bubble it is better to fold even AA against a big stack in order to get into the safe prize money zone. I did it in the same situation one time. :)

Adi8877

Adi8877

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Mostly on satellites, where I have enough stack, but i still can relegate if i lose with it, being passive and wait for the few more relegation instead of risking the prize.

Normal tourneys rarely, even i know, i should fold more often, especially before the FT bubble, I can't count how many times I relegate in that phase with AA, generally, the AA is a scary hand for me on the last 2-3 table phase, even if it is allin or fold because of blind levels, I am out with them more often than i should based on probability, do not mention AA on the FTs... that is an other nightmare...

R

ritz_avalanche

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have never folded AA preflop

Pammypoo

Pammypoo

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes I have folded Aces in a PLomha hilo tourney..and I got a lot of chips and my aces are not suited and don't have any good low cards and someone raises..Yes I will fold them and have lots of times. Im not sure about folding them in NL holdem...After the flop perhaps if I think Im beat but not preflop...But like what do I know lol:p:p:p;)

A

andrezito38

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I avoid giving up pre-flop, but after the flop, I try to lose as little as possible when the street is not favorable.

zwbb

zwbb

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
We agree that it is difficult to fold with an overpair, but sometimes it is necessary. Don't rush to find out which cards your opponent raised your bets with. Very often this curiosity negatively affects the size of the stack.

Vlaad

Vlaad

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I never folded aces preflop, and I would only do it in very specific situations. For example in the bubble of a high buy-in tournament when 3 or more people are all-in pre-flop. But since most people play it save in the bubble, that won't happen often :D

ga25x

ga25x

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Early days never and that cost me a lot, now many times.

horscht22

horscht22

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
Preflop never, in game later it depends on bord and betsize of other players...

Xambo

Xambo

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
No I did not. Although after the flop I should have done 😅

soLdaTeS88

soLdaTeS88

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes. When I played the satellite, the bubble was close and I had some chips, I folded AA.

K

Kejk67

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Sometimes

Sometimes you need to learn to fold even though they say AA are the best starting hand they don’t always win for you

meagain00

meagain00

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Yes, I did it near the bubble in a few times.

meagain00

LitPavel

LitPavel

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I usually go all in with them, but if I call a raise and there are three cards of the same suit on the flop, I fold if the ace is not of the same suit.

H

Hanosch

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well not preflop I havent. Postflop.. yeah. Well less than i shoulndt probably, but there is obvious spots where you are beat

H

hidayat1990

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
never :D AA and KK my favourite carsd , but i think the worst feeling when u lost or u out from the tourn. whit AA .

Z

zdgdj1

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
AA

Sometimes a cold runs on the back with AA

Folding in Poker