kunkgreen

kunkgreen

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
To call: only from bigblind, maybe at late position...
...but it's too complicated to simplify summarizing just for concrete actions... poker is much more complicated than that.

Just wait for decent hands and work with more 3bets than calls (if that's the game you want).
But what would be the point of wanting to call with low equity hands?!

Kerasuss28

Kerasuss28

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
NL
Chips
There is no bad hand, you have a made hand or not i think , example you have 7/8 of suite and on the flop you hit a pair and straight draw , you wil win 3out of 5 this hands and make nice profits , just keep pot smal Till you have a made hand in this case and overbet Maybe when you made the hand.. good luck , this is some serious advice you can not find in pokerbooks ,took me 15years to figure out to play like this 😂😂🤟🍀🍀good luck

Rahatis

Rahatis

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Don't play the hand, play the player. Sorry, I thought we were talking about poker for a moment.

istbno

istbno

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
In poker, there can be situations where calling with a seemingly bad hand can be a profitable decision. These situations typically arise when the pot odds are favorable, meaning the potential payoff outweighs the cost of the call. Here are a few scenarios where calling with a weaker hand can be justified:

1. Pot Odds: If the pot is offering attractive odds relative to the cost of the call, it can be profitable to call with a weaker hand. For example, if the pot is large and you only need to contribute a small portion of your stack to call, it may be worth it to see if you can improve your hand with the community cards.
  2. Implied Odds: Sometimes, the potential future gains from hitting a strong hand outweigh the immediate odds. This concept is known as implied odds. If you believe that if you hit a certain card, you can win a significant amount of chips from your opponents, even though the immediate odds may not be in your favor, it can be reasonable to call with a weaker hand.
  3. Multi-way Pots: In situations where multiple players are involved in the hand, the potential payoff can increase, making it more favorable to call with a weaker hand. The more players in the pot, the larger the potential pot size and the greater the chance of winning a significant amount if you improve your hand.
  4. Bluff Induction: Calling with a weaker hand can sometimes be used strategically to induce bluffs from opponents. By representing weakness, you may entice aggressive players to bluff, allowing you to win the pot even if your hand is not strong.
It's important to note that these situations require careful analysis and consideration of the specific circumstances, including the strength of your opponents, your position at the table, and the overall dynamics of the game. Calling with a bad hand should not be done recklessly but rather as a calculated decision based on the potential for positive expected value.

Ruslan L

Ruslan L

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Sometimes i dont get good hands, i wondering when i should go anyways.
If you rely only on luck, then hoping for good results is probably futile in the long run. Anyone can play with garbage, but only a few can be patient and wait for good cards.

fullclock

fullclock

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Sometimes bad cards can win you tournaments and a lot of money. But it's not always recommended to play those hands as you'll lose more money than you can win.

okeedokalee

okeedokalee

Glory To Ukraine
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
NZ
Chips
If you get below 10BBs you have to widen both your all-in and calling range. Try and do it against a loose player as their ranges are wider.

luckyfish98

luckyfish98

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
LV
Chips
there are practically no bad hands in poker, there is only a good or bad combination in poker, the combination is formed from 7 cards, for example, from limit holdem, it is important for the player to always find the best combination, therefore, in poker there are raise check and fold options

Pokerpoet2

Pokerpoet2

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Sometimes even bad cards can win, I once played 9/3 off on the BB. I wasn't raised so I just checked, the flop came 9,3,3 and I checked again, one of the other players shoved all-in and of course I called. Now he could have the other two 9s in his hand, but no! he had pocket 10s, he still could have beaten me with a 10 on the Turn or River but it never came.
The thing is he made the mistake of not raising before the Flop, had he done that I would have folded my hand pre-flop not expecting 9/3 could possibly be a good hand, but stranger things do happen in Poker!
Someone I was playing against in a Tournament Shoved all-in with A/K suited, We were heads up on the Final table and I snap-called without looking at my cards, the reason was I was chip leader with over 90% of the chips and he only had 2 BBs left, the dealer turned both hands over and my opponent laughed at my 6/2 off, but I spiked a 2 on the River and won the Tournament.
The point is any two cards can win! and any two cards can lose! you just have to be Lucky sometimes, The skill in poker comes from being able to bluff with the worse hands, and make them believe you are bluffing when you have the "Nuts" so they call your Nut hand!
Patience is a Virtue! but it is very important in Poker! Don't kick yourself when you fold 7/2 off and the flop drops 2,2,2, It can happen but if the "Villain" is sat with A/A there is nothing stopping the Turn and River dropping the last two Aces. I have seen similar hands in Live games.

Just be Patient.

Gallarado777

Gallarado777

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
if you have weak hands, then play medium hands from middle and late positions simply or find players weaker than you and play against them more aggressively you will do it better and better every time just try not only the cards decide but also the position and the players against you, and from the late positions you have a lot of hands to play

Barbeit0

Barbeit0

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
AR
Chips
I think, after read everything, the most important thing to play weak hands is our stack and our position in table. We can gamble a litbit when we are loosing

Don't play the hand, play the player. Sorry, I thought we were talking about poker for a moment.
I like this, Poker is all about thinking, right? We need to calculate our chances againts that player in that moment.

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
When your bad hand is better than villain's good hand.
When you have fold equity.

When the site is rigged in your favour... then you can play any hands and they will still always win!

Barbeit0

Barbeit0

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
AR
Chips
When your bad hand is better than villain's good hand.
When you have fold equity.

When the site is rigged in your favour... then you can play any hands and they will still always win!
You are brilliant. Thank for nothing go to another th kiddi

MrCryJoker

MrCryJoker

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I see only one way to enter with a bad hand, when you need a small amount from the heavy stack on BB. If your bank odds are good, then you can call on any 2 cards.

WrongUsername

WrongUsername

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
with the right odds it´s always correct to call =)
for some bounties too

jonaselloco

jonaselloco

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
There are no bad hands in poker.
But there are hands that have superiority over the others.
In general it depends a lot on the positions in which you play your hands.
As it is, if you have a monster hand in UTG it is not the same as having it in SB. I'm talking about how in UTG you can openraise with a monster hand but in SB after everyone folded it's not advisable to do so. Unless you know that you have in BB a player who systematically goes all-in in all his hands.
If you in Sb have a passive player to your left, logically if you make an openraise he will pay you for 1 blind and you really don't even know if you can win the hand with AA.
The idea is that you, having powerful hands, face another opponent who may also have a powerful hand and play it, not that they play you with junk hands, which can be transformed into a great hand.
You have to understand that many times preflop many players go all-in for various reasons.
1) Maybe you have a short stack and want to double down
2) Maybe you have passive players at the table who make systematic openraises and you don't want them seeing a flop with their trash hand to beat you
3) You may have serial callers, which causes your big hand to far exceed their ranges.
I once read a player who said don't be afraid to go allin under certain circumstances and he's actually right.
Greetings compatriot:):):)

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands