antonis32123

antonis32123

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
You are right ,the decision making process is more important than the result ,that's what counts to me. The decisions we make are based on the knowledge of the game that we already have , so to know whether you are to play or not KJo UTG+2 , you have to have studied the charts that suggests what cards to play on every seat , depending on the raises or limps that have been made before you ,whether you should raise or just limp or fold them. You should have memorised this chart, exersised in action by playing many (play money or insignificant freerolls) games .I also have to do this work:rolleyes: ...
Many times I have been in this position and made the wrong choice that cost me my tour life or some blinds(because instead of shoving I got scared and fold , so I lost later blinds and was easy prey for everyone) .
In this position I don't have good memories of KJo and hands like this so with blinds of 75 150 I'm ok , I fold waiting for the next cards. If it was KQo I might have shoved , but anyway , that is what I would have done .GL on the tables:)

Michel_11

Michel_11

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I probably would do the same move as you and I think I would fold the 66 in your opponent's position, because there are many chances of being dominated/coin flip. In the case of opponent I prefer to be the aggressor and have fold equity in a next hand.

And in online poker for sure the people are much braver because just one click and you open another tournament, has no comparison with a live tournament

acidburnfx

acidburnfx

Senior apprentice
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Good question! Maybe this is the border of the invisible. When we think we are not free and when we do not think too. Real freedom exists only in ignorance.

Thanks for the question.

A

Aces74

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Ok Kj in that position will lose $ and tournament if you play them like kj.
That being said think ok kj if villain has kk or jj my odds are crushed.
Yes with 66 its looking better pre.If you flop a king and he turns a 6 your all in with out a prayer most the time.If you feel your short any two with a call gives you a chance at a double up.And as of lately 66 is being played much more than live in spots to me.Last night gtd I lost a huge pot dude flopped a set of sixes.I thought my pre raise 4 bet would have eliminated that hand.I had AK over played them king on flop 6 on flop.And the position was about the same as u describe.Just the tournament was much larger and there were less than 26 players left.Dude with 66 was then first by a large margin.
I have reviewed the hand and he played this hand more like JJ or QQ, na he has 66.This situation has history though.The same player attempted a huge bluff through a series of betting that I just smooth called.The bluff was me A10 and him K7 (he missed completely was no draw of any kind).
I called after 30 seconds on river A10 with 10 pair good for triple up.
gg gl

Last edited:
D

Dan Lucas

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Here's a decision I made that I am not sure was correct. 30 players from the bubble, I have about 17bb and am in hijack position, and get dealt KK. Blinds are 500/1000 ante 100. Utg+1 raises to 2000, and has about 19 bb. It gets folded to me, and I decide to shove instead of just call or fold and play nit. And I really thought about nit. Instead, I'm thinking I don't want to let late position players in, which is why I shove. Everyone folds and of course opponent rolls over AA. Like I said, this close to the bubble, I really thought of just folding here, and wait for more aggressive play after the bubble. I think I made the wrong decision here.

C

chronical

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I guess it's a call if Iэму got you covered... any pair good in a way, yes it's a coin flip, but since you are short I can put you on AT+, some suited JQ, small pairs.
It is a questionable call/fold eather way in a tournament setting

M

mikey481968

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
some times u have to take a chance and dep on how long you been playing

D

Dan Lucas

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Here is a classic poker outcome, which resulted from making the correct decision in the correct spot and getting unlucky. I had about 12bb and utg. table was playing really loose because of the number of password stealers. I decided in this spot, I could wait, but chances were I would get at least one caller with a garbage hand, so it was a good chance to double up. I was dealt A 10 off, so I shoved. Everyone folded except the bb with a big stack. He called and showed K J spades. Flop came 10 10 9 with 2 spades. turn bricked and river was 8s. According to the play, whether I limp, raise or shove, the result would have been the same. BB never folds there. Good decisions don't always result in good outcomes. The hard part of playing poker is to let that lesson hit home, and not to change your decision making process because of results. In the long run, the good decision makers will always profit from the poor ones.

M

marcumx

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i agree with some of the other comments that neither of you made the wrong decision although if it had been me with the sixes, a king or jack would have hit, thats how my luck runs

D

Dan Lucas

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Decision making with short stacks in general. I find that I am reluctant to shove with garbage hands like 3 8 suited or 4 9 off, even with 8bb or less. I especially hate to put it all-in with these garbage hands when there are pushes ahead of me. And it seems like I am getting these hands when facing big pre-flop bets from early position big stacks who keep showing big hands at showdown. I know all the charts about short stack shoving ranges, but still hate to get it all-in knowing that I require major suckouts. Do you think following the charts religiously is the way to go?

M

marinaki85

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
On the first hand of the rebuy period in a small tournament you pick up K-K in late position. The first player raises 25% of his chips and is called by two other people should you:
a)Fold b)Call c)Raise d)Raise all-in?

amilcarjt89

amilcarjt89

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
very often depending on the result is that we think whether it was good or bad decicsion to win all good decisions siembargo I think it's best to have a solid game style and have lots of patience sometimes we rush and that's where we lose our heads and lose

C

CallmeFloppy

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would have called with the 6s.

P

ph_il

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
On the first hand of the rebuy period in a small tournament you pick up K-K in late position. The first player raises 25% of his chips and is called by two other people should you:
a)Fold b)Call c)Raise d)Raise all-in?
Easy shove.

What hand do you think UTG is raising 25% of their stack with? Very unlikely it's AA. Not impossible, but very unlikely. Most of the time with a silly raise like this is some type of pair like 66-JJ or AK, A10s+. All hands you dominate.

The players cold calling likely have nothing either since they're showing no strength. So, you're going to see a lot of weak Aces, suited connectors, small pairs, or broadway cards. Or even just complete air.

AA is possible if someone is slow playing it, but you shouldn't fear AA if you have KK. If they have AA, it's just a cooler. You still have 20% equity to draw out on AA and if you bust, who cares? It's a rebuy.

I'm jamming because most players in rebuys don't want to fold their hands early on, especially after putting in 25% of their stack. So, to extract max value and maybe thin out the field a little, I opt to jam it in. The pot itself is already huge, so if you pick up, that's a nice boost to your stack. And if you get called, you most likely have the best hand PF.

D

Dan Lucas

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What do you think of this decision? Tournament play, 4 from the money bubble, 13 bb, an aggressive table and I am utg dealt pocket QQ. 9 players at the table. Instead of a raise, I decide to shove just to get blinds and antes and not face a decision if an A or K comes. I get all folds until bb who shows KK. Do you think my all-in made sense utg?

C

CallmeFloppy

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
First example I would have called you with the 66s, I don't think I would have shoved with KJ. Later example I would have played the Ks.