Who would do differently and how with kk?

B

Brunokeskara

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
sharing hypotheses ... because I have been following the tips of friends here a lot, but I still have some ruin points on the way, as I was in an important tournament now and I found KK in hand with high blinds, I thought about going all-in, I decided to fix it since I was not the one who tried first, and I ended up losing by 333, him with 33 in my hand and me in KK in his hand, he should have risked everything even though he knew he raised. obs. I didn't know he had 33 in his hand until the end of the play with 333

Last edited:
eetenor

eetenor

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
sharing hypotheses ... because I have been following the tips of friends here a lot, but I still have some ruin points on the way, as I was in an important tournament now and I found KK in hand with high blinds, I thought about going all-in, I decided to fix it since I was not the one who tried first, and I ended up losing by 333, him with 33 in my hand and me in KK in his hand, he should have risked everything even though he knew he raised. obs. I didn't know he had 33 in his hand until the end of the play with 333

Thank U 4 Posting

I think this is a language conversion issue so let me try to help make this post a little more easily read.

1 You have KK in what table position relative to the blinds?
2 33 raises in what position?
3 "Fix it" means what? You just call the 33 raise?
4 How many blinds did you have before you call?
5 What did the board look like when you put in all your chips? 345 QJ3?

Hope this helps
:):)

B

Brunokeskara

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
yes, I will try to explain to you so you can understand

Thank U 4 Posting

I think this is a language conversion issue so let me try to help make this post a little more easily read.

1 You have KK in what table position relative to the blinds?
2 33 raises in what position?
3 "Fix it" means what? You just call the 33 raise?
4 How many blinds did you have before you call?
5 What did the board look like when you put in all your chips? 345 QJ3?

Hope this helps
:):)

yes, translator problem. but you managed to perfectly understand all the points. summing up all your questions, I had 50k in hand. opponent with 33 with 60k. I believe that if I had pushed all in, he would have run. but I chose to bet a little there, he paid and turned 3, 5 and 10 on the table.then he didn’t bet end there went all in. and I took a crack. lol. if I had gone all-in pre-flop, I don't think he would have called with a 33. so in that hand in question i think i was wrong i not to go all in pre-flop

B

Badday94

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You hate to see this. Happened to all of us. You are right, if you went all in I don't think he would have called with pair of 3's. I don't really love the idea of going all in preflop since while KK is a very good hand, you can't know if he has pair of 3's or aces. Since you have a good stack and are in a big tournament, maybe a bigger bet preflop would have been more suited. If he called the bigger bet and go all in after that flop, the chances he has trips is pretty high. After a big bet from you, he has to consider you have a big pair like kings, but with 3 5 10 flop he still went all in. Hard pill to swallow and difficult fold, I don't think I could have gotten myself to fold there either, but it is what it is and with 50k stack, it's the smart move I believe.

I lost a crazy hand with pair of 3's. The flop was K K 3. Someone went all in, I thought man poor guy, gets king trips and still lose. It shows his hand, K Q. Poor guy. I'm counting my chips. I'm not even paying atention to the table anymore. The turn comes, then the river, and then I get the message saying congratulations for this position in the tournament and I'm like no way, this can't be. Turns out the river was a Q, so that was that for me lol. Sometimes we win big, sometimes we lose big.

greatgame230

greatgame230

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It all depends on how you opened if your bet in the Preflop was very small, this is a risk that you will always run, I am not saying that you should have shove in the Preflop but perhaps a bigger bet, anyway you had bad luck and it's poker that happens

Evan Jarvis

Evan Jarvis

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

Hey Bruno,

With your biggest pairs KK AA you almost ALWAYS want to reraise before the flop.
Make the big big and big so you can get lots of value from QQ, JJ, TT and knock those small pairs out of the pot so they can't crack you.

It may seen excessive but, if you 3bet to 10-15% of the effective stacks (chips behind) then it's mathematically wrong for people to call you with small pairs to try and get lucky.

It may seem like overkill, but... if your opponent will still call the big 3-bets with AK, JJ, KQs etc, might as well knock out the dangerous hands and keep in the ones that will give you a lot of money after the flop!

B

Brunokeskara

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
amazing

You hate to see this. Happened to all of us. You are right, if you went all in I don't think he would have called with pair of 3's. I don't really love the idea of going all in preflop since while KK is a very good hand, you can't know if he has pair of 3's or aces. Since you have a good stack and are in a big tournament, maybe a bigger bet preflop would have been more suited. If he called the bigger bet and go all in after that flop, the chances he has trips is pretty high. After a big bet from you, he has to consider you have a big pair like kings, but with 3 5 10 flop he still went all in. Hard pill to swallow and difficult fold, I don't think I could have gotten myself to fold there either, but it is what it is and with 50k stack, it's the smart move I believe.

I lost a crazy hand with pair of 3's. The flop was K K 3. Someone went all in, I thought man poor guy, gets king trips and still lose. It shows his hand, K Q. Poor guy. I'm counting my chips. I'm not even paying atention to the table anymore. The turn comes, then the river, and then I get the message saying congratulations for this position in the tournament and I'm like no way, this can't be. Turns out the river was a Q, so that was that for me lol. Sometimes we win big, sometimes we lose big.

our very interesting you comment this, because it happened exactly the same with me today, it is like every good player, I almost died of rage again, lol. I had a full done on the table and in my hand, on the river there was a bigger full for the blessed boy that I was believing with my victory.obs. the my hand I'm telling you I had JQ. on the table hit JJA. in the hand of my adversary AA. but I did not know. lol
on the turn hit Q. don't even need to tell the rest for you, lol

B

Brunokeskara

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thank you for the advice

It all depends on how you opened if your bet in the Preflop was very small, this is a risk that you will always run, I am not saying that you should have shove in the Preflop but perhaps a bigger bet, anyway you had bad luck and it's poker that happens

In fact, well observed, I have taken all the tips here and used them in tournaments, this one I haven't tried yet. good tip liked it. I'm going to use it in the next hand, maybe my mistake also in that hand in question may have fallen for that too, I was not as aggressive as the hand asked. Thank you for the advice

B

Brunokeskara

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
thanks for the master's advice there

Hey Bruno,

With your biggest pairs KK AA you almost ALWAYS want to reraise before the flop.
Make the big big and big so you can get lots of value from QQ, JJ, TT and knock those small pairs out of the pot so they can't crack you.

It may seen excessive but, if you 3bet to 10-15% of the effective stacks (chips behind) then it's mathematically wrong for people to call you with small pairs to try and get lucky.

It may seem like overkill, but... if your opponent will still call the big 3-bets with AK, JJ, KQs etc, might as well knock out the dangerous hands and keep in the ones that will give you a lot of money after the flop!

top!!! bro. expert advice. really thanks for the advice. I've been leveling up in big tournaments, thanks to the tips from all of you here. I am very happy to have so many people willing to help others even knowing that they can be a great rival in the future. thank you from the heart and success

shinmenkami

shinmenkami

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Its kinda hard to understand, but pocket 3 is not a hand we can predict that much thinking of ranges, so that is tricky to play against. If the flop shows a 3, and you have the pocket pair against kings you should protect your hand against a wild king that can apear. If you are holding the kings you should value bet.
Of course that is ignoring position and all the bets that happened.

If you care for a tip, when describing a hand, first say what position on the table you were in, what cards did you had. Flop, turn and river with the equivalent bets. If youre not using blind size, let us know your stack size, not only the value of the bet.

Cheers

Baldy86

Baldy86

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
you should not slowplay KK when you are short stacked . just push all in

B

Brunokeskara

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
you are right, I will try to improve on this issue

Its kinda hard to understand, but pocket 3 is not a hand we can predict that much thinking of ranges, so that is tricky to play against. If the flop shows a 3, and you have the pocket pair against kings you should protect your hand against a wild king that can apear. If you are holding the kings you should value bet.
Of course that is ignoring position and all the bets that happened.

If you care for a tip, when describing a hand, first say what position on the table you were in, what cards did you had. Flop, turn and river with the equivalent bets. If youre not using blind size, let us know your stack size, not only the value of the bet.

Cheers

It is true good advice, I will be more detailed when writing, because the advice is really being of great use in my plays, I have reached great positions in the tournaments that I have played, I need to improve my English even more, because the broker or translator sometimes changes the sense of words, sometimes complicating what is simple.
but I appreciate the advice and apologies for the vocabulary errors

B

Brunokeskara

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
tanx my friends

you should not slowplay KK when you are short stacked . just push all in

thanks for the advice my friend, there really are times when it is best not to give your opponent opportunities with weak cards pre-flop

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You are leaving out basically all the key elements, which are needed for hand analysis like:

* Starting stacks in big blinds of everyone at the table
* Your position at the table and the position of the opponent(s)
* The action in front of you
* Stage of the tournament

All, you are telling us, is, that someone with 33 hit a set, when you had KK, and you ended up losing. This is really not enough to go on, if you actually want to learn and improve. So why not find the actual hand history and then post it in the tournament hand review forum?

B

Brunokeskara

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
ok, i will remember to look at the game as a whole

You are leaving out basically all the key elements, which are needed for hand analysis like:

* Starting stacks in big blinds of everyone at the table
* Your position at the table and the position of the opponent(s)
* The action in front of you
* Stage of the tournament

All, you are telling us, is, that someone with 33 hit a set, when you had KK, and you ended up losing. This is really not enough to go on, if you actually want to learn and improve. So why not find the actual hand history and then post it in the tournament hand review forum?

truth. great advice. I don't know how I do that, I'm a bit of a layman in these parts of historical configurations, everything. I'm studying, reading some books, watching the comments with tips and watching some videos. in an attempt to improve myself and be a better player. in the last few weeks i have improved with the tips, because i have arrived in more itm, than before the tips here from the forum. I will remember your tips. thanks

Subel007

Subel007

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think it is just luck,i cant fold kk in that flop 3 5 10,but you should be more agressive preflop,it is good way to avoid that situation

P

pockerman

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
KK is a bad cards for me I usually loose with them, or get too smal pot, but in other hand,maybe I’m just bad poker player=)

Bnobob

Bnobob

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
The Big Game

betting 3x or more is ideal. when we see a flop if we have 4 or 5 players a pair of k'k cannot be considered the best hand; .in a hand against 2 or 3 villains maybe

Z

zipocool

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
with KK, we almost always have to play as aggressively as possible preflop in order to break up the pot, and ideally, it is advisable to go all in against one opponent, since the more of them are involved in the hand, we have less chances, since there is almost nowhere to improve with KK + we always have to isolate players in the blinds so they don't go pot odds with all sorts of weak hands

mushthebush

mushthebush

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
It really depends on the tournament, players and situation. I usually go allin preflop with aces or kings, but when I do raise and plan to slow play them, I'm ready to fold both aces and kings and more often than not, I folded correctly to other monster hands/nuts. Of course, at high stakes with pro players, it's a different story.