What % Do You Win With AA?

J

Jonb0324

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You have to pre flop bet to get the trash out.

C

CallmeFloppy

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I am not sure what my percentage is, I would have to have to go and check.

I do think that many players think that they should win 85% of the time regardless of how many people are in the hand or how they play it. If you have and allow multiple people to get into pots with you while you have AA, you are going to have a lower win percentage.

M

molokheia

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi There

What i`ve seen is 80/85 with me

Rgds

H

HungryLyan

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I reckon it's about 80% but that depends then on how many opponents I'm up against. When it's 2 other players or 3 it drops to about 65%. This is in preflop situations.

V

vittopio

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Odds say AA should win 85% of hands heads-up vs a single opponent pre-flop.

Somewhat surprisingly though your odds of winning heads-up vs. 2-7 off are only 88.2%.

I tend to hear a lot of comments regarding ... I do not do well with AA... ok, what hand would you rather have? lol...:rolleyes: Granted, it is not a guaranteed winner, but what hand is?

I am showing that in the last 164 times that I have had AA, I have won 143 (87.2%). So pretty much inline with expectations, but I would also say I definitely do not always launch to isolate against 1 or 0 players (perhaps I should, but just saying I have not).

Interested to hear what others have to say ... about AA...

Best of Luck at The Tables All,

CheezeWiz
This is the best hand in hold'em! Isn't 80% enough? It's just that it is much worse in multi-slots, but it is never an outsider!

zwbb

zwbb

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think this figure will be around 80%.

MikeCarasone

MikeCarasone

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
They win about 80% of the time. Although some of those wins are insignificant because nobody calls a raise or 3bet. The losses seem to sting more because they often are very big pots, Usually an all in pre flop situation.

CheezeWiz

CheezeWiz

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Percentage AA Wins at Showdown?

Its natural, that AA will win a lower percentage of the time, if we go to showdown. This is because, we usually bet the hand for value, and when we do so, we contort our opponents range, so that in the end only the strongest part of it is left. However if we are good 76% of the time when called on the river, we are still solidly valuebetting.

Thank you for that thoughtful and insightful post. I nervously checked my stats on that and found that I am pretty much inline. I have won 63 of 79 hands with AA at showdown (79.7%). That is a sample size of 165 instances of having AA, winning 144 (87.3%). 39,158 total hands.

Although I consider myself a "decent" recreational player, I am beginning to wonder if AA is the only hand I play well? :confused:

Best of Luck at The Tables All!

CheezeWiz

MoCoSolo

MoCoSolo

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My problem is a lot of the times I have AA, everyone including BB folds pre-flop. So yes, you can count the win, but it's when people hit flops that'll get you in trouble. Does your tracker show how many bb you've averaged with AA? That's more interesting for me as you can take some heavy beats when you do lose.

psihoz35

psihoz35

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

I rarely fold AA and most of the times they run over me, you need to learn how to fold AA <and play them correctly

ZPfBTNanAAAAAElFTkSuQmCC

[COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.54)]
[COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.54)][/COLOR]

[/COLOR]

Jon Poker

Jon Poker

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The problem with AA is not how often you win but how much you loose. Loosing your whole stack with AA is a common thing from overplaying them. AA is just a pair unless you hit something on the board.

Its quite often the best hand, but probably the most overplayed hand in the game as well -- the problem people get into is calling off AAs to a turn check-shove on a QJ9T board....AAs are just never really good in spots like that but people pay them off anyways. Good discipline goes along way in this game - so while AAs are going to win us a ton of pots over the long term - when they become bluff catchers we need to treat them as such.

A

andrezito38

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I honestly don't know my percentage, but I have a lot of difficulty playing AA at the beginning of a tournament when I'm very deep.

AizenFalck

AizenFalck

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It is supposed to be 80% but the truth in poker stars, anyone who plays on that platform can tell you that it is not like that, hopefully you win 6 out of 10 hands with a pair of aces. The ridiculous thing is to lose against the most miserable hands possible in an all in, example 37, obnoxious.

N

Neural

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
It´s solo
1x1
sometimes could be (70 - 30)%
sometimes could be (90 - 10)%
It´s relative

S

suitedsadness

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It is supposed to be 80% but the truth in Poker Stars, anyone who plays on that platform can tell you that it is not like that, hopefully you win 6 out of 10 hands with a pair of aces. The ridiculous thing is to lose against the most miserable hands possible in an all in, example 37, obnoxious.

The problem you experience in this situation is that KsQs has 17.68% equity against AdAh, while 7s3s has 18.31% equity according to equilab, so you expect 7s3s to win more often anyway.

S

suitedsadness

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes aces is expected to have about 85% equity against a 21% range, but a lot of people dont take into account blockers. For example, AdAh has 82.32% equity against KsQs, but only 76.98% equity against 8s7s. A factor that leads to this finding is that fact that for the KsQs, the aces block the nut straight, giving only 2 outs where there would normally be 4 or sometimes 3.

O

Oksana55

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
AA is good, but game relations are 75% -25%

J

J_NoXiD

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I’m not a big fan of AA it seams like i tend to only win with AA pushing preflop about 50% of the time and 75% of the time if I let the flop come out. I like playing AK suited better and tend to have a higher win percentage both preflop or after the flop has come out rather then playing AA. It also does not make much of a difference if I bet high or push all in playing either hand.

antonis32123

antonis32123

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
I do not know exact percentage , but I am satisfied , i have no problems with my pocket rockets :) I protect them very much preflop , as sneaky as possible in tournaments , in freerolls a little difficult . I don't want to think percentages , 80% , 85-88% , I like the idea that Aces win most of the times

C

Cinhos_2000

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I can't say the percentage, but I'm sure it's pretty high. When all in pre flop my winning rate id probsbly somewhere 80ish%, but I win it a lo of times pre flop and post flop aswell so at the end i guess I win somewhere between 84-87% of the times.

C

Cinhos_2000

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't have software to analyze my games, so I base my statistics on what I remember and the impressions I have of the games.

I have the impression that my AAs are not being profitable properly, it is common for players to fold before I even act, when I am playing from the blinds, however much I keep an equal game when I have a strong hand or a weak hand, to try to hinder reading the villains, it seems to me that my return when I have AA is low, I prefer to play low pairs or suited or connected hands, when I manage to complete a hand I usually have a higher return than when I hold AA preflop, but I say this by my impressions , without any software analyzing my history.
Well just try to play this hand differently. If everyone folds when you're aggressive with pocket aces you're probablt not beeing aggressive with other holdings. The key to success is mixing your hands so it's harder to read you.

gena31

gena31

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RU
Chips
somewhere 80-90%, and it all depends on how and when to play them. Very often I see how players trying to hit more, passive with aces and then usually lose

elizeuof

elizeuof

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Well just try to play this hand differently. If everyone folds when you're aggressive with pocket aces you're probablt not beeing aggressive with other holdings. The key to success is mixing your hands so it's harder to read you.
I try to play all hands equally to make it difficult for my opponents to read. Every day I'm trying to play differently and testing the reactions, sometimes it happens that the opponents give up before my action and I win the hand without even betting when I'm at BB, in these cases I don't even get to play so I can't do anything else.

L

Laynester

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You have to gauge the amount of chips you have vs the chips of the hand vs the chips of MAJOR. The dynamics of the game depend on the moment at hand. It's very difficult to make a call on that. Thank you for your time....

T

thefly1973

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well you could also ask the following questions ;
How many did you win with AA
When you preflop raise and nobody call or 3bets --> almost nothing
In what position can it be played with the most value?
How big is the 3-bet you place?

ANy suggestions/remarks