What do you need in order to win a Freeroll?

xpvictor1

xpvictor1

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Patience, patience, patience and then lots of luck.

So many players in the freerolls and they have nothing to lose. Prepare to be called with loser hole cards and say bye bye to your tournament. Even though I used patience and luck to answer, actually above all you need to play in position. Easy to give away your blinds by betting out of position just to have someone raise you more than you are willing to risk.

57noona

57noona

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Patience, discipline and luck that is what is needed to win any tournament.

A

Andy_mirON

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Need patience and luck in addition to knowledge and understanding of the game ...
Just wait for top hands and play them aggressively as possible.
He flew with the best hand not to be upset because tomorrow will be another tournament and you must understand that you played correctly.
Just out of luck.

FroZeeN89

FroZeeN89

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Study poker, study ranges, positions, bets, bluffs and practice a lot, at least about 500 games a month.

SharkyJohn

SharkyJohn

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Winning the freeroll might be as hard as typical MTT. I think rhe key to success while playing freerolls is to stay focused during the whole tournament and control your emotions. Yah,playing super tight at the early stages and to increase aggression along with blinds (if you are playing with at least average tournament stack). I think also a little bit of luck will not be superfluous (sometimes to risk is the best play) :)

P

prizzy711

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Dodging the all in landmines in the beginning. The ones I finish well in I usual get a few stacks early when folks are pushing with trash. You survive the first few levels, then poker starts being played.

VITOS

VITOS

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Carefully consider each step. Remember that in poker luck – not the main thing. Most often the tournament is won by the most prudent of players who reads a game on several courses forward and uses mistakes of rivals, at the same time without making them.

T

TEIS22

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Patience. In all freerolls I've played people see it as free money so they go all in with the worst hands and end up killing it on the river. So be patient dont bite at what looks tempting and juss keep playin. I've won 2 freerolls and I've played alot at least 2-4 a month

Manjerica1

Manjerica1

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think nobody has sayed, but you should make notes on your oponents, in freerolls you will be able to know if a player is bad or good by the size of their bets, if he is the type of limp call or limp fold, so...
take notes on your oponents and atack them with good cards...
patient and luck are needed also, as everybody has said...
some tiny details makes you go to the final table and get some money...

S

Slip_Me_Aces

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You need to play somewhat loose in the blinds battle considering other freerollsplayers will play somewhat loose considering they have nothing to lose. It does pay though to be patient and wait for big hands because you will probably get paid off to a much worse hand. They best advice I can give you though is to practice and play as many of them as you can! When you have nothing to lose sooner or later you will get deep in one and get a good prize :)

AKQ

AKQ

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You need luck not just luck to get cards but the luck for your hand to hold up. Having such deep tourneys requires you to put it up to chance many more times than say a sitngo or a 100 player tourney. Where 6-7 flips and youre at the final table compared to 50 + chances to bust

A

audacity

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello, today I played my first Freeroll and I finished 700 from 2300. Can someone tell me what it takes to win a tournament? And some advices will be quite useful aswell.

I am adverse to short posts

But I REALLY just wanted to write

PATIENCE

heh

And really, I think patience is all you need with a FR.

Free Roll's often attract SO many people - thousands at times.

Impatience = careless risky shoves.

In those 4+ hour long hauls, you WILL have your opportunity when it's YOUR time to shine - when YOU have that ace high flush, etc... When you can triple up and make up for 2 hours of subtle losses.. etc

MemphisGrind

MemphisGrind

Think Bink
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello, today I played my first Freeroll and I finished 700 from 2300. Can someone tell me what it takes to win a tournament? And some advices will be quite useful aswell.

Like any other tournament..... learn your table. and make the best decisions...

T

Tu Ng

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I've only won two freerolls out of 200+. There is a lot of luck involved because everyone all-in with the worst hands and win with the river.

T

ThatDarnedCat

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Before entering... Time --- if you don't have enough time to get to the end then you shouldn't be entering.

During the game... Patience & Luck! Keeping your head and not getting bored is also important too. Pick your hands, play your cards well, fold at just the right moments and MAY THE POKER FORCE BE WITH YOU!

arahel_jazz

arahel_jazz

Unbalanced and Committed
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Massive amounts of luck.

L

lantz123

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
patience is very important be careful not to go on tilt especialy at the first part of the game and just understand no matter how good you play there is always going to be some fool that will go all in with nothing and win it happens don' t get discourged

Poker_Mike

Poker_Mike

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
A lot of these posts have good advice.

I would suggest not looking at the result of just one freeroll tournament.

Play 10 of them and see what your results are using some of the suggestions above.

Good luck !

ScottieDuncan

ScottieDuncan

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Build BR at first by playing aggressive to get as many players out as possible.

E

Ero2407

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Play very aggressive when tournament start , make highest bankroll on table , then programm start help and you almost always will have good hands

8bod8

8bod8

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When stating, aim for ITM (in the money), guessing you mean 1st with winning.
For ITM you'll need:
1) patience
2) luck
3) play ABC poker (just by the book)

For winning (nr 1) you'll also need skill.
With more skill, you'll reach ITM more often.