Tracking Software (Day 21 Course Discussion)

BetterThanAvgButNotByMuch

BetterThanAvgButNotByMuch

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Last lessons reviewed weres W3, D17 and D20, need to do 18, 19 to finish the week

Week 3, Day 21: Tracking Software

So Tracking software can help you away of the game by analyzing your results and in game by tracking player tendencies with a HUD.

VPIP you have to raise or call to affect this. It will tell how tight or loose someone is.

Collin goes over some aspects of Poker Tracker that can be used to help folks away from the table like reports like how well you do in tourns with states like ROI, ITM, how many wins you have, replay certain hands see how you played them, analyses your win rate with certain hands in certain positions so it can help you find and analyze troubled spots in your game with a ton of filters. Last thing Collin goes over is the "all in luck feature" that tells how many times you put money in bad and got lucky so it can identify how solid your game really is.

EBOOK TIDBITS:
"Tracking software cost money. Its also no longer allowed on every online poker room" so know your site's policy on this before you spend money and time getting used to it.

C

Chase

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Wow - talk about mathematical heaven! The tracking software and HUDs available today look very, very powerful. But I thought I had read on Cardschat (the previous post and elsewhere) that you can't use these on some poker sites and in fact they might revoke your membership if you do? I don't want to get into trouble at the outset of my soon to be illustrious poker career so I think I'll hold off on these for the time being.

Rob Hobson

Rob Hobson

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Using Tracking Software can help you make and more informed decisions when playing poker.

If you have not yet read Day 21 and watched the video for Day 21 - take a few minutes now to do that and then come back here to discuss it:
Tracking Software

Collin discusses how you can use tracking software to improve your own game and to learn more about your opponents. This is always a hot topic for discussion - what are your thoughts? Both Collin and Katie are experts on this topic so be sure to ask them questions!

7bac8b28f66f2c54c3a817dc8dfb973c.png

9bae48e8b0b6064ee1698bd2e01bd23b.png
Despite I'd never applied them at my games, manage those softs should be very interesting.

By now I keeping playing in a way its users cannot track me so easy.:)

Atararo14

Atararo14

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips
Finished Day 21

Tracking software is very interesting for grind, it facilitates decision-making according to the profile of each player as explained on the video.

The 3 main statistics are VPIP, PFR and 3-bet. Depending on these 3 data we can predict the villain's reaction and this optimizes our result on the long turn.

In addition to the advantage we can have against other players, Tracking software also allows us to work on the game by reviewing our sessions and analyzing our hands and many other options.

I find that this software is an essential tool to take an advantage against opponents to optimize the result over the long turn.

Eduard0Felipe

Eduard0Felipe

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Tracking software, the first thing I want to buy when I have the dollars to do it, I truly believe that the tracking tool brings a long-term advantage, I intend to play professionally, so it will definitely be something I buy with the greatest capacity possible, thanks again for the exemplary class Collin.

21/30.

Debi

Debi

Forum Admin
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Finished Day 21

Tracking software is very interesting for grind, it facilitates decision-making according to the profile of each player as explained on the video.

The 3 main statistics are VPIP, PFR and 3-bet. Depending on these 3 data we can predict the villain's reaction and this optimizes our result on the long turn.

In addition to the advantage we can have against other players, Tracking software also allows us to work on the game by reviewing our sessions and analyzing our hands and many other options.

I find that this software is an essential tool to take an advantage against opponents to optimize the result over the long turn.

Those are the 3 stats I primarily focused on then I played a lot online. It was definitely helpful.

Gutshot Gus

Gutshot Gus

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I learned a lot from this lesson. Mainly, stats aren't worth anything unless you use them.
I have Poker Tracker 4 and saw some things that will help me out that I was not aware of how to do.
I need to spent more time with Poker Tracker 4 and get to know it better.

Gh0stL

Gh0stL

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
PE
Chips
Day 21 finished.
Nice topic about software to track a another players.

ty.

Anamembu

Anamembu

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
Day 21 completed, honestly, this is a new topic for me, very interesting indeed. A lesson with very valuable information, thank you!