Why can't you win at poker?

O

olesyafarion

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi! I don't have enough knowledge,observation and courage, so I lose. I also don't bluff well enough, and I'm often afraid to call someone else's bluff.

MsUniverse

MsUniverse

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Unfortunately, coolers often give out!

C

CSLysander

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My biggest headache is the main place I play plays favorites. I can have the best hand and the player the site wants to win rivers. It causes me to get mad and that tilts me. I can win and have proven it, but the tilt causes me to get stupid.

UNE_Aces

UNE_Aces

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't have enough nerves to win often

micalupagoo

micalupagoo

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Many players lose due to the fact that they play at a large number of tables or are distracted during the game by watching a video or something else !!! Try to play only at one table, but only thoughtfully, not being distracted by anything !!!

I feel the opposite, I need at least a few tables or I get bored and start playing mediocre hands.
Watching other players and trying to outthink what you think they are thinking costs more than just playing good odds too.

It takes great patience, and knowing how to play certain positions, stacks and players...maybe a tiny bit of luck.
Good players win regularly, regardless the tournament size or buyin

eberetta1

eberetta1

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
The only reason I lose at poker is because I have the time to play poker. If I am in a toutnament on my phone and I am supposed to be helping put up siding, helping teach someone to swim, jump roping. There is not one thing I can do to lose in that tournament. It will keep me in the tournament for 1 hour of me not holding up my end of the siding, it will keep me in for 2 hours of my lifeguard duties and 3 hours of poker play if it is my turn to hold the jump rope.

If I have free time to concentrate on my game and have no distractions, those will be my shortest games.