Can we limp A-K?

C

CallmeFloppy

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I am not really a fan of limping with AK UTG. I would prefer that move at least in middle position when I have a player behind me that has proven they will raise limpers with a pretty wide range.

diego farfan

diego farfan

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
BO
Chips
You are absolutely right, but sometimes you have to be careful, I stay here because of 5 juices, I came out 2 times since that time depending on the type of players that I have in the same act a little passive and increasing gradually, or in other cases I am also aggressive

German629

German629

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi the ALL! I think a hand AK (especially not suited) often overrated...
Any pair (even 22) often wins AK. Therefore, limp with AK possibly
is not bad decision. But the every occasion is individual. Especially this
depends from your position, because a position in the Poker is most main thing
by my opinion.:rolleyes::cool:

ventrolloquist

ventrolloquist

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In most cases we have to raise, reraise or even go all-in with A-K, but I will share with you an interesting shot that I played before two days:
I open A-K UTG, the players in the table are aggressive, if I raise UTG they will know that I have a big hand and probably they will just call. So, I decide to limp, I call, another player calls, and as I predicted one of the players made a big raise, another player call the raise, I go all-in and the original raiser call me, he had K-Q, and I double-up easily.
Never play the same way, you have to be creative and to take your decisions depending of the course of the game.

Big No.

AK is a drawing hand, you limp it and the following can happen:

1) Half the table over-limps, you are now multiway with a drawing hand, which is fine if you hit a straight, but the value of your high pairs actually goes down as a result, and if you overvalue AK (which by the way only has 50% equity vs. pocket 2's) then you're screwed.

2) A smart opponent will instantly know you hold AA, AK, or KK. If a position aware player limps at me from UTG this is usually what I assume.

Now I agree that it depends on a table and you should be creative, a limp re-raise is sometimes a valid move if you have an aggressive player to your left, but I wouldn't risk it with AK, and playing it OOP postflop wouldn't be ideal.