Eduard0Felipe

Eduard0Felipe

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips

Several factors must be taken into account, position at the table, stack, among many others, lately I'm having problems with low pairs, depending on the position, you will certainly be dominated many times by bigger pairs, in addition to flipping with other hands, so the best option is to play for three of a kind, but it's not a rule, as I said, several things must be taken into account, so think hard before you act.

Eduard0Felipe

Eduard0Felipe

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I guess so. Back in that period there were a lot of these insane preflop raise-reraise wars, where I guess, the idea was, that if you just kept reraising, your opponent would eventually give you credit for having AA and fold. There is also a famous hand from the TV show "big game" featuring Vanessa going crazy with J7.

Watched this video a few years ago, when she takes the turn and realizes she's committed most of her stack, she scowls hahahahahha

Sad, but it happens a lot.

V

vitormh

Enthusiast
Bronze Level
Total posts
BR
Chips
Depends what are the circumstances, but occasionally you have to go for the all in for sure

D

DidPanas

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
UA
Chips
I'm just starting to play poker, but this is the max I raise.

J

June4Spades

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Shove them unless your are really desperate. Or maybe if I wanted to bluff against a week opponent they would give me a grain of confidence.

P

plusia

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
All in no ,,but call is o k I think ;)

mickykitch88

mickykitch88

Enthusiast
Bronze Level
Total posts
IE
Chips
Its hard ssometines i play it stealth but mostly as you say its a heavy bet pre flop to scrape money l. If tbey go with me well....i have 44

bullkk

bullkk

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I play according to the situation, as with any card.

B

BrunoFabri01

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
for me, calling or all-in with a low pair depends a lot on how many people are in the hand..., I usually call if there are two or less players

paddyswarrior

paddyswarrior

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
IE
Chips
Keep them in your pocket 🤣

V

valetgll

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think this is a weak pair and only use it for small raises.

A

AndyB_10

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
GB
Chips
if there's not many players in it could be worth a shot

78mariusz

78mariusz

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you believe your lucky then go all in, in all other ways look on the table, around you, check your position, no. of hands in, and make a rational decision

Gallarado777

Gallarado777

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
with a pair of 44, you need to push from a late position of 2 sometimes 3 if a passive player otherwise needs to enter with a small call to see the flop after the discard

Roobz75

Roobz75

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Play them, then it depends on the turn....

B

bidearm

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
For me it would depend on my position and chip count and if its a tight player or not so really its all about are you willing to take the chance on it or not

bapfel

bapfel

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
I would do standard raise in late position or 3 BB raise as SB, but perhaps in UTG only limp and hope for trips .)

dzsire

dzsire

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
HU
Chips
You don't have to go all-in right away, but it's worth playing with it if you have the opportunity, of course this is true for all small pairs.
If someone else has already gone all-in, then fold, but it depends on a lot of things (which stage of the tournament, what position, how many chips you are risking).

franciscomos

franciscomos

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i agree that it depends of the table, if you have enough chips, you can risk, but if you're not strong at your table, would be better just to rise, to see if there's another 4 and you can give them a great surprise, today happened that to me, I was whit an AAJJ and my enemy got a 444, was sad :(

nelomec

nelomec

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Good morning everyone
Two 4-4 are you all-in?
No, normally this hand is to play slowlly, with the aim of hitting three of a kind and stealing many of the opponent's chips, never go all in with that hand at the beginning or in the middle of a tournament, on the bubble too, the chances of being eliminated are great.

GarotoMaroto

GarotoMaroto

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
If iam with 10BBs or less yes XD

T

Tomiveres

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Good morning everyone
Two 4-4 are you all-in?
You need to give us more information , what is your position , what is your stack (big blinds) and what is the action before you ? It is a tournament , it is a cash game , more information .
I would go all in with 44s if everybody folds and i have a late position , cut off , button , small blind .
If you have like 10bb and everybody folds and you are button , you should easy go all in , but if you have like 100 blinds and there are a lot of limpers before you , you can easy limp and hope to hit the set .
I hope my answer help you a little bit , but if you want a better answer just give more information about your position at the table and your stack .

lauestla

lauestla

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Obviously it depends on the situation : stacks, position, previous raise or not? But if I am short stack and in push or fold strategy I usually shove with 44.