ObbleeXY

ObbleeXY

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Thank you in advance for your contribution.

The issue of playing only value hands, will limit you in the tournaments, which often the antes will end up with your stack without giving you a chance to wait for the so dreamed cards.
Otherwise, I believe that in certain situations it is profitable to play these hands, even BB.

Dunno....came second in CC League tonight...seems to be working...

telespf

telespf

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Good argument

I think about this.

But, other player have good arguments about the number of opponents there are in the hand.

Maybe, with little opponents in the play, is better have A2.

10-8 suited definitely

because :

1. more likely to make a flush

2. when hitting an ace with the A-2o you can get into trouble while hitting a 10 or 8 you can get away from it more easily

3. straight possibility . i know you can make a straight with A-2 too . but with T-8 you can make straights from 6 to Q using both cards

telespf

telespf

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
No bluff

In your case,

Seem you can’t to try bluff because of your bad position in this case.

Or you think that T8 can give more opportunities for a semibluff in the hand?!

Or you prefer doesn’t bluff hands in this game?!

You think the same condition independent of the poker tournament or poker cash game?!

This is a tough one. I find both of these hands to be problematic. I don't like playing weak aces. With A-2 off in particular, you're either looking to hit an Ace or precisely a 3, 4, and 5. Of course you're going to be ahead pre-flop and your hand only needs to hold up. But how confident are you going to be with just Ace high and a weak kicker if you don't connect. If you do hit your Ace, it's going to be hard to be hard to be confident that your opponent doesn't also have an Ace and have you outkicked. If you hit your deuce, then you're holding bottom pair and every card that comes out and doesn't connect with your hand is going to be an over card to your pair, potentially making your opponent a bigger pair.

In my mind, 8-10 suited, being situated closer to the middle of the deck, seems more likely to connect, as well as create straight and flush draw opportunities. But 8-10 suited, with it's potential for creating so many drawing opportunities, is often going to create enough equity to keep you in the hand and chasing draws, that if you're me, very seldom seem to get there. But if I had to make a choice, I think that I would choose the 8-10 suited.

Luvepoker

Luvepoker

Lost in the twilight zone
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Overall I would prefer the T8s. With this hand there are going to be more flops that can help you by giving you a hand or a great draw. While A2o can flop you the best hand it can also be very dangerous. Flopping the ace you are way ahead of there hand or your out kicked. Are you really going to be happy when calling a bet here or even getting called if you bet out? probably not. While I would not fold either hand preflop in the situation you described, I again would rather hand the T8s.

Happylake

Happylake

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
What do you prefer?

Hi bro! Quite an interesting question. Let's figure it out. 1) I am on BB and I have A2 (if I have different matches and a raise was made, I fold) 2) If A2 is one-suited and raise, then I fold., if all call, then I either raise (if the table is passive) and check if aggressive. 2) 10x if 10-9s-then call, if raise then fold. The situations in the tournament and the cash game are very different from each other, here it is necessary according to the situation. Good luck bro in the game!

Navin Sarabjeet

Navin Sarabjeet

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
SR
Chips
You are in BB.

The hand come for you without raise!

What do prefer in your hand?! A2 off or 10 x 8 suite ?!

Why?!
Is good in your situation bet before flop?!
Bet on tournament ou bet in cash game?!

Or only fold?!?

A2s imo is a great 3-bet bluff hand.
A suited nut hand is always way better than a "playable" suited connector:deal: