What do you recommend to learn to play poker... books or videos?

gonza1036

gonza1036

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
AR
Chips
What do you recommend for learning how to play poker... books or videos?

I want to learn how to play poker and not what is the best option

GERSteven

GERSteven

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
i learned most of it from videos. I find books exhausting at poker:)

szabbancsbet

szabbancsbet

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
HU
Chips
I think you can learn the most from your own experiences

Captainine9

Captainine9

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Every content is good, if consumed with a certain frequency, to add to our gameplay. I recommend watching pro player streams

B

bananovsky1999

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I think videos are better to understand how the game is played today and books are nice to understand the history and evolution of the game

For example, if you read Super System, it will be outdated in many aspects, but it is great to get to know some history

riff_raff312

riff_raff312

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I've tried both books and videos then i found this and give it a try:
and found it helped me a lot with my quest to go from 2 figure bankroll to 3 and soon the be 4!

Gallarado777

Gallarado777

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
I think a lot of people share someone like to do it by reading and they understand and remember better. Some people remember from videos so it's up to you to choose how you perceive information better if through video then choose this option most people choose this option

otters

otters

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Watching videos definitely.
Then put into practice what you have learned by playing lots of poker. I started with micro stakes and sit and go's. This worked for me and I'm sure some of our more experienced members will give you some great advice.
Most of all enjoy your time and don't get angry if it doesn't go your way all of the time. 👍

R

Recreationalplayer

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Videos are more engaging and effective in learning poker. Books work for avid readers.

GERSteven

GERSteven

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
There are many interesting videos, I don't have any special ones, but I also watch a lot of the pros, that's what brought me the most. Lex is a good example. and here in the CC you can also learn a lot.

Z

zipocool

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

Hi, the books are outdated for a long time, at the initial stage, I would recommend the videos that are freely available, if you play tournaments, you will learn a lot from the Bencb course, and then gradually you can already work with solvers

MK_

MK_

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
US
Chips
I think it depends on what works best for you, ... there are a lot of streamers on twitch and you tube that may help you to see how pros play and why they make the moves they make, books are great for basic technical info(y)

gonza1036

gonza1036

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
AR
Chips
I think it depends on what works best for you... there are a lot of streamers on Twitch and YouTube who can help you see how the professionals play and why they make the moves they do, books are great for getting basic technical information. (and)

Thanks I'm going to look for players on Twich and it's a very good option

amonlima

amonlima

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
You will always really learn from someone who has mastered the game or has enough experience to pass. Books are not a good option for those who want to learn to play poker for real, they can even help you, giving you directions on how to study poker, however, nothing compares with someone with in-depth knowledge of poker to teach you.

M

Murph1969

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I prefer books because you can make notes and reread.

najjah166

najjah166

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Both, you have to read poker books to improve your technique and watch videos, because just watching videos while watching the best days win incredible hands and the next day you say to yourself go I'm going to do like this great player with my 65s and make a nice move and well think again it will never happen because this player had to go through a lot of stages before arriving at making these genius moves. So you have to study hard and watch videos, if you are not a fan of books, try books in Kindel, it's a very practical and pleasant way to study wherever you are better than books as a subject.

christovam

christovam

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I think that videos of tournaments and reviews are better for learning than books.

X

Xcalibur

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
I've already written somewhere, but I'll say it again. Books have been written for a very long time, and poker does not stand still. Books don't have as much depth as videos and solvers

gardin555

gardin555

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
h

Hi Gonza, welcome to CardsChat!
I would like to recommmend to you read: "Become a winning poker player in 30 days"
This is a great CardsChat Poker Course and very complete to learn from zero if you dont know nothing about poker or improve your game in case you have some knowledge of poker game.
You can read some autors in your language like Carreño for example, its a basic knowledge of poker but its good to starting too.
The videos always complements the knowledge and they are updatying daily or weekly.
There are a lot of professionals poker at social media posting sections of poker played or teaching about it.
Take a look at CardsChat - youtube

Greetings! Good luck! :)

A kiravio

A kiravio

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
here again opinions are divided, certainly the last generations will learn more easily from video tutorials, while those 20-30 years older will find it easier to learn from books and will spend more time to understand it