Top two pair

chipstacker

chipstacker

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
do you fold top two pair if there is a straight coming or flush, or do you stick to your guns

micalupagoo

micalupagoo

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
well if there is no straight or flush, just a draw, bet hard and push them out

btw this is the players lounge, you should post questions in cash or tournament poker sections
could also post a hand history, or at least give more info, like stack sizes, # of people in pot, table dynamics, your read on villian(s), cash or tourney etc etc

J

jj20002

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
depends on the table and the stage

do you fold top two pair if there is a straight coming or flush, or do you stick to your guns

if you are in one to one hand or is a mutiway?

how is your stack regarding the blinds and the opponents,

the size of the pot,

what kind of mtt are you playing? is it fast? are push by the blinds?

also what information you have from your opponents? do they bet in draw situations?

so, is not a straight decision, it depends on the moment, every hand is played in a unique way depending on multiple factors,

so be aware of every detail surrounding the game and then try to take the best decision, no matter what the outcome is

horizon12

horizon12

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In MTT , in beginning of the game u can fold,
In the middle of the game when the chips is not much I' just call,
Just need to look at the opponent, if he had previously played aggressively should call..

A

aceboogie

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
i usually raise and make them calculate pot odds since their on draws. good players play the odds and will fold most of the time. bad players will chase and end up losing big stacks in the long run. calculate odds and use it to your advantage

C

cotta777

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Top 2 pair 2 way in a pot will be strong, theirs alot to evaluate post flop like if he has called your raise and what range is he likely calling with, would he of re-raised a strong hand to protect against draw, and if not would he of just called a draw?

on the turn if you beleive them to be drawing price them out the hand, your getting good equity if they call and some players will in lower stakes,

Arjonius

Arjonius

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The likelihood I'll fold top 2 vs. a straight or flush draw can vary. Factors that can affect the decision are how well or poorly the board fits the opponent's range, his style in general, his actions on the hand, the chip situation, the tournament situation, etc. Since the question asks about folding, I assume the opponent has bet, so the size of that bet can obviously matter too.

ChipEaterMan

ChipEaterMan

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
it depends on the amount of the raise or reraise of your opponent. You should have precaution if he continues making big raises