two aces vs ace and king

K

Kokolo69

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
who thinks what is better for allin and why?

A

andreyfrost

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Ace and king of the same suit are good all-in cards if the pot is small. Two aces is even better)))

S

shokaku

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Aces. They are already a made hand. AK may look good, but it still needs to make a hand.

D

dregan

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think that the ratio of the strength of these hands is somewhere around 1 to 10. A pocket pair of AA is already a made hand and AK still needs to get a combination.

sincos

sincos

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Of course, AA is much stronger than AK .... It's very sad when I have AK, and my opponent has AA

dreamer13

dreamer13

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
LV
Chips
This is the worst thing that can be at the table in such hands 90% win with AA.

ObiwanJ

ObiwanJ

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Definitely AA, I've learnt not to call an all-in preflop when I have AK because only people likely to raise all-in preflop are gonna be AA or KK and they are likely to win as they have some of the cards you need to make your hand.

K

Kokolo69

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Of course, the probability that a flush will fall out is low, but anyway, if an ace and a king are suited, then there is such a probability against two aces. Or am I mistaken?

M

manIk5

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In my world its nobrainer . Best hand in th poker vs ak ...Even if its suited ...

Sadly most of the times those clash preflop all in , so pray you have better end , and move on ;)

offshore11000

offshore11000

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Well I think AA will always be better in terms of math, but there are several ways to play both hands, I think the only thing we should not consider is playing so badly that we give up these hands. point of view: You with AA fill your hand with 5 or 6 players thinking about capturing more value from your aces. When playing you bet little and on the board comes something like straights or flushes I think you are putting yourself in a situation of almost giving up the AA is what I see a lot of people doing. Even in this situation considered bad and close to the bubble I wouldn't give up.lol:):D

rehktega

rehktega

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I've caught this hand several times As vsAk aa wins 80% of the time, the bad thing is when the K hits two at once on the flop, then it's hard lol.

P

padman400

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Just got all in with Ak off and guess what he turns overs aces. I won with a flush hahaha

Sometimes the gods love you :)

C

Clutchdenier

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Confused about why this is even a question - the better hand obviously.

hilary antonik filho

hilary antonik filho

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I have AA trauma, in 6 tournaments in a single week I lost to worthless cards or low pairs, as I have also lost to AK, it goes a lot from the day and intuition

Phoenix Wright

Phoenix Wright

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
AK is a powerful preflop holding, but AA is literally the best preflop hand someone could be dealt in hold'em. Clearly, the best possible preflop hand is better preflop All-in ;)

BetterThanAvgButNotByMuch

BetterThanAvgButNotByMuch

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Just the idea that folks are thinking AK is similiar to AA or KK is very odd.

Cardschat has a wonderful odds calculator that will tell you the odds of AK against AA, KK vs AK or any two cards against AK to highlight the differences.

But AK against the worst hands in poker 72o is 67/33 winner, so you will lose 1/3 times you shove with AK preflop against a beginner that has absolutely no clue what they're doing and calls you.

The blinds were eating me up yesterday in a freeroll and I foolishly shoved with AK preflop when I really didn't need to hoping that my tight image would convince some folks to fold but ran into KK and I was thinking that's what I deserve for playing the hand so badly.

I got uber, uber lucky hitting I think it was a gut shot but lol it didn't matter because I played it really bad.

Play with the odds calculator to see how any hand you're interested in goes against other hands and that might help you decide if your ideas are correct or not.

GL

U

UzDarkHero

Enthusiast
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
On the pre-flop your chances to lose with AA to AK is about 8% ) After the flop it depends on the situation. But mostly if it's heads up, AA almost never lose to AK )

eberetta1

eberetta1

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
yeah, AA vs. AK is the least of your worries. Online, the qj10 will come on the flop or 4 of one suit will appear on the board and surprise, surprise , your ace is not that suit. And opponents King is the correct suit for the flush.