What do you prefer to have in your hand? AT or KQ?

Lerts

Lerts

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I rather go with KQ, two broadways, high percentage of pairing on the flop and also being connectors makes for the chance of having a drawing hand, if suited has the higher potential for catching a flush draw or straight flush draw in comparison with the A10 suited. So, gimme KQ

eulukaas1

eulukaas1

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In preflop I like hand A 10 more.

Thank you for reply.

I rather go with KQ, two broadways, high percentage of pairing on the flop and also being connectors makes for the chance of having a drawing hand, if suited has the higher potential for catching a flush draw or straight flush draw in comparison with the A10 suited. So, gimme KQ

Thank you for reply. You think well.

Last edited by a moderator:
jsnake716

jsnake716

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Which cards of poker you would help more in the pre-flop? A,10 OR K,Q?

I believe you asked about pre-flop?? Well, A 10 is the better hand pre-flop?? An A is higher than a K, pretty straight-forward. Depending on the game and the situation, KQ if suited does play well post-flop

I think what you are really saying is that KQ is a "favorite" hand. When people have some belief that a certain hand is lucky, and that is fine if you have those beliefs. When people ask me about favorite hand?? I say that is easy Pocket AA's haha

C

Click400

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
KQ (can be affair) seems to me more solid, to enter with AT I must consult the behavior of other players and my position.

eulukaas1

eulukaas1

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
KQ (can be affair) seems to me more solid, to enter with AT I must consult the behavior of other players and my position.

Thank you for the answer and for your explanation.

T

Two6JJ

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I will take the A10, especially if it is suited.

P

PLAYFUL1

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
A 10 is the usual pick says Playful:p

theRaven68

theRaven68

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i prefer AT cause A is higher than K but with both hands i play cautiously

Emixilian

Emixilian

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
For me is A10 , probably because i winned a lot of hands with this cards ^_^ huehue

T

trugrynda

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
A 10 all day long!!I don't seem to get any luck with two face cards lol several times I called a shove with two face cards late on in tourney n it's always a pocket pair n my card don't come or A 6 or something similer that goes on to win by high card. I no longer call all in shoves with 2 face cards but I would A 10

J

Jacob123

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
A 10 is statically the better hand. That's what I'd go for

alienat3d

alienat3d

easy-going alien grinder
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Both are good for the steal or heads-up and for nothing more. Both are easily dominated and hard to play postflop. I would like to take the binds with such hands not being called.
p.s. Although have to admit AT has even more hands to be dominated by and hands against you are in very bad shape: AJ,AQ,AK,TT,JJ,QQ,KK,AA. With KQ however you must be scared only of: AK,AQ,QQ,KK,AA, not bad chances against AJ, AT 40% to 60% about and have even coin flip against JJ & TT. So considering that, if you compare those two hands, KQ looks better although it has only 40% against any Ace.. The problem with KQ is that many donks play any Ace-rag to hit the ace on a river. But as i said at the beginning, for me it's good hands for steal or resteal or heads-up play. For postflop play, especially without position they are too weak.

Last edited:
tihomir_kula

tihomir_kula

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BG
Chips
If we play with open cards, with A10 I shall play aggressively against KD

BlackJesus

BlackJesus

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
KQ, certainly. AT has quite weak kicker if the ace hits ad so there is possibility to lose notable amount of chips. With KQ its much more safe, unless, of course, an ace hits the board. It also doesnt take a hero to fold KQ if nothing hits.

P

PKRNRS

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I put both these hands about even. They're but are dangerous but can be played for a profit at the right table.

K

Kassandra677

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Any high hand is good to have on the table, I like them all )))))

Matanzima

Matanzima

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I prefer A / 10

Funny fact I had seen this topic before and playing today witnessed two K / Q knocking down exactly A / 10

MinisterBobby

MinisterBobby

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
AT, assuming both are suited and or os. Either way Im picking AT, if it goes to show down Ace high beats king high. And you can not have a straight without a ten or a five so you have backdoor chances plus the blocker to said KQ

P

peterpam

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
K, Q for sure because even if you pair then 10s then there is still a jack, queen and king that can beat you. with Ace, ten you have to pair the Aces to win.

N

NKSJP04

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I prefer the one that gives me the nuts! Overall, why wouldn't you want ace high oppose to king high?

eulukaas1

eulukaas1

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
K, Q for sure because even if you pair then 10s then there is still a jack, queen and king that can beat you. with Ace, ten you have to pair the Aces to win.

Thanks for the reply.

Any high hand is good to have on the table, I like them all )))))

Thanks for the reply. Happy Birthday !!! Women's Day

Last edited by a moderator:
L

LFC_yllnwa

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
against 1 or 2 opponents I would prefer AT having more players in the KQ can call all-in ;)

T's not the kicker of what is to come still in the game :(

S

sekcapilniqt

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I prefer KQ IN FRONT OF A10

Alexandr Svinarshyk

Alexandr Svinarshyk

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm not an aggressive player, and I go to the flop with these cards if not someone does not put allyn

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands