Tracking Software (Day 21 Course Discussion)

Good Man

Good Man

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You have selected the most interesting programs in our opinion that will be useful to a wide range of poker players. The advantage of these applications is that they can be used both directly during the game, and for training, eliminating their faces. They all have a well - developed interface, work with them is intuitive and they have excellent functionality.

Life is a game , play beautiful

carmenzu

carmenzu

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I need a tracking software, I'm going to choose PokerTracker 4, I have the free version of Hand2Note but it doesn't show me anything, just the HUD, the saved hands don't allow me to see or analyze them.

If the PokerTracker 4 link is still active in CC I will buy it there

Katie Dozier

Katie Dozier

Poker Expert
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You have selected the most interesting programs in our opinion that will be useful to a wide range of poker players. The advantage of these applications is that they can be used both directly during the game, and for training, eliminating their faces. They all have a well - developed interface, work with them is intuitive and they have excellent functionality.

Life is a game , play beautiful

Glad you found the programs we discussed useful, Good Man! :)

P

Phyrrura

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
That's very useful

How many tools does the poker tracker Apps have. Now let's see how many of them there is the free ones.

Collin Moshman

Collin Moshman

Poker Expert
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
How many tools does the poker tracker apps have. Now let's see how many of them there is the free ones.

I'm not sure the total number of tools, but quite a few for sure :)

The results tracking; stats displays; filtering; replays; individual tournament summaries, to name just five that come to mind with PT4.

Pichman189

Pichman189

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'm not sure the total number of tools, but quite a few for sure :)

The results tracking; stats displays; filtering; replays; individual tournament summaries, to name just five that come to mind with PT4.

Glad you found the programs we discussed useful, Good Man! :)

Oh, I'm here!)
Help me, pls.
I want to be a TAG player and its very important to exploit opponents (punish their mistakes and passive playing style). Naturally, in the end, to win and get moral satisfaction. So to the point: tell me good stats for a strong aggressive player. Do I need to configure them manually or are the standard ones enough? For example, I use Hold'em Manager 3. What stats should I display in HUD for MTT and SNG 45 people 0.25 (I want to become a reg of this discipline). Correctly, I understand that the stats must be displayed:
vip - 15-20%
pfr - 12-15%
3bet- 6-8%
4 bet - 1.5%
sqz - 5%
WTSD -45%
agg-20%
cbet flop-70%
cbet turn-60%
cbet river-60%
fold to flop cbet-50 %
fold to turn cbet-50 %
fold to river cbet-50 %
pfa-5
steal - 15%
fold to 3bet steal-40%
What other stats must necessarily be displayed in the Hud and are the correct values ​​indicated for the ones I have listed? Or vpip and pfr are enough and the rest can be watched pop up and not bother? Someone told me that knowing the theory of poker, it is also important to understand the stats of the tracker program (Holdem Manager 3). I decided to ask my poker teachers about this) Who, if not you, will help me with the stats ?! This is logical, because after completing the course of the winner of poker, I want to win and proudly say that I learned on Cardchat and I understand that I should also be able to master statistics. I came up with the formula for the winner! In order to win poker you need: 1. Know the theory of poker (your 30 day poker course), 2. Be able to analyze statistical indicators of poker programs (Holdem Manager, PokerTracker, Hand2Note) 3. Observe bankroll management 4. Know what disciplines to play 5. Image of a poker player, so that you have a special style of play, different from others (there may be a special size of bets, re-raises, etc.)
I am sure there are more points, but in my opinion these are the main ones. And of course, practice and practice again.) As Lenin said, study, study and study again! :):):)

Last edited:
Collin Moshman

Collin Moshman

Poker Expert
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
There aren't any stats that you absolutely have to have, but generally I like at minimum:

Player Name / # of Hands / VPIP / PFR / Pre-Flop 3-Bet

This gives us a good idea of both the tight/loose and passive/aggressive dimensions. If I'm adding another line, it would be post-flop specific stats including both c-bet and fold to c-bet.

For 9-handed poker, there's no right or wrong but most likely your VPIP for now should fall into a range of about 14-20, and your PFR should be ~ 2-4 percent lower. For example, stats of 17/14 would be decent VPIP/PFR.

Hope that helps!

EnigmaTTO

EnigmaTTO

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Do you guys have any recommendations for filtering hands for review when using tracking software? There are so many options for what kinds of hands to review that I don't really know where to start. Any kinds of hands you guys would recommend taking a look at ?

Collin Moshman

Collin Moshman

Poker Expert
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Do you guys have any recommendations for filtering hands for review when using tracking software? There are so many options for what kinds of hands to review that I don't really know where to start. Any kinds of hands you guys would recommend taking a look at ?

Sorry I didn't see this question before Enigma.

A great first one is just looking at large pots you've lost (such as pot size 100bb or higher depending on your format). After that, it could be spots you've check-raised, 4-bet pots pre-flop, or facing river raises. It depends on where you feel the most need to study/improve or just what you'd enjoy looking at / motivates you to study.

Pichman189

Pichman189

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
There aren't any stats that you absolutely have to have, but generally I like at minimum:

Player Name / # of Hands / VPIP / PFR / Pre-Flop 3-Bet

This gives us a good idea of both the tight/loose and passive/aggressive dimensions. If I'm adding another line, it would be post-flop specific stats including both c-bet and fold to c-bet.

For 9-handed poker, there's no right or wrong but most likely your VPIP for now should fall into a range of about 14-20, and your PFR should be ~ 2-4 percent lower. For example, stats of 17/14 would be decent VPIP/PFR.

Hope that helps!

Can you help me? What different between SNG 0.25 45-max and 1$ 45 max?Only bankroll, and I must have 100$ for grinding this limit or something else?Is 1$ 45-max much stronger and I have no chance to have ROI 30%+?
Because now 0.25$ seems a bit boring)

Collin Moshman

Collin Moshman

Poker Expert
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Can you help me? What different between SNG 0.25 45-max and 1$ 45 max?Only bankroll, and I must have 100$ for grinding this limit or something else?Is 1$ 45-max much stronger and I have no chance to have ROI 30%+?
Because now 0.25$ seems a bit boring)

The difference is just that the $1 game will likely have a few more regulars and stronger players compared to the $0.25 game. If you have the bankroll to play it and you're beating the $0.25 game, then go for it :)

Pichman189

Pichman189

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The difference is just that the $1 game will likely have a few more regulars and stronger players compared to the $0.25 game. If you have the bankroll to play it and you're beating the $0.25 game, then go for it :)

Yes, I think it more interesting and I shouldn't play 3000 games in month to beat this limit as in 0.25$
I think 20-25 tounaments/day will be good)

imnoobpoker

imnoobpoker

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Thank you for day 21. When I started playing, bought the Pokertracker Small Stacks software. Still playing with it. However, I think I do not get the most out of this program. Most of the times I review some of my hands, I marked during my games.

Do you have any advise, how I can use my data to actually learning objects? Are there any tutorials for example?

Thank you for the lesson, let's go to day 22.

Collin Moshman

Collin Moshman

Poker Expert
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Thank you for day 21. When I started playing, bought the Pokertracker Small Stacks software. Still playing with it. However, I think I do not get the most out of this program. Most of the times I review some of my hands, I marked during my games.

Do you have any advise, how I can use my data to actually learning objects? Are there any tutorials for example?

Thank you for the lesson, let's go to day 22.

That's great, and yes there are definitely some good tutorials on YouTube for learning Pokertracker and using the different features. If you're reviewing and marking hands that's already a very nice part of the use.

Other things to do:

** Put up a HUD with at least # of Hands / VPIP / PFR / 3-bet

** Track your results including with all-in luck adjustment

** Search for opponents you play with a lot and filter for hands where they make it to showdown (so you see how they play each street)

Pichman189

Pichman189

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
That's great, and yes there are definitely some good tutorials on YouTube for learning Pokertracker and using the different features. If you're reviewing and marking hands that's already a very nice part of the use.

Other things to do:

** Put up a HUD with at least # of Hands / VPIP / PFR / 3-bet

** Track your results including with all-in luck adjustment

** Search for opponents you play with a lot and filter for hands where they make it to showdown (so you see how they play each street)

These are great HUD stats with the number of hands / VPIP / PFR / 3-bet
When I play at 16 tables at the moment, I have very little time to make the right decision and, as a rule, I am in a hurry, so this minimum data is my life jacket!)
Without them I probably would have given up on poker long ago and lost my last hope of making a good bankroll. :)

Thank you Collin for greate course. And I find some your books about SNG.Heads up too. Greate Job!

S

silversun87

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Very interesting topic. I'm wondering if anybody knows roughly what percentage of players use tracking software on pokerstars in micro/lower stakes?

Also, those of you who have been using it for a while did you notice a significant increase in your winnings? If so by approximately how much? Trying to figure out if it's worth spending the money considering I'm still learning/only starting to play more seriously.

Last question, how much time do you have to play before you build up some statistics on your opponents that might become useful? If you play MTTs I'm thinking it would take at least months before you happen to play with the same player on a few ocasions at the same table to build a relevant sample. Assuming you play MTTs everyday.

Thanks!

Last edited:
Collin Moshman

Collin Moshman

Poker Expert
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Very interesting topic. I'm wondering if anybody knows roughly what percentage of players use tracking software on Pokerstars in micro/lower stakes?

Also, those of you who have been using it for a while did you notice a significant increase in your winnings? If so by approximately how much? Trying to figure out if it's worth spending the money considering I'm still learning/only starting to play more seriously.

Last question, how much time do you have to play before you build up some statistics on your opponents that might become useful? If you play MTTs I'm thinking it would take at least months before you happen to play with the same player on a few ocasions at the same table to build a relevant sample. Assuming you play MTTs everyday.

Thanks!

Good questions!

I’m not sure on the percent of players who use it, maybe around 20% as a guess?

I think that most players can have a real increase in win rate with tracking software. If you currently have a 10% ROI in SNGs for example, I think you would increase to at least 12% and possibly up to 15% or so.

For getting stats that might be useful, very quickly. Of course, weeks or months if you want a very large hand sample. But if you get 50 hands on a player and they have extreme stats like a 40% vpip, that’s very useful info that should impact your strategy right away.

xOneCoolHandx

xOneCoolHandx

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I love my HUD...I use Poker Copilot and think it is fantastic. That said, I am still of the opinion that nothing replaces observation and notes at the table. I know HUDs allow you to play a ton of games, but I guess I am old-fashioned and prefer to play just a couple and really focus in on them. Of course I do really like having the HUD to track VPIP and all of the other info, I think it enhances what I am already doing.

CDNMAN 42

CDNMAN 42

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Using Software

I love my HUD...I use Poker Copilot and think it is fantastic. That said, I am still of the opinion that nothing replaces observation and notes at the table. I know HUDs allow you to play a ton of games, but I guess I am old-fashioned and prefer to play just a couple and really focus in on them. Of course I do really like having the HUD to track VPIP and all of the other info, I think it enhances what I am already doing.

Hi, I tried using a Poker Tracker recently but I guess I'm just not Techy enough. The most useful item I found was the Leak Tracker which I believe did point out some of my faults, correcting them consistently, of course, is another matter, lol.
I get the feeling that playing in Micro SitNGo Tourneys and free rolls, most or a large portion of the players are just playing wild and betting patterns or cards are almost meaningless, but when I play cash games then the players appear more consistent and note taking becomes a valid tool. All in all I believe old school tactics of watch, listen and learn are the most effective. See you on the felt.:):):)

xOneCoolHandx

xOneCoolHandx

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi, I tried using a Poker Tracker recently but I guess I'm just not Techy enough. The most useful item I found was the Leak Tracker which I believe did point out some of my faults, correcting them consistently, of course, is another matter, lol.
I get the feeling that playing in Micro SitNGo Tourneys and free rolls, most or a large portion of the players are just playing wild and betting patterns or cards are almost meaningless, but when I play cash games then the players appear more consistent and note taking becomes a valid tool. All in all I believe old school tactics of watch, listen and learn are the most effective. See you on the felt.:):):)

I agree to a certain point Jerry. I like my HUD for the things like VPIP, PreFlop Raises, C-bets, Fold to C-bet and Fold to 3-bet specifically. There are some other things that I have displayed, but I find these the most useful because you really can't track how many pots a player is entering in your head, and when they are entering, are the entering for a raise or limping a lot. So, while I agree that taking notes and observation are the best tools, I definitely like the enhancement of the HUD. If you need any help with it LMK.

Collin Moshman

Collin Moshman

Poker Expert
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Any recommendations for HUD? Also how much do they generally cost?

There are free trials and pay-by-month options available like Jivaro. My personal preference is Poker Tracker as it’s user friendly and has a lot of features. I believe the full version is around 100/year now.

barbados

barbados

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
Software is of course a great tool for achieving good results in poker. However, there is no development of intuition. After all, poker is primarily a game. Yes, it allows you to earn good money in a relatively short time. However, let's imagine a situation - all the players at the table use the program for the game. What will we see? A competition of programs? And where is a person's place then?

mariussica88

mariussica88

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
Finished Day 21...9 to go

I use Holdem Manager for almost a year now with only some basics stats and it helps a lot. Mainly when I am playing multiple tables (4 to 8)

Oranaro

Oranaro

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I used Poker Tracker while playing on PS, now I play mainly on ggpoker, and they have their own tracker, which is quite good. But the problem I don't know how, and if even it's possible, to change the data showed on the HUD. If someone knows how to do that (on ggpoker) I'd be thankfull!