Are You Capable folding AA Before ITM?

MattRyder

MattRyder

🍏 Tech That Works!
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yup. I'm all in here myself most likely. But if I chose to make a small raise, it's an invitation to a reraise, also a legit strategy (to get the shove back). However, I would not make a thread asking if I should have folded to the shove. :eek:
Ahhh, but that's the whole point of having a forum like this in the first place. We're all coming at this from different levels.

Nelson1712

Nelson1712

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Pair of Aces would be crazy to play it while in a bubble, I would rather wait to be in ITM and ensure you charge first

mtl mile end

mtl mile end

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Ahhh, but that's the whole point of having a forum like this in the first place. We're all coming at this from different levels.
But my point is that no one will say "fold to this (almost min) raise". The question is moot. Only the circumstances that lead to this question are important. That is where choices had to be made. Once villain shoves, it's far too late to start weighing options (all two of them).

N

notahead

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Unless the payout for min cash is signifant to your bankroll and you know you will cash for sure can't can't see folding AA jam it pre flop if u want less variace more folds don't enduce people by raising 3 bb to see flop give them odds to better crack AA ship it call it a day but if bubble very significant to your roll you know other people very short start clock tanking till you reach the money then hope for hot run of cards to make a comeback

S

StatusOmega525

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I always think about the bubble like being a speedbump on a freeway. You push the speed till you get to it, slow down so you dont total yourself, then put the pedal down again. But I'm also trying to build from a very micro bankroll, so placing in the money carries more weight with me at the moment. Good luck on your next shot.

57noona

57noona

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
You have to play AA against one other player. You should have been all in preflop.

R

ritehere

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Folding these if close to ITM. Easy as pie brother

pepsilv

pepsilv

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
AA is a no fold to me anywhere if i'm gone i'm gone it's just part of poker and variance. Sometimes you double up and sometimes you don't. I just go with the flow.

Leomil

Leomil

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yeah, you got unlucky... just keep playing like that, no error baby

P

Pickat

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I can't imagine ever folding AA . But if I'm near the money I'm all in pre flop to try and keep suited connected hands out . They always seem to suck out on me . Good luck next time .

BobbyMorton

BobbyMorton

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you want to win the tournament you play them if you just want in the money you fold although hard to fold in that situation.

elflake

elflake

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think folks are missing here that even if hero had folded the As,( which as I said I don't even recognize as an option here ), they only had 4 BBs, so it is unlikely that they could just fold into the money.

V

vpashuta

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I've never heard of anything except try to get it all in preflop with AA- You did the right thing.

J

jesse512

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
i DONT THINK I WOULD BE ABLE TO . MAYBE JUST NOT TO SURE

phantomjiujitsu

phantomjiujitsu

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You played it correctly, I am never folding there.

E

eggtart

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In this stage of the tournament your so short stacked, you have to get it in with the best hand preflop. Just got unlucky rivered. If im in the same situation im shipping it all the time. Just variance.......and bad luck

Kanetuck

Kanetuck

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Tough to fold aces

Part of poker is probabilities. We love aces because of better odds. This is a question of risk vs reward. So, if your goal is to make it in the money and all you need to do is fold, playing aces is actually worse odds. If your goal is to finish first, playing aggressive against the conservative opponents might be better. I believe part of becoming a better poker player is being able to fold good hands when the timing is right. I saw someone tonight barely make it ITM in the 10 dollar ACR freeroll. I went out in fifth and he was second in chips and still going strong.

R

rmcneice

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Once you answer the question of playing to make the money or playing for best possible finish. The how you play AA at the bubble is easy.

Best possible finish you are playing a lot to take advantage of those paying to make the money, so shove.

Playing to make the money fold everything until the bubble bursts. I generally still play AA and KK depending on position at the bubble. But that's me.

W

williamsc99

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I certainly fold in AA depending on the border next to itm

fhruhrhit

fhruhrhit

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I can't.
coz more chip give me more prize.

Maikychan

Maikychan

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I NEVER fold AA preflop! HahAhAhahHAh

Mortis

Mortis

The Saurus
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Looks like you played the hand right. Big chip stack was probably hoping to play on the fears of not making the money. You can't play poker with fear. Ultimately, your goal is to win the tourney, not just make the money.

T

Top Top

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It depends on your Stack if you have a decent Stack lets say more than 25-40 bigblinds and the chipleader who is covering you went all in to bully or to 3 bet some short stacked players I will fold AA or KK many players will tell you it's wrong but it's when folding the good hands that you win a tournament

slurredreaction

slurredreaction

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
That's a hard hand to lay down as you want to build up enough chips to get to final table. I would've insta-called like you did and lost too. That's just poker. Sometimes you can't always do the right thing.

Folding in Poker