What's the best way to handle wet boards?

Andyreas

Andyreas

Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
Dear forum,

I know the question is quite wide but I would like to discuss three different cases here and would love some input of you. :)

Case 1: Wet board & no hit/draw
In this case, let's assume we raised Preflop, got at least one caller and we didn't connect to the flop. Based on the CardsChat training course we should retain from c-betting here. That's also what I usually do except I am very deep even if it gives the opponent(s) a free card. Any disagreements?

Case 2: Wet board & top pair

This is the most complicated case for me and I definitely need to get a good strategy here. Let's assume we raised pre-flop from early/mid positionand got a caller of late position/the blinds and we hit top pair on this wet board having only two colours. How to handle this case the best?
If we do not bet for our top pair, we risk to get drawn out. But what's a good size for the bet? Regular bet of 1/3-1/2 of pot? Or make it smaller to not loose too many chips in case of hit drawn by opponent? Or bet bigger to give the caller not the right odds to call? :unsure:

Case 3: Wet board & we have the draw
Let's assume we called from late positions holding some mid-high suited connectors and hit a flush draw on the flop. What to do if opponent doesn't c-bet? Is it better to take the free card or bet for a bigger pot in case we hit our draw? I often decided for the latter but then my draw didn't materialize. :cry::ROFLMAO:

I'd definitely appreciate your input on any or all of the cases. :)

I can imagine there's still many things to consider but any guidance will be helpful.

D0nk3y Hunt3r

D0nk3y Hunt3r

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Seriously though, there are only two cases, when you play equity then just go with the best hand trying to extract as much chips as possible, this works for volume, the other case is using your villain image to play the player.

okeedokalee

okeedokalee

Glory To Ukraine
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
NZ
Chips
1. If the wet board contains high cards, cbet, you are representing a big hand pre.
2. Depends on the style of your caller, usually cbet 3/4 pot to shut out the draws.
3. With a nut flush draw, you need to disguise your strong hand. Check back and take the free card. Hopefully on the turn the Villain will make the running for you on the turn.

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands