Tight vs Loose: Which is easier to beat?

juninhigh

juninhigh

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's harder to read what kind of hand a loose player is holding (if he is o good LAG player he won't bluff). But they will chase flushes or sequences with few odds, therefore in my opinion there are going to be more profitable (all i care about), so i prefer to play against them.

Joco413

Joco413

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Good to see that opinions are very much divided on this question.

I think loose players are easier to beat because you can counter them by playing tight. Sure you will need a bit of fortune when facing them head on, but if you wait for the right hand you can take them out.

On the other hand tight players are usually the more experienced ones. Sure they can be beaten by a lot of patience and mind games, but they can also beat you by setting up traps.

D

Dark Army

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Good to see that opinions are very much divided on this question.

I think loose players are easier to beat because you can counter them by playing tight. Sure you will need a bit of fortune when facing them head on, but if you wait for the right hand you can take them out.

On the other hand tight players are usually the more experienced ones. Sure they can be beaten by a lot of patience and mind games, but they can also beat you by setting up traps.

The general consensus is that loose players are harder to beat than tight ones.

To sum it up, tight players are more predictable.

With that, not enough tight players realize that their style makes bluffing easy. When you establish yourself as a tight rock, you can represent strong cards when you don't have them and get away with it. People will believe you. Loose players are less believable.

Viper ChipIt

Viper ChipIt

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Both are exploitable, i prefer to play against loose players. Lots of value from then.

I

Izfensina

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Before getting In the Money sure I prefer playing and profitting from both loose players and Tight players but on late stages and especially on a final table it will be hard to win over tight players if you know how to adjust and what hands to play you can beat both Tight and Losse players it's all about reads and adjustments.

Joco413

Joco413

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The general consensus is that loose players are harder to beat than tight ones.

To sum it up, tight players are more predictable.

With that, not enough tight players realize that their style makes bluffing easy. When you establish yourself as a tight rock, you can represent strong cards when you don't have them and get away with it. People will believe you. Loose players are less believable.

There is no such thing as general consensus on this topic which is why it is being discussed. Tight players are more predictable than loose ones? That's incorrect. You can predict both ends but you will have to play differently against each but with patience.

F

FrothyGoodness

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It depends on what you mean by "beat". If you're talking just gaining chips no matter the amount , Tight players you can eat off all day. If you mean by gaining huge pots and getting someone to call your made hands , Loose players all day...you just have to figure out their overall range of what they are playing because there are multiple types of loose players

D

Drogba_Legend

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think it depends from the skills of your opponent. If there's a good tight player, he can make you believe that he has a better hand when it's not. Maybe less often than loose player but more convincingly, IMO.
So if the player is good and know, that he is a tight player, possibly he's harder to beat.

But still, for me, loose players are bigger problem.

D

Dark Army

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
There is no such thing as general consensus on this topic which is why it is being discussed. Tight players are more predictable than loose ones? That's incorrect. You can predict both ends but you will have to play differently against each but with patience.

Most poker books, if not all, will tell you that loose players are harder to beat.

okeedokalee

okeedokalee

Glory To Ukraine
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
NZ
Chips
A real good poker player can play both styles, and disguise them, so you think he loose when he is playing tight, and tight when you think he is playing loose.
The plan is to confuse the enemy.