Where did you learn to play?

K

krumz06

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
actually i tought myself how to play by watching it on tv and just playing on the internet.

B

Benj253

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I learned to play with my uncles. Very soon after they stopped playing with me.

B

best999

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I learned by watching it on TV. I then picked up how to play and played small buy ins with my friend and I won a lot. SO now I moved to the oternet where it is harder but hopefully will be successful one day.:icon_pira

LZ_Angel

LZ_Angel

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I learned to play basic five card draw from family members, and later learned Hold 'Em online at pokerstars.

P

pccp

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I learned on a ski trip, where i lost all my money with four cards in a row (thought it was a straight of course). forgot about it, but then i saw the WPT on tv, and i was hooked.

Began playing for play money, and from there i've become a winning online poker player lol...

R

rr_34

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I learned recently on the ESPN big monstrous ongoing freefroll. I agree with those that say it hurts your game, but it was a low-stress way to get used to hold-em & online play in general. I had to change it up a lot to win in real $ tourneys tho (but am already winning). I learned Omaha by accidentally clicking the wrong pay tournament. Knew I was in trouble when I got 4 cards. Got my butt kicked BTW so maybe I still don't know Omaha hi/lo LOL.

D

Diesel168

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I started playing on Absolute poker, first in there single tourneys and now in the big money tables, although there are a lot of jerks that play at Absolute. I find a lot of people that don't really know how to play all that well especially in there h/l omaha rooms. It's a perfect place to learn to play:icon_joke

F

flip733

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
i learned to play on tv and the first time i saw it on espn i thought it was ridiculous to have poker on espn but then me and m friends starting playing and now poker is what keeps us connected considerring how many different schools we go to

B

becca4825

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I played basic 5 card draw with my older sisters boyfriend and his friends as a preteen. But hold em I picked up from TV. After becoming addicted to WPT & wsop and any other poker that I could watch on TV, I finally tried it online. I mostly play free rolls for now and take what I win there to the real money. Have only been playing online a few weeks, but I love it.

mongani7

mongani7

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I moved to wa. state yrs back went to a pub after work and a group of guys played every day 25 cent poker dealers choice holdem' pineapple ,omaha,7stud coupel others.good group of people their. the vally tavern, port Hadlock Wa.

U

uofmfan4

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I learned watching the WSOP on TV, then I went and started playing online. I agree with the play money making you play loosely, and I lost quite a bit of cash when I first played for real. I've progressed though.

A

azn712

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
i learned poker at my friends house
it is a really easy game to pick up not many rules to it the key is to practice

M

maheos

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Learned at Ladbrokes, and was screwd badly my fist time.
Thats what happen when you think you actually think poker is an easy
game. But I learned my lesson and I do a lot better now..:vroam:

H

histeric1

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Learn to play

It great practice to play freerolls. You play against a lot of different styles, newbies and veterans and its all for free.

K

Knicker

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I started playing 5 Card Draw with friends and Texas Hold em at the Prima Poker Network after i watched it on TV.

B

bobbymac48

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
learning to play in tourneys

Have found out that $2- $5 tourneys fit my budget and have some good players also. Have recently placed 2nd and have played in 4 tourneys for real money. Am only down $4.50 from initial $25. I think the money tourneys are better than free games. People dont want to lose and are more carefull in playing. Not as much 2-4 people all in on first hand. I am a big fan of Absolute Poker. The best site I have played on.

D

dbo69

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i learned to play poker watching my parents play and watching the WSOP on the TV.

X

xbamagalx

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
:elefant: I started out playing poker when I was a little girl growing up. My dad's family got together on weekends to play poker for real money .25 antes. They played dealers choice mostly, but that meant that we played 5 card stud, 7 card stud, and a little deuces wild and jacks or better. My dad would let me sit in and pay for me to play. I did okay. A couple of years ago I started watching holdem on television. I gradually got highly interested and started searching for online poker sites that had places I could play. I initially began in yahoo and did okay there, but the cyber hogs were annoying and I wanted a site that was poker only. That's when I began to discover sites like poker stars, poker room, poker world, and Ultimate Bet. I generally only play on UB, but have on occasion went to other sites just for a break. I have recently joined jetsetpoker.com and like it much better than the others I have tried. Their tournys are smaller seated and cash prizes for freerolls isn't bad either

BatistaJJ

BatistaJJ

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i learnt to play years ago when i was about 13-14 with my uncles we played £10 each but i got to play for free(yeah) within a year i had to pay as i was getting better (lol they were just really bad) then i stopped but after watch the film rounders i got back into it watched the World Series then went online, god that was a boring story, lol sorry guys

W

wild bill

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I learnt to play on party poker play money tables about 6 months ago.
Then someone told me about freerolls, and now i play all over the nett.

HoosierHuney

HoosierHuney

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I was never a poker player. But from watching my husband and his buddies I learned the basics. I started joining their weekly games and the rest is history.

stunno

stunno

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
They started a showing poker on late night tv over here and I really enjoyed watching it. A couple of months ago a friend convinced me to try playing online, and so far I am really enjoying it!

But to answer the question, I am still learning how to play, mainly at Jetset on the freerolls, as the free tables are full of loonies!

H

hustle16

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Good ol T.v

I first came across poker on T.V proprly . . . id heard all the rage about it but i always thought it would be too hard to learn, but after watching Hellmuth winding up other players, i began to take a bigger interest, its only on at like 11:00 where iam so id be sat watchin till about 2:00am as much as i could before my eyes just shut, then i got my brothers into it and we had a few practise games every now and again, now . . . . im on noble poker EVERY day without fail . . . my dining room table hasnt been eaten off for months because the poker tables on there and i literally have a poker night with my friends around 4 times a week if we dont have exams coming up! :boxing:

t1riel

t1riel

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I learned by watching it on T.V. I knew how to play draw poker before then so it was easy to pick up.

M

MBHall

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Learning to Play

I learned to play with my grandpa. He used to play poker kinda Texas Dolly style, but overseas when he was on tour in WWII. A lot of ppl played in his squad or platoon or whatever it was. I even saw a picture of him holding up stacks of 20s he won at a tournament in the Navy.

He tought me to play when I was 11. Play money of course. From there I progressed to playing with friends for change and then for bills, then I started online and... here I am: 20 times poorer and about 50 times smarter.