Did you ever fold AA??

H

horseshoebhole

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Someone beat me to the punch >.< . I think only a few times its been folded even at showdown with my skill level. Preflop is a never with the stakes that I play. Even 8 ways on the bubble, YOLO !

T

TpaEnforcement

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The only ways I have folded, aces if I slow played them. The board has to have one one card needed, for a flush or straight. Other wise I won't fold them.

P

poguesdota

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Who fold aa don't know how to play poker

F

fourroses

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Ihad never fold AA ,but when it is near to the money I dont play AA slow I go all in

funnyhook3

funnyhook3

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I Never fold AA too, but 30% of the time I lose this hand, a pair of small or three ((

Also, I never go All IN with AA on a UTG position.

Last edited by a moderator:
oarroyo

oarroyo

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
PY
Chips
Once I remember I folded after reading that the opponent made a set of 9, he had a pair of 9 and the flop came in 9, I folded with my pair of A

oarroyo

oarroyo

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
PY
Chips
But in 99% I usually play everything with pair of A

Maekz1999

Maekz1999

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Only on obvious flush draws like 4 hearts on board or smthn. Otherwise I play stupid. Haha:D

Jon Poker

Jon Poker

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Have you ever folded with two Aces in your hand? This happened for me yesterday when I decided to enter the payout pool, but it turned out that I was lucky and I did it well because the guy played all-in, got a third nine and I would stay with Aces.It wasn't a freeroll ,but a guaranteed 1.500$ tournament

Preflop the answer is NEVER unless its the stone bubble with multiple all ins in a satellite tourament. Any solver, program, rational player will tell its extremely -EV to fold AA preflop. We are completely allowed to go broke with AA on the bubble -- dont act like you made the correct play because your villan would have gotten luck and caught trips, or two pair on you -- because folding AAs preflop is NOT the correct play. If we want to set ourselves up to win the tournament (which is where all the money is) then why are we folding nuts preflop? This is just horrific play, and will keep us locked in min-cash city forever. Focusing on the outcome or the results of a decision rather than whether or not our decision is correct or profitable is just a negative way of thinking and will bring us negative results. DO NOT BE RESULTS ORIENTED -- you will not succeed at this game if you are.

Moving on -- post flop is a different story - there are multiple scenarios where it is plenty reasonable to fold AAs after the cards are out and equities may change. Certain board textures and runouts are just going to be bad for our Aces, it is what it is and we should learn to be disciplined enough to fold them when they turn from a strong hand into bluff catchers. This is where people punt with AAs and then cry about the result when in reality this would've been the easiest point to NOT go broke in the hand.

Z

Zeke67

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Of course

Anyone who has played poker seriously or aspires to do so and is really putting some effort and thought to their play has had to fold AA at one time or another. Preflop we NEVER fold. Unless It’s the bubble and I’m looking at major money in a large tournament. After the flop it’s a different story altogether. If I’m beat I’m beat. I know folding AA does not sit well with some people. I’d rather count my money for winning a big tournament. Rather than lament and whine about how I got AA cracked. But that’s just me, I guess!! Lol

Z

Stay Safe

ringworm

ringworm

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The only time I would fold AA preflop is if I'm on the bubble with a big enough stack to guarantee I'm going to cash and everyone is getting the same payout, like a tournament ticket. In that scenario, I'm just going to sit out completely and take a back seat to the action. It's also fun watching people fight for my blinds when I'm sitting out.

mardasenia

mardasenia

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I never fold, especially if I deal, 50% of the time kills with a set

ivanlt18

ivanlt18

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes, a couple of times on the lovely River.
I'd suggest kicking everyone out before the Turn.
Don't let them see that many cards :)

MikeDTT

MikeDTT

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Od course i do and was sad about two days :')

DiazPoker3101

DiazPoker3101

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
Thread: Did you ever fold AA??

In a final table of 6 with two shorts on the table I had a medium stack, I folded with AA because the leader pushed and the shorts called. It was a good decision since both were eliminated and there was a jump of prize.

B

bobor19871987

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
bobor19871987

I've folded AA cards many times already, I had a feeling too:):):):)

S

Snake2007

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I never folded AA even though I thought maybe my opponent had at least 2 pairs or something much bigger to beat me.

W

wizz99

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Never before the flop unless in a sat that I already have enough chips to qualify. But sometimes you have to let them go after the flop....

619Leafs

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
There are rare moments where I folded Aces after the turn because the flop texture was terrible.

peaceofcoke

peaceofcoke

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes, especially near the bubble when the board is too wet.

GabaGabaHey

GabaGabaHey

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sure, on the turn or the river when I was sure I was staring down trips or worse.
It's really hard though, especially when you think that next card might give you three Aces or a boat.

T

Trestivo

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I already played AA on board with 4 cards of the same suit and I without any of that suit.

J

Jedrey

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I already gave up, but it was a very difficult decision, when you left AA, you are very happy, like I already won the hand and you just decide to call, or sometimes raise a little, more when the cards appear on the table .. you think and now? Then depending ... you go to the end already in the certainty that you lost ... for me it is very difficult to let go of AA, but I did it a few times with a lot of pain in my heart.

swimbles

swimbles

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The only time you ever fold AA pre-flop is if the ICM is ridiculously huge, or you're on the stone bubble of a satellite and you're not dead last.

Folding in Poker