Would you fold full house

Y

Yunyi

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Last night in a cash game I got J 7. After flop and turn, I found I had 3 J and a pair of 3 (on table). So I bet quite a lot and a guy called. After river this guy bet huge and I called. It turned out this guy got 3 J and a pair of 10 ( his hole cards were J 10, and there was a 10 on table).

Would you fold at river when he bet? I suppose this is my bad luck. Or maybe there's more careful way to handle this situation?

Thanks!

F

freestocks

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
You may have bet more to make it hard to call you to the river.

Cold decks happen. If you didn't lose all your chips, you did good.

tauri103

tauri103

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It should have been necessary to throw J7 of the depard because it is really a very bad hand. Personally I will also have to pay my opponent with a full especially if the pot is important. I hope that you will have more luck for your next full.

andsws

andsws

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
RO
Chips
You had bad luck. These kind of things happen from time to time and there is nothing you can do :)

J

jonnycash95

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
i would never fold a full house

T

Tim777

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Фул хауз

Не сбросил

Y

Yunyi

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You may have bet more to make it hard to call you to the river.

Cold decks happen. If you didn't lose all your chips, you did good.

Thanks!
I didn't lose all my stakes but i could.

Just checked history, I got Jc 3s, posted as small blind;
Flop was 7s; Td; Jh

I got a pair so I bet a little (4 cents as BB), the guy raised to 20 cents, as he got two pairs already (J and T), and I called;

Turn: Jd
I got a set, so I bet 24 cents; the guy called (already full house);

River: 7d
I got full house (JJJ77) but somehow I only checked, the guy all in, and i called.

Y

Yunyi

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It should have been necessary to throw J7 of the depard because it is really a very bad hand. Personally I will also have to pay my opponent with a full especially if the pot is important. I hope that you will have more luck for your next full.

it was J3 (my memory got rotten)
usually I do but I was SB, so i decided to try my luck. :-(

------------------
re:
jonnycash95

i would never fold a full house

I would never fold full house either. But I remember in my short poker experience

my full house was beaten by another higher full house.

-------------

For other comments i am not able to reply as i just reached maximum posts here. I pisted hand history above... Thx

Last edited:
TeamPainter

TeamPainter

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm confused.

Your hand was J7.

What was the whole board and in what order?

How was he betting along the way at each street? What were his preflop betting actions?

Say for example he 3-bet preflop, you could put him on a monster hand, say TT-AA, or AK, AQs, with a high chance of that being a pair.

Tell us a little more about the hand, and we could help more.

TeamPainter

TeamPainter

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
A simple answer to your question though is, sometimes, yes.

L

lezghin

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
it’s very hard to dump a full house in a game .. sometimes it’s a senior full ... here you have to be able to show patience and endurance ... but we don’t know the opponent’s card .. therefore very few people fold in real ....

K

kkonicke

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't think I'm ever folding the boat there, but I suppose it depends on your opponent and their tendencies.

M

milo79

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I fold a Full House more than twice.

And it was a Good decission because the guy with the bettet Full House bet ne all in

F

FrothyGoodness

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
To answer your question , yes I have folded a full house before. Had Pocket 9s Flop went 10-10-3 Turn Came a 10 and the River a Q. After a bunch of river betting and basically putting 45% of my tourney stack in I folded. Dude flips over Q-Q . In any other situation I would have called his all in and been busted out but we were playing together at the same tables through the tourney and the only time Ive seen him bet or call any large raise was when he had stone cold nuts. Ended up placing 2nd in the tourney in the end. it was one of the Worst best folds Ive made in poker

Ranish625

Ranish625

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In the game different happens, maybe you did the right thing. But I've never dumped a full house before.

Joco413

Joco413

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I wouldn't fold a full house unless it's matter of life and death. Your opponent having a better full house is just lucky. You don't know for sure what they raising for, they could have just a 3 or just 2 pairs. You did well considering the circumstances.

Y

Yunyi

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
thanks everyone for commenting!

the situation here was that I thought I had the best full house except, I forgot to thinking about the pair! I had 3 J so what I should have thought was the higher pair. but, even if I thought that possibility, I doubt if I would fold...

looks like the hands like J3 should be dumped right away!

M

MasterConan

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Last night in a cash game I got J 7. After flop and turn, I found I had 3 J and a pair of 3 (on table). So I bet quite a lot and a guy called. After river this guy bet huge and I called. It turned out this guy got 3 J and a pair of 10 ( his hole cards were J 10, and there was a 10 on table).

Would you fold at river when he bet? I suppose this is my bad luck. Or maybe there's more careful way to handle this situation?

Thanks!

Yes, bet more sooner to eliminate draws, do not get greedy. In that spot ur kinda stuck tho. Other spots and boards easier to fold a boat. Another way to go is not playing weak hands at all ;)

M

MasterConan

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
To answer your question , yes I have folded a full house before. Had Pocket 9s Flop went 10-10-3 Turn Came a 10 and the River a Q. After a bunch of river betting and basically putting 45% of my tourney stack in I folded. Dude flips over Q-Q . In any other situation I would have called his all in and been busted out but we were playing together at the same tables through the tourney and the only time Ive seen him bet or call any large raise was when he had stone cold nuts. Ended up placing 2nd in the tourney in the end. it was one of the Worst best folds Ive made in poker

A good table read can help a ton, live or online. If they fold every hand beware when they don't. Like wise even loose players get n hit good hands.

Cheers!

F

FrothyGoodness

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
A good table read can help a ton, live or online. If they fold every hand beware when they don't. Like wise even loose players get n hit good hands.

Cheers!
Was live , final 2 tables but both tables had 6 players so 9s were HUGE to pick up. Just got them against the wrong person

Z

Zikasamaster

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

Thanks!
Its a bad luck,you pretty much dont played bad.....

J

John bruce

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
A couple of days ago I lost five tourneys in one day all I flopped or turn a full boat. Lost all five to bigger boats. No I will never fold a boat.

LanaRhoades

LanaRhoades

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
No, never! I go all in,if the vilian has quads,it´s just luck.

Last edited:
Folding in Poker