Won $5 in a freeroll, what to play next?

EvertonGirl

EvertonGirl

Professional Fish
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I took your advice, i'm currently trying out 10-cent sats, i won one, yey! :D I love EFC, they have grit and spirit, and the funny thing is I'm from Serbia. I'm starting to get worried about this Martinez episode though... Thanks to all, you were very helpful

Yea Martinez was a bit meh to me, he was concentrating too much on the uefa games more than the premier league, and that's a big no-on imo, he did that once before with Wigan when he concentrated more on the FA and got Wigan relegated. He would feel my wrath if he got us relegated, but now we should avoid the drop because we are playing a lot better since we are out of the uefa cup.

Congrats on the win, and fingers crossed for many more for my new blue nose friend. GL in the game you sattied into :)

H

hffjd2000

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Go to sit and go and play buyin .25 and less satellite tourneys.

Its the best choice so far.

almanik

almanik

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Jackpot S&G on Full Tilt. Try your luck!

P

pain_pain_go_away

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Go to sit and go and play buyin .25 and less satellite tourneys.

Its the best choice so far.
+1

Jackpot S&G on Full Tilt. Try your luck!
-1... For me Jackpot SnGs are the fastest way to piss your money away, to have any sucess you need alot of luck & run good & a big bankroll to back it up... But even at that you'll be hard pressed to beat the variance (IMO).

Good luck mate. I know from bitter experience how tough it can be to grind up a nice bankroll from freeroll winnings without depositing, but when you do (and you will!) it is so satisfying! Like a modern day alchemy I guess! :D

G

GoldCaps

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Stop wasting your time and deposit some cash :)

P

pain_pain_go_away

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Otherwise i remember wjen i used to play on fulltilt... The Ferguson
That's the one!... Look up the "Chris Ferguson Bankroll Challenge" (I think that's the name- Google will know!) for a top notch Bankroll Management System... Even if you don't agree with 100% of his strict rules, it is a great reference point, with some great tips... It is well worth a read; everyday is a school day!
And I bet Ferguson wasn't even in the CardsChat Freeroll Club! ;)

EvertonGirl

EvertonGirl

Professional Fish
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
That's the one!... Look up the "Chris Ferguson Bankroll Challenge" (I think that's the name- Google will know!) for a top notch Bankroll Management System... Even if you don't agree with 100% of his strict rules, it is a great reference point, with some great tips... It is well worth a read; everyday is a school day!
And I bet Ferguson wasn't even in the CardsChat Freeroll Club! ;)

I will have to read that!

I wouldn't be where I am today if it wasn't for the CC Freeroll Club.

EvertonGirl

EvertonGirl

Professional Fish
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Stop wasting your time and deposit some cash :)

He is not wasting his time, he is learning while playing with no risk.

I started from $0 and have a nice healthy BR now. Like OP my new bluenose friend I played the BR mob freerolls plus the best freerolls = CC freeroll club.

G

GoldCaps

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Free money is always nice. But remember, it takes money to make money. Best off investing a 200 deposit with a site you trust. In my case betonline has treated me well

daredeviljo

daredeviljo

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Well, you could play more freerolls until you get $10. Then, you could transfer the money to pokerstars. Then, $0.11 Hold'em tournaments (not R/A) may be best. If I'm not mistaken, prize pools range from $100 to $500, depending on the time of day.

P

pain_pain_go_away

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
He is not wasting his time, he is learning while playing with no risk.

I started from $0 and have a nice healthy BR now. Like OP my new bluenose friend I played the BR mob freerolls plus the best freerolls = CC freeroll club.

+1... I also started from $0 and have had very healthy Bankrolls at various times in my poker journey so far, but unfortunately I like to withdraw too much when things are going good, meaning I get the challenge of building from zero all over again after making large (for me- 4figures) withdrawals then hitting the inevitable downswings...

I'm actually trying to make my 1st deposit now ($10) on Pokerstars to give myself a shot at that Million Dollar shootout, someone's gotta win it, right?
But I'm having trouble with my UKash code not working, I'm not sure that depositing $10 is that much easier than grinding it up from scratch! ;)

W

wabbitfry18

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would go for sitngos

I might put the whole $5 in a cash 10 person first, then start throwing a percentage of my 10 or 20 dollar bankroll into finding a winning rhythm in sit-n-gos, I'm in New York, so have not played at Pokerstars in a while, but I remember making a lot of money in their sit-n-gos!!

motorcity1957

motorcity1957

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You had enough skill & luck to win $ in a large field mtt. Why change? I would stick with the strategy that got you the $. Keep playing the FR's, Play some low entry mtt, 25 or .50 buy-in , 5$ gives you enough bullets to play 10 to 15 trny's. Good Luck in your quest to build a BR.

R

rrph3rtbkr

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have been building my bankroll from scratch and currently have around 38 dollar playing 25c 45 man Sng only , the game suited me most as the game is slow and it helps me learning the poker as well , i have tried 0.27 MTT and 0.02 sng ,0.11 mtt ,),0.10 sng 360 ,in all these games the variance is too high and roi for me was very negative and my game style is tight so these 5min game always get me short ,but 25c game suited me ,planing to change to next level till i reach 50 dollar. i would also recomend you to study some good books on tournament poker and also review ur hands from ur previous play and constantly tried to improve ur leak

EvertonGirl

EvertonGirl

Professional Fish
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I have been building my bankroll from scratch and currently have around 38 dollar playing 25c 45 man Sng only , the game suited me most as the game is slow and it helps me learning the poker as well , i have tried 0.27 MTT and 0.02 sng ,0.11 mtt ,),0.10 sng 360 ,in all these games the variance is too high and roi for me was very negative and my game style is tight so these 5min game always get me short ,but 25c game suited me ,planing to change to next level till i reach 50 dollar. i would also recomend you to study some good books on tournament poker and also review ur hands from ur previous play and constantly tried to improve ur leak

Nice one mate, I used to use the 100x BI rule but I have started to use the 40 BI rule. I am starting to play the $2.50 90man, it takes a while to get 90 ppl though so I may play some $1 45man as well.

GL @ the tables :)

UhhWee

UhhWee

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
yes play 10ct mtts and 2/4ct fixed limit holdem cash game

daredeviljo

daredeviljo

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You could play $0.11 tournaments also, maybe you should not do the rebuy tourneys though. In a regular turbo $0.11, the prize pool will be anywhere from $100 to a few hundred dollars.

coolDadJimbo

coolDadJimbo

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
same here!

won $3.30 on a freeroll.... gonna stick to the $.10 360player SNGs.... came 2nd in one already and added another $4.68..... plan is to build to $25 and then play some of the $.25 90 or 45 player SNGs....

that's the plan, anyways

good luck

EvertonGirl

EvertonGirl

Professional Fish
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
same here!

won $3.30 on a freeroll.... gonna stick to the $.10 360player SNGs.... came 2nd in one already and added another $4.68..... plan is to build to $25 and then play some of the $.25 90 or 45 player SNGs....

that's the plan, anyways

good luck

Nice one, GL

EvertonGirl

EvertonGirl

Professional Fish
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
You could play $0.11 tournaments also, maybe you should not do the rebuy tourneys though. In a regular turbo $0.11, the prize pool will be anywhere from $100 to a few hundred dollars.

+1

I love the tournaments on PS now, I used to love FTP for tournaments and PS for SNG 45/90man. PS dominates both now, PS FTW :)

2easy4ninja

2easy4ninja

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I recently won $5 in a Pokerstars freeroll (2nd out of 3000 people haha). Does anybody have an effective strategy for building up a bankroll with just $5? Should I play cash games, MTTs, or Sit 'N Gos? If MTTs or Sit 'N Gos are the best, which ones are good on Pokerstars?

Before Black Friday I won $2 in some 'high roller' play chip tournament on Full Tilt, and was able to build it up to $20 in full ring NL 0.01/0.02 before busting completely. After that experience, I haven't played poker at all until 2 weeks ago.

what the freeroll name?

mtt freeroll?

i think better 1$ SnG 180 ppl, or MTT 1$ with 2k+ GTD regular
dont play turbo/hyper turbo

B

bbiase

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Isn't variance on SnG a bit too high to play with a baby roll? If you're really comitted to win money without deposit, then you should just stick around those kind of rolls and climb up their leaderboard. It has tons of prizes for top 30 and 1100$ freerolls for top 200. Once you get around 250 buy ins for 5 cents sats to bigger sit and go, you should start gunning for collecting 5 dollars sit and go tickets. One win there and you have a 20 dollars bankroll. Buckle up and prepare to get tilted, because the variance is high but ir pays off really well if you have the right bankroll.