thedarkman

thedarkman

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
In fact, I don't know much about all these terms🙈, but I perceive all the examples given as "bad beat". 🤷‍♀️
After all, in fact, "bad beat" is when we are far ahead, but in the end, we lose to a weaker hand on the river.

All-in pre-flop with a pair and losing to any smaller pair is a bad beat.
AK suited all-in pre-flop losing to AK is a truly bad beat.

Any pair all-in pre-flop losing to the same pair - around 2% is a truly bad beat.

Losing to a 2 outer or 1 outer on the river is a truly bad beat.

In time this will happen to you if it hasn't already.

georgi krastev

georgi krastev

Legendary Donk-Fish
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BG
Chips
That's sounds logicaly...

A losing a hand that you were a (big) favorite to win, “I suffered a really bad beat when I moved all-in with my pocket aces and John hit his runner-runner flush”

B

boxwaxer

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
CA
Chips
Flopping top set of queens .9,q,6…turn is a 9 opponent jams and show 96. River is you guessed it 9. From top set to boat only to lose to runner runner 4 of a kind

elchonga

elchonga

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
I think it's when you have a winning hand against a losing hand and surprisingly on the river you lose and with a poorly paid bet on the losing hand.
I also think that we all win many times with a bad beat but we only remember the ones we lost.

sibkaz

sibkaz

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
It's when you first get a straight flush, go to ollin , and then he gets beaten by a flush royal...).

Lena M

Lena M

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
These are the times when I had a good, strong, promising hand, but one of my opponents with a weaker hand won. Sometimes it's sad :(

hyfl

hyfl

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
To me the worst bad beat is when I wait and wait playing against loose, aggressive player, I'm getting finally AA, going all in, he calls with 72o and wins with quads 2222

W

WellAA

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Well, everyone has a bad beat history to tell, and I think a stronger hand losing to a weaker hand all-in pre-flop is bad beat isn't it? happened to me last month or so, got pair JJ at UTG, just raised 2x. button called, SB raised 5x, BB called, I called, button folded. 3 handed, flop came Qj2, I thought well never folding, SB bet half pot, I just called the button folds, came 10 on the turn, the guy checked, then I thought better just check behind and see the river, him could get the straight right now, and then comes the river with the last J. The opponent just went all-in, I just need to call baby. and he shown pocket queens full-house queens over jacks. And I happily shown pocket jacks with Four of a kind. the poor guy just couldn't believe. Was this a bad beat, I think so. What do You think?

pavel1111111

pavel1111111

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
well ...I quess a bad beat is when you are ahead before the river and your opponent had 1-2 outs :)...been there , done that ...yeahhh ...i suffered a lot and put a lot of passion ....now I am just chilling :)

O

odonob

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Runner runner to lose with a .01% chance of occurring is a bad beat. I have seen many of these lately.

dongato2

dongato2

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It is simply the bad event of losing when you have a high probability of winning, but it is part of the game and you have to see it that way otherwise you start to get frustrated.

Leandro6803

Leandro6803

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I believe that a bad bet is when you have a hand that is more than 75% likely to win and end up losing until the river.
for example you are on the button with a pair of 55 and you call the UTG villain's raise with a pair of JJ.

on the flop opens 2 9 5

you make three of 5

the villain bets and you make a 3-bet and the villain decides to bet everything.

on the turn opens A

and on the River J

you lost the hand even though you had a good chance of winning.

Ruslan L

Ruslan L

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
As far as I understand a bad beat, this is when I had a stronger hand than my opponent, but I was unlucky.

R

Recreationalplayer

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Bad beat is when the opponent beats you with less equity hand but gets there on turn or river

gabryyyel31

gabryyyel31

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
There is good news and bad news about bad beats. The good news is that it doesn't happen to you alone, and the bad news is that it will happen to you again, as long as you play poker. What is important is how you manage them and what you learn from these hands. Therefore bad beats happen to everyone. Even if you’re lucky so far, you’ll eventually have a bad beat. They’re a part of poker. Unless you plan to end your poker career, you should learn to take them in stride. You may have missed this big payout, but the next one is still waiting for you.

What should be remembered is that the best poker players still have the advantage. Even though bad beats happen, luck is no substitute for skill, strategy, and experience. Take your unfortunate loss and focus your energy on the next game.

19aleks57

19aleks57

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
In my opinion, the bad beat is an integral part of poker, which competes with Lady Luck, which turns a mediocre hand into a winner.

makisaa

makisaa

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
You develop a winning hand, and things seem to lean to your win, and there are only a few possibilities for another hand which gives the win to the opponent. There you invest to that situation! Bad beat is when you play the hand and those a few possibilities for that other hand come true at the river!

EddMaster

EddMaster

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
The worst bad beat would be pocket KK vs AX, with flop KKA, then turn A, river A. Not been in that position before but that would truly suck!!

Other than that Quads over Quads in general, or straight flush over quads or straight flush. Those are the true bad beats.

Anything else is still bad, but it’s all situational. ✌🏼

EmptyHouse

EmptyHouse

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
PL
Chips
In my opinion, a bad beat is a loss when you have a large advantage pre-flop or on the flop.
For example, on the flop we have a straight, and our opponent on the turn and river is given cards (runner runner) to a stronger hand, e.g. a flush or a full house. Then it's a bad beat.

Goggelheimer

Goggelheimer

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
So it is a rule that is more or less clearly stated.
This is a quote from the pokerstars website:

“A bad beat occurs when the supposedly losing player's hand only had a 1 to 10 percent chance of winning and then still wins.”
Additionally the point where all the money went into the pot had to be when the supposedly winning hand was clearly ahead.
So in the constructed example, the money had to go in before the river.

Like this constructed Hand:

And the final board:

louuu19

louuu19

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
people tend to confuse coolers and bad beats

Arthurinacio17a

Arthurinacio17a

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I think when you've ended up all in on the flop and the player has needed a runner runner that's usually a bad beat! Also an all in on the turn and the other player needs to hit one or two cards to win.

billibooo

billibooo

thudlife
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I think a bad beat is when you have the nuts early but the community cards take you down <3 I think anything in that realm would be considered a bad beat. <3