telespf

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You are in BB.

The hand come for you without raise!

What do prefer in your hand?! A2 off or 10 x 8 suite ?!

Why?!
Is good in your situation bet before flop?!
Bet on tournament ou bet in cash game?!

Or only fold?!?

PatriceM915

PatriceM915

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Mano I didn't understand your question very well but I will answer what I understood ok Brazilian brother I know where from what state but your question I will answer.

I tend to get into every hand if I'm over 100 BB then I go into every hand.
But if I have 70 BB then I start selecting the hands that come in preflop.

But in your game case I think I would go with 10 and 8 with 1 BB and this hand of A2 is very dangerous since it falls on several tables because of A2.

So good luck to us at the tournaments and have a great week.

Z

zhilipp

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
For me it really depends. How many players limbed in and why did nobody raise? Can you make most of them fold with a bet or will they all call and you have to play a bloated pot with a not so strong hand.

liuouhgkres

liuouhgkres

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
KH
Chips
I prefer T8s, better playability postflop.

telespf

telespf

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Same cards x different hand

So, I understoo that we need analyst every situation. We can’t to play conform tha cards in hand.
We need to think about agressive opponent and position and size our stack, all other situation in the table.

We need more calm.

For me it really depends. How many players limbed in and why did nobody raise? Can you make most of them fold with a bet or will they all call and you have to play a bloated pot with a not so strong hand.

black and

black and

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Personally, such garbage brings me only disappointment. But of course it all depends on the situation. In general, I prefer to minimize risks and play with strong cards.

mina271

mina271

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
For me both possibilities are pretty impossible hands A2o or 8Ts but I would say that no matter which hand it depends on how many people are still in the hand but since nobody has raised I will probably do a minimum raise to see how the reaction there is. If there is a reraise then I fold my hand

V

valetgll

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In any case, if this is not a game with a small number of players at the table, I throw out this hand.

Sulfuros001

Sulfuros001

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What do you prefer

I personally prefer A2 because against 10-8, it has a winning average of 53%

77ecos

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Many factors to take into account but if it is to steal the big blind with a 3 bet both hands I like, in a situation of having to go all in due to the circumstances of the tournament I would probably do it with both hands, in those scenarios that I would do, maybe my answer is useless:D:D:D:p:p:p:jd4::jd4::jd4::jd4:

ObbleeXY

ObbleeXY

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
You are in BB.

Why?!

Or only fold?!?

Welcome to Cards Chat.

I can tell by the question you are asking*, that you are new to CC specifically and poker generally. The reason I know is that, whilst you are making your valiant effort to fulfil your CC post quota, you do not yet know enough about poker to ask the right sort of questions.
That is fine of course. That is why you are here (and not at all because of the freeroll access!)

So, given that I do not get to pick the hand dealt to me, only which cards to call or raise versus which to fold, the question is moot. What I prefer has no impact on what I am dealt.

Given that you are essentially a noob (don't take offense...I've played well over 75,000 hands in the last year and I'm still a rookie)... both of these hands should be considered rubbish and quickly folded as a beginner without specific intel on villains/opponents.

If you want to start out right -- ie with a 60+ skill level on sharkscope -- You need to become tighter than a badger's arse. Playing crap cards is fundamentally the absolute biggest negative impact for beginners. I think you will be much more successful if you start out "as a nit" and then let yourself loosen up based on accumulated intel, exploiting specific players under specific circumstances.

What you may soon find is that you actually prefer gambling to winning...That is a problem for many. They appreciate the excitement of risk taking rather than of winning money that someone else had to work to earn.

The transition from the former to the later takes time, and discipline. Playing such a small number of hands can become boring for many people. But it provides ample opportunity to study your opponents' play and identify errors, blunders, habits and tells which gives even more opportunity to win pots.

If you find yourself getting bored...start up another table. (though this doubles the amount of study you have to squeeze in!)

A year on, my notes are getting extensive and I know who plays what cards from what positions at what stack depth for a few thousand players.

I promise you...reduce your VPIP (look it up!) to 10-15 by tightening your range, whilst coupling this with positional play and you will improve. You'll also enjoy playing more because your win rate goes up substantially. You will also get more credit when you sneak in an occasional, well-timed, bluff when you are otherwise tight. (But still, as a beginner, avoid bluffing until you have acquired an otherwise rock solid strategy.)

So I know I didn't really answer your question...but hopefully this will lead you to more useful questions you should be thinking about.

Cheers,
ObbleeXY

* PS ... the post count and number of likes also gives away the noob status!

forrow10

forrow10

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You are in BB.

Why?!

Or only fold?!?

Mmm If I have to choose I would prefer 10-8s to call...
Connected and suited hands makes easier to me taking decision after flop.

Against a 3bet raise I surely check how many blinds I got before calling but I would probably call.

infonazar

infonazar

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I prefer fold.
And I am more than sure that this will be a good solution in 90% of cases. But I only play in tournaments. :)

IntenseHeat

IntenseHeat

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
This is a tough one. I find both of these hands to be problematic. I don't like playing weak aces. With A-2 off in particular, you're either looking to hit an Ace or precisely a 3, 4, and 5. Of course you're going to be ahead pre-flop and your hand only needs to hold up. But how confident are you going to be with just Ace high and a weak kicker if you don't connect. If you do hit your Ace, it's going to be hard to be hard to be confident that your opponent doesn't also have an Ace and have you outkicked. If you hit your deuce, then you're holding bottom pair and every card that comes out and doesn't connect with your hand is going to be an over card to your pair, potentially making your opponent a bigger pair.

In my mind, 8-10 suited, being situated closer to the middle of the deck, seems more likely to connect, as well as create straight and flush draw opportunities. But 8-10 suited, with it's potential for creating so many drawing opportunities, is often going to create enough equity to keep you in the hand and chasing draws, that if you're me, very seldom seem to get there. But if I had to make a choice, I think that I would choose the 8-10 suited.

lovemetender

lovemetender

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I prefer A 2,I feel more comfortable with these cards.

Baldy86

Baldy86

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
10-8 suited definitely

because :

1. more likely to make a flush

2. when hitting an ace with the A-2o you can get into trouble while hitting a 10 or 8 you can get away from it more easily

3. straight possibility . i know you can make a straight with A-2 too . but with T-8 you can make straights from 6 to Q using both cards

L

Lucky River

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I prefer to play only strong hands on big blinds, and such weak hands I play through 3bet bluff.

619Leafs

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'll take the 10 and 8 to check bb. Better five card opportunities.

W

wengz2002

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would prefer A2 when 3 or less players in the table! Otherwise, I'd go for 10 8~

telespf

telespf

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Little players

I think that, normally, in a tournament we play against 3 players or less.

Normally several players fold before flop. Independent of table with 6 or 8 players.

What do you think?!

I would prefer A2 when 3 or less players in the table! Otherwise, I'd go for 10 8~

C

CallmeFloppy

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I prefer the 10-8. I like the possibilities it presents and its less likely to get me into trouble.

Phoenix Wright

Phoenix Wright

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Debating A2o or T8s (assuming I sense the situation is correct to play either), then I'd prefer A2o, but I'd still be cautiously proceeding until I convince myself I'm actually ahead. A2o is by no means a premium holding, but I do like the fact that we have at least Ace-high if our opponent is on a draw and misses :cool:

C

cheeeer

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You can choose hands? What game do you play? Anyway it depends on opponents, situation, your previous play, their previous play.

telespf

telespf

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Think

Thank you in advance for your contribution.

The issue of playing only value hands, will limit you in the tournaments, which often the antes will end up with your stack without giving you a chance to wait for the so dreamed cards.
Otherwise, I believe that in certain situations it is profitable to play these hands, even BB.

Welcome to Cards Chat.

I can tell by the question you are asking*, that you are new to CC specifically and poker generally. The reason I know is that, whilst you are making your valiant effort to fulfil your CC post quota, you do not yet know enough about poker to ask the right sort of questions.
That is fine of course. That is why you are here (and not at all because of the freeroll access!)

So, given that I do not get to pick the hand dealt to me, only which cards to call or raise versus which to fold, the question is moot. What I prefer has no impact on what I am dealt.

Given that you are essentially a noob (don't take offense...I've played well over 75,000 hands in the last year and I'm still a rookie)... both of these hands should be considered rubbish and quickly folded as a beginner without specific intel on villains/opponents.

If you want to start out right -- ie with a 60+ skill level on SharkScope -- You need to become tighter than a badger's arse. Playing crap cards is fundamentally the absolute biggest negative impact for beginners. I think you will be much more successful if you start out "as a nit" and then let yourself loosen up based on accumulated intel, exploiting specific players under specific circumstances.

What you may soon find is that you actually prefer gambling to winning...That is a problem for many. They appreciate the excitement of risk taking rather than of winning money that someone else had to work to earn.

The transition from the former to the later takes time, and discipline. Playing such a small number of hands can become boring for many people. But it provides ample opportunity to study your opponents' play and identify errors, blunders, habits and tells which gives even more opportunity to win pots.

If you find yourself getting bored...start up another table. (though this doubles the amount of study you have to squeeze in!)

A year on, my notes are getting extensive and I know who plays what cards from what positions at what stack depth for a few thousand players.

I promise you...reduce your VPIP (look it up!) to 10-15 by tightening your range, whilst coupling this with positional play and you will improve. You'll also enjoy playing more because your win rate goes up substantially. You will also get more credit when you sneak in an occasional, well-timed, bluff when you are otherwise tight. (But still, as a beginner, avoid bluffing until you have acquired an otherwise rock solid strategy.)

So I know I didn't really answer your question...but hopefully this will lead you to more useful questions you should be thinking about.

Cheers,
ObbleeXY

* PS ... the post count and number of likes also gives away the noob status!