Why can't you win at poker?

piobest

piobest

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello everybody!

This post is for constantly losing players. Have you tried to understand your losses, understand the reason consciously, without emotions? Write your opinion. Please don't talk about BADBEATS and tweaks.

I can say that I am lazy and slow to learn the game, impatient and overreact if my good cards are overplayed, this leads to the fact that I start playing poorly at the other tables and eventually get thrown out everywhere.
Share your opinion about yourself, thank you.:)

manzanillo53

manzanillo53

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I let emotions get to me and I take too many chances. I pick the worst times to bluff.

pro100phil

pro100phil

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Most players are lazy. They do not want to improve. Me too:)

P

padman400

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I am just crap. Only play cash, never payed to play a tourney or a sitngo

But as said before I also am lazy but trying to learn to play cash properly now.

So there may be hope yet :)

K

kamciono5

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
my problem is the same as any non-winning player. I don't have luck: P

C

Cezar23927

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Onestly I play on emocions sometimes, take too many chances but other Times when I play a A game the bad luck or what ever îs killing me like I ca-n t win withh AA all in

P

pawelmad9

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Because Iam lazy also I play a lot in football managers

MAGICUZ

MAGICUZ

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The problem in my poker failures is bluffing and risk.When I pull myself together and play carefully, then I’m just unlucky.Poker is such a thing where there are many factors.One wrong move and all your efforts end in a waste of money and time.

F

futureballoon

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Getting too optimistic about good cards and considering it a "sure win", I think was the biggest issue for me to overcome. I recognize good cards but still consider there's a chance it may not bring in the pot.

najisami

najisami

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips
My fatal weakness is probably playing too tight when close to the bubble and the blinds start eating my stack. Then all of a sudden I get a prime hand with which I shove and lose to rags !
You made it kind of hard asking us not to talk about bad beats because I have to say that they play a huge role in a losing career. In mine at least...

FoxMS

FoxMS

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello everybody!

This post is for constantly losing players. Have you tried to understand your losses, understand the reason consciously, without emotions? Write your opinion. Please don't talk about BADBEATS and tweaks.

I can say that I am lazy and slow to learn the game, impatient and overreact if my good cards are overplayed, this leads to the fact that I start playing poorly at the other tables and eventually get thrown out everywhere.
Share your opinion about yourself, thank you.:)

Previously, I was also losing money, mainly because I lacked patience. But over the past few months, I have become more disciplined and patient, and thanks to this, my results have improved significantly.

R

Richardszabo

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think my laziness is the biggest problem. It prevents me from improving my poker game skills. I already have a plan to move to a higher level, i'm just lazy to start :(

M

mell0404

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I let the emotions affect me too much and with that I took the risk. I choose the worst moments to bluff since I don't know how to choose them

Highscoregodx

Highscoregodx

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I often play too aggressively, even though I know it's not right

B

bempassado

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My fatal weakness is probably playing too tight when close to the bubble and the blinds start eating my stack. Then all of a sudden I get a prime hand with which I shove and lose to rags !
You made it kind of hard asking us not to talk about bad beats because I have to say that they play a huge role in a losing career. In mine at least..

Uncloggie

Uncloggie

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Lately I don't seem to have enough patience. I am washing out of everything.

D

desabled

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Lack of experience and bad reading of the game. Lack of knowledge and understanding of how to play in specific situations. And for new players it's hard to control emotions they want play agressive and go All-in with all hands they have. In poker like in betting - no easy money, u need work a lot and grow if u want win

rodo 2285

rodo 2285

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
That's what I think

Like every game, you win and lose, if we take into account that in 1 tournament 17% more or less of the entrants are awarded, there will always be more losers than winners, but hey, I have had good streaks and others have not So much, I'm still going to keep trying because it's a game that I really like, if I win better, and if I lose I'll keep trying

F

Fernet

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Bad players

Hello, well I think that if you start by saying not to talk about bad beats and that you get carried away by your emotions, the reason why you lose is quite clear, if you study and practice and make the best decisions each time, you will lose only when do bad reading of the rival or have bad beats, there is not much science, bad players lose and good players win in the long term

D

dompoker

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In poker it is easier to lose than to win, but if you have good banking skills, in the long run you can win money in poker.

niphon56

niphon56

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
A tournament has only 15~20% ITM, Cash game has 3~5% fee for every hand. One want win from poker must has better skill than other. :deal:

Kenad_MNE

Kenad_MNE

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
lack of focus I guess after a suckout. also an incosistent game selection, with all these zoom games, grand tours, spin and gos and wasting money on all these donkaments...

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Many players lose due to the fact that they play at a large number of tables or are distracted during the game by watching a video or something else !!! Try to play only at one table, but only thoughtfully, not being distracted by anything !!!

K

korbal29

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
For one thing, games got a lot harder than say 10-15 years ago . Way too many good players nowadays. My problem is I have 3 or 4 winning sessions out of 10 and thats not enough to show profit in a long term