Won $5 in a freeroll, what to play next?

B

BullWink

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would vote for playing more freerolls and leave the $5 alone for now. Once you have a larger bankroll, then you can consider your options about what to play next.
Although you don't ask, I would suggest looking around for freerolls that have far fewer number of players. If you qualify for the freeroll club, or look around the forums here, you should find some freerolls with a hundred or two hundred entrants. This gives you (statistically) a better chance of winning some money and letting your bankroll grow with a bunch of small wins.

X

xXShannonAXx

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
any cash added tournament's with low buyins would be good idea

yonosemanana

yonosemanana

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Bankroll Management

Whats the best way to spend your money after making a few binks at freseroll tourneys

yonosemanana

yonosemanana

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have made cash at a few freerolls from different sites ($3-10 from each US site). I was thinking DoN 50c.

S

SlavaUa

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
With such money you can play as cash 0,01-0,02c. and also SNG 0,1c and maybe 0,25c.

2easy4ninja

2easy4ninja

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
win 5$ = cr8 bankroll?
and go work hard

S

spartacus

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Update on progress:

A week ago I tried some $0.01/0.02 cash games, and got beaten pretty badly. I lost around $10 at the cash tables pretty quickly. I feel like it was a bad run of cards, because I lost set-over-set 2x in less than 100 hands. Also, I wasn't using a HUD initially, so I didn't have reads on some of the nits. With that said, I'm done playing cash tables for now.

My bankroll is currently $31. I'm back to playing small MTTs and SNGs. I'm mostly playing the $0.11 and $0.27 turbos, and taking some shots at the MicroMillions and daily 'Big' satellites. Also playing some of the $0.25 SNGs. The highest buy-in I'm playing is $0.33.

MasterOfDisaster

MasterOfDisaster

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Choose one out of 37 numbers on a roulette table and pray :D

No just kidding best is to play small games and build it up and well done on the $5! Just read you are on the way!

Gl with it and I liked the serie spartacus!

Frank Burnette

Frank Burnette

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Try playing some 5¢ and 10¢ cash games. There's always the potential to win more than a few dollars in those games. I've seen $10 to $15 won while just playing for 45 minutes or so. Good luck.:)

fatman90

fatman90

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi, peeps :D I earned some money on a Bankrollmob freeroll, so now i have around 3$ in my account. I need opinions regarding the best way to use them, i'd appreciate them.

Which games would you pplay?

Last edited by a moderator:
PCK

PCK

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sng 10c i think is the best for 3 $ roll

T

titomurcia1214

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Try hper-turbo 0,02 $, In my experience i was fine when i was little bank, if you play solid you got to the ft there are many fishes

fatman90

fatman90

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Sng 10c i think is the best for 3 $ roll
You mean on Stars? I have to play on Full Tilt, i think there are no such levels there, and there are no 0.02 ones either. Have you guys ever had a roll there?

PCK

PCK

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You mean on Stars? I have to play on Full Tilt, i think there are no such levels there, and there are no 0.02 ones either. Have you guys ever had a roll there?
Sorry,dont paid attention that is FT.You can play 0.25 ,12 players Sng.You can pair your Full Tilt account with your PokerStars account,there you have more games to play...

EvertonGirl

EvertonGirl

Professional Fish
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
On FTP you could play the $0.10 satty into the daily dollar and you could play the $0.25 to get into the guarantee games.

Stay active on here and join the CC freeroll club and you can play in the private freeroll on FTP and build your BR up.

GL :)

UhhWee

UhhWee

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
on tull tilt you should play 0,25$ sngs and maybe some little cash fixed limit holdem

fatman90

fatman90

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Thanks peeps, i didn't notice the 0.25 ones, i think they weren't always on offer, already blew 50 cents earlier :D For anyone who didn't know, you can transfer any amount from PS to FT, but you need to have a minimum of 10 bucks to be able to transfer from FT to PS. And COYB!!! :D

on tull tilt you should play 0,25$ sngs and maybe some little cash fixed limit holdem
Why do you recommend FL holdem, as opposed to NL holdem?

Last edited by a moderator:
P

pain_pain_go_away

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Why do you recommend FL holdem, as opposed to NL holdem?
I think this might be because if you get 1-2 bad beats in NLHE that could mean that you will have lost your entire bankroll, whereas FLHE is a bit kinder on your bankroll.
I personally would recommend playing some of those cheap satellites & then cancelling out of the target tournaments, to build up your bankroll slowly but surely P.S. I would suggest you steer clear of rebuy sat.s especially any ext. or monster rebuys, no matter how cheap they are, because to be in with any chance of winning you will need to make an awful lot of rebuys & you are guaranteed to get stacked (repeatedly) by monkeys playing ATC's...

fatman90

fatman90

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I think this might be because if you get 1-2 bad beats in NLHE that could mean that you will have lost your entire bankroll, whereas FLHE is a bit kinder on your bankroll.
I personally would recommend playing some of those cheap satellites & then cancelling out of the target tournaments, to build up your bankroll slowly but surely P.S. I would suggest you steer clear of rebuy sat.s especially any ext. or monster rebuys, no matter how cheap they are, because to be in with any chance of winning you will need to make an awful lot of rebuys & you are guaranteed to get stacked (repeatedly) by monkeys playing ATC's...
Thanks, mate, very elaborate :D What do u mean by cancelling out? Can you exchange tickets for money?

EvertonGirl

EvertonGirl

Professional Fish
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Thanks peeps, i didn't notice the 0.25 ones, i think they weren't always on offer, already blew 50 cents earlier :D For anyone who didn't know, you can transfer any amount from PS to FT, but you need to have a minimum of 10 bucks to be able to transfer from FT to PS. And COYB!!! :D

Always take care of your BR. Don't play in $0.50 as you are not rolled for them just yet. For $0.10 you do really need $4, I would stick with them for a while until you get your BR to $10 then play the $0.25. If you can get over to PS with your $10 then I would play the $0.25 45man.

Woooohooooo another blue COYB!!!!!!

fatman90

fatman90

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Always take care of your BR. Don't play in $0.50 as you are not rolled for them just yet. For $0.10 you do really need $4, I would stick with them for a while until you get your BR to $10 then play the $0.25. If you can get over to PS with your $10 then I would play the $0.25 45man.

Woooohooooo another blue COYB!!!!!!

I took your advice, i'm currently trying out 10-cent sats, i won one, yey! :D I love EFC, they have grit and spirit, and the funny thing is I'm from Serbia. I'm starting to get worried about this Martinez episode though... Thanks to all, you were very helpful

P

pain_pain_go_away

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I took your advice, i'm currently trying out 10-cent sats, i won one, yey! :D
Nice one mate, the first of many I'm sure. Keep it up & stick to sensible bankroll management & you'll soon have enough money to move up through the levels. Just take your time & you'll be rolling in dough soon enough! ;)