Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Good morning everyone
Two 4-4 are you all-in?
Good morning Houbi37! :giggle:

I wake up with 44 and have to choose whether or not to go all-in?

What are the circumstances..? :unsure:

Is it all-in to call? Do we have a push/fold short stack?

Is it the bubble?! 😧

Dailon Arroyo Blandon

Dailon Arroyo Blandon

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CR
Chips
well..... the only way for me to play a pair of 44s would be if I have less than 10 bb... that is 8 or less bb and then I would go all-in... otherwise I don't play them

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Depends on the effective stack size, my position and previous action.

Risto234

Risto234

põrandaalune pokkerimängija
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
EE
Chips
What kind of question is this :unsure:

It is always worth going all-in with any pair ...

black and

black and

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Good morning everyone
Two 4-4 are you all-in?
Rarely. It depends on many factors such as the format of the tournament, my stack size and my opponents stack size, my position at the table and so on. In most cases, I won't take any chances with such a pair.

S

Station_Master

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Good morning everyone
Two 4-4 are you all-in?
If I make a set then yes!

Obviously a lot of factors at play, position, stack sizes, whether it's a tourney or cash game etc

AdiS18

AdiS18

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
Good morning everyone
Two 4-4 are you all-in?
Very seriously.....I'm inclined to say never....but it's always a "but"....it depends on each player, on his playing style, how many chips he has, in which position he is in the ranking. ...

M

Maximum

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you are first you can open them with 2xbb but you must have around 40bb ,if someone else open raise and you have 44 you can call and play for set IF YOU HAVE call15 (that means you and your opponent must have 15 times the open raise ) otherwise with mid stack it is better to fold 44 and look for better spots.And when you are short around 10bb you can open jam if you are first .

kitchy65

kitchy65

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
If you are first you can open them with 2xbb but you must have around 40bb ,if someone else open raise and you have 44 you can call and play for set IF YOU HAVE call15 (that means you and your opponent must have 15 times the open raise ) otherwise with mid stack it is better to fold 44 and look for better spots.And when you are short around 10bb you can open jam if you are first .
I like your answer the most, so far.

You want paying when you make a set ;).

W

wavetune

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I will try to watch the flop cheap, you can also go all in if no one has opened a short stack before me, I am in a late position

kitchy65

kitchy65

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I will try to watch the flop cheap, you can also go all in if no one has opened a short stack before me, I am in a late position

Sooooooo...its you doubling up all the bloody short stacks when I'm sweating on the bubble!!

Andyreas

Andyreas

Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
Yeah what can possibly go wrong with shipping it in for a lot of chips with pocket fours? All the best players in the world do that ;)

Imagine if the 66 guy would have called. FH for him. 😜

Both players played their hand supper aggressively and wanted their opponent to fold, I assume? 🙈

WrongUsername

WrongUsername

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
fold and move on, depend on situation obv

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Both players played their hand supper aggressively and wanted their opponent to fold, I assume? 🙈
I guess so. Back in that period there were a lot of these insane preflop raise-reraise wars, where I guess, the idea was, that if you just kept reraising, your opponent would eventually give you credit for having AA and fold. There is also a famous hand from the TV show "big game" featuring Vanessa going crazy with J7.

B

BurnTurnRun

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
GB
Chips
Try to see a flop cheap and go set mining.

Garfield52

Garfield52

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
well that was quite the variety of suggestions as to what to do with pocket 4s. I guess it the same as with pocket aces ....... how many times have I gone with AA only to be beat by some yahoo with a crapy pair offsuit to start and then hooks the winning hand