Years with on/off poker,still losing player.

S

Spondzile

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
EE
Chips
Hello,
I have been playing poker on/off for 10 years and still can't beat it. Little bit my poker story... I play in PS, I do have PT 4 (never really haven't analysed my game,just using HUD) I can well recognize fishy vs regular players.
Also I table select and I try to beat 6max cash games. I know poker termins,betting sizes,starting hands and position aware.
I don't know nothing about pot odds,implied odds and so on.
I think my main enemy is lack of consistency and discipline.
So I feel that I need total format about my poker acknowledge and start somehow to learn again properly from the basic stuff.
My main problem is that I can't understand witch strategy is up to date,what read what not, ex some say Sklansky,Harrington so on books are not up to date, ofc I realize 2006 games are not the same as nowadays, otherwise I think micro/low limits should be mostly straightforward value bet with nuts otherwise fold and no fancy play whatsoever.
My main goal to poker is beat low/micro stakes one day and get paid as hobby.
As father of 2 years old,tournament poker is no go for me :/

Sorry for long post I hope some of you had same feeling and understand my problem.Also any recommendations about learning chronological is very welcomed.
Thank you and GL on the tables :)

dannystanks

dannystanks

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
US
Chips
Your biggest leak is what you said yourself “I don’t know nothing about pot odds…”
You should know basic poker math. When you do get down and get into it (all of it is easy) this will in itself put you on a higher level than where you were before. In this site is a free 30 day course and some of the lessons teach everything you will need about poker math.

Funtast

Funtast

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
Hello,
I have been playing poker on/off for 10 years and still can't beat it. Little bit my poker story... I play in PS, I do have PT 4 (never really haven't analysed my game,just using HUD) I can well recognize fishy vs regular players.
Also I table select and I try to beat 6max cash games. I know poker termins,betting sizes,starting hands and position aware.
I don't know nothing about pot odds,implied odds and so on.
I think my main enemy is lack of consistency and discipline.
So I feel that I need total format about my poker acknowledge and start somehow to learn again properly from the basic stuff.
My main problem is that I can't understand witch strategy is up to date,what read what not, ex some say Sklansky,Harrington so on books are not up to date, ofc I realize 2006 games are not the same as nowadays, otherwise I think micro/low limits should be mostly straightforward value bet with nuts otherwise fold and no fancy play whatsoever.
My main goal to poker is beat low/micro stakes one day and get paid as hobby.
As father of 2 years old,tournament poker is no go for me :/

Sorry for long post I hope some of you had same feeling and understand my problem.Also any recommendations about learning chronological is very welcomed.
Thank you and GL on the tables :)
What are your core stats, preflop, flop, turn, river?
Would be good to know to give at least some advice because the things you mentioned are not helpful to help you other than -> study more!
Tbh. potodds and implied odds are overrated at the micros because players don´t use them for their bettings often enough. Unless they bet very low or very high there is no real value you can extract from their betsizes.

S

Spondzile

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
EE
Chips
Would be good to know to give at least some advice because the things you mentioned are not helpful to help you other than -> study more!
Tbh. potodds and implied odds are overrated at the micros because players don´t use them for their bettings often enough. Unless they bet very low or very high there is no real value you can extract from their betsizes.
I gonna post tomorrow my PT4 stats.Thanks

SpanRmonka

SpanRmonka

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Generally tend to agree, they are not the most vital for Micros, you def don't need to be working things out continuously. However, to improving your game will be very difficult without at least a basic understanding, and some acceptance that you should come back to it, and at least attempt to learn some basics such as number of outs and what percentages these will generally create.
Again I would have to recommend the CC 30 day course. Don't just read it and watch the videos. Take some time to think through each secton, however basic it seems. There is always something to learn. Plus, keep coming back to the areas you are less sure of, and go over them again.
GL

S

Spondzile

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
EE
Chips
Yeah I gonna take CC30 atm I read a book called "Mental game of poker" by Jared Tendler.I personally think I need to improve a lot about my mental play, discipline and so on.
One big leak I notice from my mental side is that I dont take nl2 cash game seriously, but also I know that It's not level where you make some money.It's like 1st grade of poker.

S

Spondzile

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
EE
Chips
I gonna post tomorrow my PT4 stats.Thanks
Im not sure witch stats I should show ,but here I have some main stats,sample is only 6k hands.

Attachments

• my nl2 6max stats.PNG
    my nl2 6max stats.PNG
    88.5 KB · Views: 4
Risto234

Risto234

põrandaalune pokkerimängija
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
EE
Chips
My main problem is that I can't understand witch strategy is up to date
Sometimes i feel the same - like when using police, military strategy and so on ... :unsure:

hilary antonik filho

hilary antonik filho

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
When all else fails, start all over again, how about starting the 30-day Cardschat course