mina271

mina271

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
I'm not a fan of going all in preflop, but it always depends on the situation. So who is still in hand and how many stacks do I have and so on. AA is a very strong hand, but this only applies preflop. On the flop, it is possible that there is a completely different situation. I would probably just bet 3BB and then see what goes on the flop. It also depends on how many chips I still have in my hand

alison

alison

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
lately I'm playing all in with AA, KK , QQ, AK, AQ, or when I'm out of chips I play with pairs from 99 to 77 something like that.

Like2Play2

Like2Play2

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
That is what I thought: All in with AA, KK, etc...
But no, some people go all in with 62 off or 82 off or a worse hand that I have on the blinds,
More often than I thought,
Anyways, that's pokerstars for you at Micro level

Oranaro

Oranaro

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Depends, if you're short stack you go all in with what the nash chart says, it's mathematically solved. If you are deep, you can shove oop with premium hands, but sometimes you will most likely call 3 bets/4bets. So if you have AK oop, you can decide to shove, up to 100 deep, you will usually be flipping, but it's better thn having a though spot and being denied equity. IP you will most likely call, you will be able to bluff, slowplay or value. 150bb deep or more, usually be playing postflop, shoving is possible, there re some 4 bet light that you want to call to let him bluff at least on the flop, to win a max, better to do that deep enough and IP.

C

Cooking

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think it depends of a couple of things, like the size of my chipstack, my position and the stage of the tournament. Usually if I'm short stack and no one raised before I go all in with all these hands. If I'm with a good amount of chips, I usually don't go all in, I raise pre flop.

F

Foxie12340

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Is it a: AA, KK, QQ, JJ, 10 10. Or Just AK-A10

Or do you like to check first?

Or maybe even raise?
It depends on whether it’s a cash game or tournament but usually I 3bet

J

JCSmith

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It's all situational. In a tournament once I get to around 20 bb I'm going to shove any premium hand (AK or TT-AA). I might fold TT or JJ depending on the action before me, but other than that I'll just go with them and live with the results. If there is some money in the pot and I have KK or AA I may shove them as far out as 30 bb because it looks like you are trying to buy the pot and sometimes people will call you with a weaker hand due to the dead money in the middle.

In a cash game or earlier on in a poker tournament I'd just 3 or 4 bet them and might just call with TT or JJ. And if they wind up being an overpair I might get more aggressive. If I'm under 15 bb though I'll shove any medium pair or higher if it gets to me unopened and I'll call an all in with probably TT or higher most of the time.

I do think you should be raising your big hands most of the time. Not only for value, but to limit how many players get to the flop ideally to just one person if they don't fold preflop. Otherwise you wind up in tricky spots post-flop if people get aggressive with you. In low stake games they could be doing that with top pair which is what you want. It's tougher against better players though as they may be bluffing or more often than not they flopped two pair or a set. So I'm happy to just steal the pot preflop. You can make an argument for slow playing aces if you are in late position and the board is unopened. Other than that it's too risky imo.

Jogo4

Jogo4

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
whenever the amount of chips is below the recommended amount to call a hand,

Timmah120

Timmah120

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Personally, if I am holding AA or KK and it gets to heads up and there are 3-bets or 4-bets, I will shove. QQ, I'll just call after a 4-bet just in case my opponent *may* have AA, KK, or AK, because it does happen. If I have a read on this particular opponent and he has a history of playing loose-aggressive, I might go all-in with weaker holdings after a 4-bet raise. Stack size matters too....if you are short, you should be more willing to get it in under the right conditions.

One thing you have to remember is that if you have more players in the hand (or can potenially be in the hand) when you shove, your AA and KK odds go way down. Heads up is best preflop for a shove.

As with everything in poker, a question like this cannot be answered easily. It all depends.

F

Frankyy97

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
I go all in with 10 bb left very wide. But if I have more bb left then I try to just go all in with the nuts or as a bluff I know the oppenent don't hit good cards.

zamana80

zamana80

Enthusiast
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I am going all in when i am feeling bored and don't want to seat 4-5 hours to win $10 maybe.
Sometimes i decide to risk and push as bluff!
But i realized that there is no sense to push on preflop even with great cards because you will scare your opponents and only win 1,5 bb.

ADRI7HO

ADRI7HO

On the road...
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If my chips are low and the situation is like that, I go all-in with anything and don't wait for the blinds to eat.
Otherwise, every allin depends on the given circumstances, because there are players (for example loose, aggressive but weak playing power) against whom I will even give the allin with A,x or 66, 77, 88 pairs.
I always adapt to the table and the players.
Good luck. (y)

N

No Bologna

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
When the time is right. When is the right time? You need to watch the action, evaluate the players, see who plays weak (usually a bully) and strike when you have a good hand. Some fools go all in early in a tournament trying to chip up, nail em!

Baldy86

Baldy86

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
the range of starting hands where i will go all in with depends on many things . but most importantly on how big my stack is . and also what kind of players i am facing and how many . also position

example :

it is a tournament and i am shortstacked and get A-T . i will move all in

it is a tournament and i have a decent stack and get A-Js and a player goes all in and i dont have much more chips than him : i fold ....even if it is a loose player

another example :

cash game and i have a big stack and get dealt A-Ts and a loose players moves all in and i have him covered . I call

cash game and i have a decent stack and get dealt AK and a player goes all in . i fold . especially when it is a tight player

so it depends on several factors

T

To6Po6

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BG
Chips
Every time depends:small stack, playing for Bounty and etc.!

R

ROYALROAD

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It all depends on the situation at the time.
Even a high-pocket pair doesn't mean you're going to be all-in.

maxivega

maxivega

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
it all depends on the moment. you can't always expect a premium hand to go all in. 1 Ace when you are short stacked is enough.