Are You Capable folding AA Before ITM?

neiroob

neiroob

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I made mistake like this one time, even bigger mistake. 17 places were getting tickets to a bigger tournament and i have gone out 18 placed. Called all in with AA and lost. I was 7 with chips and could have folded my way into a ticket but i made a rookie mistake.

If it is a satellite and you are sure that you can not wait for a ticket, if you wait for a ticket, it's simply dropped if the game is aggressive.

Krypton173

Krypton173

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Never fold AA preflop if you want to win money, don't get to caught up in the short time results u were 80% favorite to win the hand. You did the right thing.

C

CallmeFloppy

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You had less than 10 BBs when you ( I am guessing 9200 before a raise of 3600 to have 5600 left)

I agree that you should have gone all in with this hand. You had one opponent and the best hand pre-flop. I think the mistake you made was the 3BB raise. Instead, you should have gone all in at that point.

63burner

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
"Could have folded my way into a ticket", you did well to see your rookie mistake. You played long and hard to get to the ticket, or in the money, might as well take the easy route, the lesser prize; better than no prize at all.

63burner

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Would fold everything if it's an easy path to itm. Only you will know the thrill of outlasting/outplaying; making itm nobody wants to hear you tell another bad beat story because your pocket pair, "can't be beat.".

X

xsqueezer

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
uffff, very unlucky but it was still correct!

Clowntown

Clowntown

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You made the right move. You're not playing tournaments to merely make ITM, you're playing to get a good payday(top 3). You can't worry too much about being knocked out before making ITM. Pocket Aces are a snap call to anyone who goes all-in.

J

jfitzg414

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If I get AA depending on position I bump 3 or more if few to more players are in. If I got a raiser on the flop then I push. If after the flop I hear set noises then push to test and depending on outcome I drop or push all in. Hopefully I know the player but sometimes just gut

E

ElegantFish

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Generally you should not fold AA preflop. The only situation where you would is if you had a very small stack and payjumps were imminent such as at a final table, where several other players were all in and you had around 2bb or so where you could fold and probably ladder up. In this case, the money you stand to make may outweigh the chips you may win in the hand.

In your case you did what you could. You cannot control the cards that come on flop, turn and river.

PaxMundi

PaxMundi

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
no.png

bc2017

bc2017

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you are folding hands a lot near the money, good players should pick up on it and steal your blinds. Depends I guess on how much it is worth making it into the money and how sure you are you would get there if you didn't play any future hands. Also ask yourself if you do pursue this strategy, do you put yourself at too short a stack to make it any further in the tournament?

P

ps_komaklos

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Bad luck, "well" played.
There are situation were it might be a better idea to wait and even fold AA in a tournament. when you have a decent stack. But in your situation, that short, i would also advice to ship it pre flop, but it doesn't matter much, if you get called shoving or make the call after your raise, when you get it in and to hu, perfect. who knows if you managed to get itm otherwise.

PackinPat

PackinPat

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
AA 2.5 to 4 bet. depending on position. get raised all in I'd smile and snap call. Pretty simple
AA 2.5 to 4 bet get called See the flop Then it depends on the texture of the board if I'm put all in. I can and have folded AA and KK its simply all about getting to the #1 slot not winning every hand.

B

bonzai888

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
lol. scared money don't make money.

you scared to go allin with aces, your hand is the best whole hands,
MOST of time AA will win,

don't let ITM scare you to climb up the ladder.

FINALtableTOP3TOP31STPLACEWINNER
WINNER
MENTALITY

Tony Vayer

Tony Vayer

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi everybody I had :as4: :ad4: and was knocked out by :jh4: :qh4: ,I hadn´t go all in I just had raised 3x (the blind was 600\1200,the vilian went all in and I was the big blind and ITM was 26th ,there were 28 players remaining;the vilian had more chips than me and I couldn´t resist;I gave instant call but for my surprise the flop was :2h4: :7h4: :kd4: :2s4: :9h4:
I don't play for small money - I play for a victory.

blueskies

blueskies

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi everybody I had :as4: :ad4: and was knocked out by :jh4: :qh4: ,I hadn´t go all in I just had raised 3x (the blind was 600\1200,the vilian went all in and I was the big blind and ITM was 26th ,there were 28 players remaining;the vilian had more chips than me and I couldn´t resist;I gave instant call but for my surprise the flop was :2h4: :7h4: :kd4: :2s4: :9h4:

If it's headsup then you call everytime unless maybe you had a HUGE stack in the top 3 and villain is the only one or two who could knock you out.

You just got unlucky. Can't do anything about that.

A

ATruRube

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Never! Why would anyone be involved in a tournament that was so that they would fold AA. It would have to be bubble on a 10K with an all in preflop before me, to even image that!

Chalada12

Chalada12

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
BAD BEATS HAPPEN . You played it well , but I think you should’ve go all in.

L

lewis99

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
gday all ...i can not fold aa..only would go all-in..u have to play to win not just cash...thanks darrell

P

petalms2

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm all in no matter against one player even though we are one person away from the money with AA he just has to suck out.

Folding in Poker